Parents facing charges after 3-year-old apparently overdoses on pills
The mother of a 3-year-old boy who nearly died after apparently overdosing on her medication last month was formally charged Friday with child neglect/endangerment. The charge wasn't pertaining to solely the drug overdose, however, but also due to the residence occupied by three small children allegedly being filthy and infested with insects ... (more)
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kingsport Times.
#1 Apr 19, 2013
This is awful! There has to be people or at least one person....a neightbor, family member, anyone, who knew about the conditions those poor children were living in. Why would they not report it?!
#2 Apr 30, 2013
I hope that poor baby is ok and won't have any permanent damage from this. I agree with you Caroline....how could anyone let these poor children live like this! I heard the father was charged with child abuse/neglect back in 2011 as well.
#3 May 12, 2013
Wow. I'm not sure what the dad got, but the mom got a year of probation and 96 hours of community service. The paper didn't mention parenting classes, which I am hoping she has to go to. What the heck?! Her child almost died due to her negligence, not to mention that all 3 of her children were living in filth and all she gets is a slap on the wrist. It's crap like this that has caused me to lose all faith in the judicial system!
Add your comments below
|Can maggots eat away at nation's food waste cri...||Sep 30||shadow_hunter||3|
|Trending Now 6 Mins Ago They're back: Here's ho...||Sep 27||schizoaffective||1|
|North Adams Housing Authority gets bed bugs und... (Mar '10)||Sep 26||Ozzie King Of Zyl...||169|
|Dog helps sniff out invasive ants on California...||Sep '17||a_visitor||3|
|Feral cats dog residents - Hawaii News (Oct '09)||Aug '17||District 1||244|
|What is this?||Aug '17||Abe||2|
|Columbus slipping on list of bed bug-infested c...||Aug '17||Duke for Mayor||2|
Find what you want!
Search Entomology Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC