State inspector closes Lamotte's

On July 1, an inspector with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture shut down Lamotte's Restaurant in New Freedom for violations stemming from "gross unsanitary condition," according to a recent health inspection. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
nosferatu

Willow Street, PA

#1 Jul 14, 2009
The male cook touched HIS pickle or A pickle?
donut lover

Orange City, FL

#2 Jul 14, 2009
YUCK!!!!!
Drama Mama

Harrisburg, PA

#3 Jul 14, 2009
And, when exactly what Lamotte's inspected last????
DMT

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Jul 14, 2009
According to the Department of Ag-Food Safety Division website, Lamott's was last inspected in the fall of 2008.
David

Middletown, PA

#5 Jul 14, 2009
They deserve to be closed. It takes a little time to keep a place clean, but not an extraordinary amount of it. I have worked in both a retail butcher shop and milk bottling/ice cream factory; each had daily cleaning to be done at end of the day, select cleaning during the day, and a total very thorough cleaning each week. Neither was ever cited for lack of cleanliness so it is possible.
And keep the pickle covered and out of the hands. I now ask for NO pickle or lemon based on the probability of contamination of either.
John II

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jul 14, 2009
Sounds like they had both severe structural violations and serious health code/food violations. What a shame.

I was last at Lamotte's 8-9yrs ago, when the crabcakes were 10oz, and the joint was clean.

Sad end to a local institution, IMO.
DARK STAR

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jul 14, 2009
Friendly Farm Is right down the road, a spotless
restaurant on manicured land. Their crab cakes have
always been better also. Try the fillet steak with
the crab cake. Nix Besser.
Jeff

State College, PA

#9 Jul 14, 2009
This place has gone to hell in the last 3-4 years & become quite a dump. What a shame, I heard Lamotte was trying to sell it a couple years ago but couldn't get anyone to take it off his hands. New Freedom Borough couldn't tell the building was in poor condition by looking @ it from the outside? My 4 year ld could tell the roof looked questionable. Great job New Freedom Borough officials. What are these people doing all day? Sitting in the Borough office?
suzyQ

York, PA

#10 Jul 14, 2009
Jeff wrote:
This place has gone to hell in the last 3-4 years & become quite a dump. What a shame, I heard Lamotte was trying to sell it a couple years ago but couldn't get anyone to take it off his hands. New Freedom Borough couldn't tell the building was in poor condition by looking @ it from the outside? My 4 year ld could tell the roof looked questionable. Great job New Freedom Borough officials. What are these people doing all day? Sitting in the Borough office?
I agree the codes enforcement official should be able to tell obvious things like that especially when they frquent them.......
Let Freedom Ring

Manahawkin, NJ

#11 Jul 14, 2009
Jeff wrote:
It's should be a complete EMBARRASSMENT to Larry that his family's restaurant has come to this....

They had the best crab cakes in the ENTIRE WORLD....no more it seems.
Got Your Number

Jerome, PA

#12 Jul 14, 2009
Jeff wrote:
New Freedom Borough couldn't tell the building was in poor condition by looking @ it from the outside? My 4 year ld could tell the roof looked questionable. Great job New Freedom Borough officials. What are these people doing all day? Sitting in the Borough office?
Don't know if it's the same guy but New Freedom had a zoning officer/inspector who couldn't tell his ass from a holding tank.

“Mom of 2, for choice...”

Since: Jun 08

New Freedom, PA

#13 Jul 14, 2009
Let Freedom Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
It's should be a complete EMBARRASSMENT to Larry that his family's restaurant has come to this....
Larry could care less, he is married and living in Kentucky now.

It is a shame though...LaMotte's used to be a decent place to eat, but I have heard over the past few months that it went to hell in a handbasket.
Realist

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jul 15, 2009
Let Freedom Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll find the WORLD'S BEST crab cakes at Stony's Seafood in Maryland. Much better than Lamotte's ever were!
Home Town

Mount Laurel, NJ

#15 Jul 15, 2009
Got Your Number wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know if it's the same guy but New Freedom had a zoning officer/inspector who couldn't tell his ass from a holding tank.
This zoning officer/inspector is the same ass that calls himself a zoning officer/inspector in Stewartstown and you are so right but Stewartstown is great at wasting the tax payer’s money. Just another example of the trained people they hire WHAT A JOKE.
ustaxpayer

United States

#17 Jul 15, 2009
This place has been nasty for 10 years or more.
My last visit cost $35.00 a person to sit on plastic furniture, with a guided tour through areas
the state inspector seen two weeks ago in the same condition.
I hope they remain closed.
Cathy Seven Valleys

New Columbia, PA

#18 Jul 15, 2009
You people have no idea the hard work that the workers of Lamottes have been doing to try and keep that place going on their own for years now. Just trying to keep their jobs and food in the place. ON THEIR OWN PEOPLE! With barely any support. Yes its true Larry did moved and doesnt give a crap. Don't sit around and bash something unless you know the whole story. Just because the building has gone to the dumps doesnt mean the food has or the people that work their have. I have ate at Lamottes on a regular basics for the past 15 years and their food is great! So is the Head Cook. All the staff that work at Lamottes are great. So you can all hang your head high because you did the best that you all could with a bad situation.
i love peen

Manahawkin, NJ

#20 Jul 15, 2009
nosferatu wrote:
The male cook touched HIS pickle or A pickle?
Yummy
YorkEatsCrap

Leola, PA

#21 Jul 15, 2009
This is sad, and unfortunately it's a symptom of York County. Seems like every couple of months some place in York is closing due to it being unsanitary and/or turned into a dump.

By the way, I was in Jimmy P's one time and their crab cake was HUGE and tasted Great! Lamotte's was WAY over-rated.

YAWN.
Man in Black

Washington, DC

#22 Jul 15, 2009
DARK STAR wrote:
Friendly Farm Is right down the road, a spotless
restaurant on manicured land. Their crab cakes have
always been better also. Try the fillet steak with
the crab cake. Nix Besser.
Agreed! FF is a great place. tough to get in on the weekend though.
F obama

York, PA

#23 Jul 15, 2009
Cathy Seven Valleys wrote:
You people have no idea the hard work that the workers of Lamottes have been doing to try and keep that place going on their own for years now. Just trying to keep their jobs and food in the place. ON THEIR OWN PEOPLE! With barely any support. Yes its true Larry did moved and doesnt give a crap. Don't sit around and bash something unless you know the whole story. Just because the building has gone to the dumps doesnt mean the food has or the people that work their have. I have ate at Lamottes on a regular basics for the past 15 years and their food is great! So is the Head Cook. All the staff that work at Lamottes are great. So you can all hang your head high because you did the best that you all could with a bad situation.
Too bad the waitress started to eat all the food, you could tell by how fat they were getting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entomology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Cajon Motel with 'Deplorable Living Conditio... Nov 19 Calimanimal760 1
Property maintenance code adopted (Dec '13) Nov 10 jordennancy23 10
Insects could feed growing global appetite for ... Nov 4 dollhouse 1
William Shatner stars in home-renovation show, ... Oct 24 kurtcooksalot16 3
Did Mammals Sleep Through Cosmic Impact That En... Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Bedbug infestation at Concord apartment buildin... (Oct '13) Oct '14 Concerned Citizen 11
Bark beetle epidemic expected Oct '14 Gerald Vonberger 1

Entomology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE