Suchominus,Spinosaurus, and Baryonx v...

Suchominus,Spinosaurus, and Baryonx vs Giga, Allosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus.

Posted in the Dinosaur Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Taste my purging steel”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 20, 2011
Who will claim dominence, the spinosaurs or the carnosaurs??
Neon Drane

Sarasota, FL

#2 Jun 20, 2011
I'd say spinosaurids, but it would be really close!
Crazy Fish Not Trolling

Cockermouth, UK

#4 Jun 21, 2011
wtf happenened
the firs team would win obiously
Other Lizard

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jun 21, 2011
Suchomimus=Baryonyx, so it's Baryonyx and Spinosaurus vs Giganotosaurus, Allosaurus, and Acrrocanthosaurus. Yeah, it's pretty obvious who wins.
Hovertating Blobmeister

Bolton, UK

#6 Jun 21, 2011
In other words, two Baryonyx to make it even, or drop one of the allosauroids.
Spinosaurus vs All - Spinosaurus.
Baryonyx vs Giganotosaurus - Giganotosaurus.
Baryonyx vs Acrocanthosaurus - Acrocanthosaurus.
Baryonyx vs Allosaurus - Baryonyx.

That is a 4:2 ratio in favour of the spinosaurids, imo they win nearly 70% of the time
Other Lizard

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jun 21, 2011
Baryonyx stronger den ALLOSAURUS?!

I think not.
Dinohawk

Liberty, MO

#8 Jun 21, 2011
Spinosaurids was weak fish eaters yes Giga, Acro and Allo would win easily.
Dinohawk

Liberty, MO

#9 Jun 21, 2011
Other Lizard wrote:
I think not.
Allosaurus was much, MUCH stronger than Baryonx
Neon Drane

Sarasota, FL

#10 Jun 21, 2011
Dinohawk wrote:
Spinosaurids was weak fish eaters yes Giga, Acro and Allo would win easily.
MY BRAIN IS EXPLODING!!!!!!!!!! NEVER CALL SPINOSAURUS A WEAK FISH EATER!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!! I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK UP TO A 60 FOOT HYPER CARNIVORE WITH ARMS THAT COULD LIFT 2 TONS EACH, CAPPED WITH 15 INCH CLAWS, AND CALL IT A WEAK FISH EATER!!!!!!!! NONE OF THE PREDATORS ON THIS LIST WERE WEAK, AND CERTAINLY NOT THE SPINOSAURS!!!!!!!!! Sorry to get so angry, but if someone calls the spinosaurids weak, they don't get away with it.

“Yours truly....”

Perryville, Missouri

#11 Jun 21, 2011
no spinosaurs werent weak, by far, but id hardly describe spinosaurus as a hyper carnivore, but a 53 foot long dinosaur that filled many niches. IMO spinosaurus ate roughly 40-50% fish, 30% stolen and scavenged food, 20% killed food by itself, its arms while VERY strong, where fairly useless while fighting large terrestrial carnivores, unless the spinos opponants were forced underneath the spino somehow, considering the spinos arms werent very flexible, in the end look at it like this:

sucho/barynox vs giga- giga wins easily
spino vs allosaurus- spino wins easily
baryonx vs acro- acro wins

now its giga and acro vs spino- spino loses, remaining of team two wins

spino was definately not a weakling, nor a hyper predator
Neon Drane

Sarasota, FL

#12 Jun 21, 2011
Troodon8888 wrote:
no spinosaurs werent weak, by far, but id hardly describe spinosaurus as a hyper carnivore, but a 53 foot long dinosaur that filled many niches. IMO spinosaurus ate roughly 40-50% fish, 30% stolen and scavenged food, 20% killed food by itself, its arms while VERY strong, where fairly useless while fighting large terrestrial carnivores, unless the spinos opponants were forced underneath the spino somehow, considering the spinos arms werent very flexible, in the end look at it like this:
sucho/barynox vs giga- giga wins easily
spino vs allosaurus- spino wins easily
baryonx vs acro- acro wins
now its giga and acro vs spino- spino loses, remaining of team two wins
spino was definately not a weakling, nor a hyper predator
I'd say 40% fish hunter, 25% scavenger, and 35% hunter.
Spinodontosaurus

Bournemouth, UK

#13 Jun 22, 2011
Other Lizard wrote:
I think not.
Well, I think so.
Keep in mind that an adult Baryonyx, which I am going off, would almost certainly be larger than the largest Allosaurus known (it was almost as large whilst still a sub adult).
Allosaurus does not impress me with its fighting ability any more so than a spinosaurine. Its bite would have been about as strong; likely weaker, and its teeth and arm claws far smaller, although it does have its trademark 90* jaw opening to work with.

A baryonychine that is larger is probably going get the better in a fight. Keep in mind that the supposed slim jaws of baryonychines may not have been that slim in adults; an Irritator sized juvenile Spinosaurus, in a private collection, proportionaly has much thinner jaws than its adult counterparts. Baryonyx may have been the same.

It looses to Acrocanthosaurus because, at equal sizes, carcharodontosaurids are a little better than spinosaurids in combat, although if an average adult was as much longer than the "Suchomimus" holotype than MSNM V4074 was than the Spinosaurus holotype, we could be looking at a Baryonyx well over 13m long.
Other Lizard

San Leandro, CA

#14 Jun 22, 2011
Almost as large? There's a 3M difference......

“Taste my purging steel”

Location hidden

#16 Jun 22, 2011
Ill list sizes here to help: Baryonx Walkerius: roughly 40 feet, give or take a few, Alosaurus frgilis: roughly 35 feet. A. Maximus: about 42 feet. Spinosaurus ayehypticus; 52 feet. Acrocanthusurus: about 42 feet, Giganotosaurus carolini: roughly 46 to 50 feet.
Other Lizard

San Leandro, CA

#17 Jun 22, 2011
AYEHYPTICUS
Other Lizard

San Leandro, CA

#18 Jun 22, 2011
1.Ayehypticus.....
2.It's WALKERI, not Walkerius[Wtf?]
3.Acrocanthosaurus, not Acrocanthusurus..
4.A.Maximus doesn't exist, it's SAUROPHAGANAX Maximus, and 42ft? WTF?
5.Acrocanthosaurus is around 11M...
6.A.Fragillis=Epanterias=40ft.
7.Giganotosaurus 50 ft? I died of fanboyism.

“Taste my purging steel”

Location hidden

#19 Jun 22, 2011
Other Lizard wrote:
1.Ayehypticus.....
2.It's WALKERI, not Walkerius[Wtf?]
3.Acrocanthosaurus, not Acrocanthusurus..
4.A.Maximus doesn't exist, it's SAUROPHAGANAX Maximus, and 42ft? WTF?
5.Acrocanthosaurus is around 11M...
6.A.Fragillis=Epanterias=40ft.
7.Giganotosaurus 50 ft? I died of fanboyism.
Sorry fpr the typos, and on wikipedia it said a. Maximus and Saurophaganax where the same. Any way, back to topic. What super family wins? And Why
Neon Drane

Sarasota, FL

#20 Jun 22, 2011
Spinodontosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I think so.
Keep in mind that an adult Baryonyx, which I am going off, would almost certainly be larger than the largest Allosaurus known (it was almost as large whilst still a sub adult).
Allosaurus does not impress me with its fighting ability any more so than a spinosaurine. Its bite would have been about as strong; likely weaker, and its teeth and arm claws far smaller, although it does have its trademark 90* jaw opening to work with.
A baryonychine that is larger is probably going get the better in a fight. Keep in mind that the supposed slim jaws of baryonychines may not have been that slim in adults; an Irritator sized juvenile Spinosaurus, in a private collection, proportionaly has much thinner jaws than its adult counterparts. Baryonyx may have been the same.
It looses to Acrocanthosaurus because, at equal sizes, carcharodontosaurids are a little better than spinosaurids in combat, although if an average adult was as much longer than the "Suchomimus" holotype than MSNM V4074 was than the Spinosaurus holotype, we could be looking at a Baryonyx well over 13m long.
BTW, they are called spinosaurids, not baryonychines.
Spinodontosaurus

Bournemouth, UK

#21 Jun 22, 2011
Saurophaganax is the correct name; it is not an Allosaurus. Even if it 'was', if monospecific-ness has its way they would have been split anyway.

As I sort of elaborated on before, this is essentially 2 Baryonyx and Spinosaurus vs the allosauroids.
The spinosaurids, in this case, win against every opponent smaller than them. So:
Spinosaurus vs All - Spinosaurus.
Baryonyx vs Giganotosaurus - Giganotosaurus.
Baryonyx vs Acrocanthosaurus - Acrocanthosaurus.
Baryonyx vs Allosaurus - Baryonyx.

That is a 4:2 ratio in favour of the spinosaurids, imo they win nearly 70% of the time
Other Lizard

San Leandro, CA

#22 Jun 22, 2011
He was talking about BARYONYCHINES, not SPINOSAURINES.

If you want to be a Spinosaurid fanboy, at least get your facts right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Dino Book I Can't Remember 15 hr Ateesiks 3
African Bush Elephant vs. Centrosaurus apertus Sun Kiryu2012 1
Hugo vs. Indominus Rex - The Notre-Dame de Pari... Sat animals 1
News Giant orange dinosaur in Massachusetts saved fr... (Sep '16) Sat Ateesiks 8
Anyone left? Jan 12 Fartosaurus Rex 17
The Lost Thunder Island creatures Jan 6 souund 1
spinosaurus is weakest dinosaur (Feb '17) Jan 4 Coelophysis 41
More from around the web