Utahraptor vs. Megaraptor

Posted in the Dinosaur Forum

First Prev
of 34
Next Last
Pieman

Canonsburg, PA

#1 Feb 3, 2008
Who do you think is the best raptor? Megaraptor or Utahraptor... Who will win?
Luke

Long Branch, NJ

#2 Feb 27, 2008
Megaraptor will win! He is bigger than T-rex,and stronger than Utah raptor. Plus,Megaraptor has a claw on each foot that is over 14-feet long!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christopher Mason

Otley, UK

#3 Mar 6, 2008
For a start, Megaraptor's claw is on his THUMB, not his foot. Secondly, he is only two metres longer than Utahraptor, nowhere NEAR T-Rex. Utahraptor and Megaraptor are two very different dinos.

Still, my votes on Mega-R.
goku

United States

#4 Mar 6, 2008
awesome
morgan

UK

#5 Mar 16, 2008
i think that megarapter would win because it was a 15 feet long and ulta rapter was a lot smaller take it from me i am a scintist
morgan

UK

#6 Mar 16, 2008
iknow that megarapter would win because i have found fossils and there is a big different
nick

Bangor, ME

#7 Mar 19, 2008
what would the utahraptors habitat beż?
daniel

Fort Rucker, AL

#8 Apr 2, 2008
uh...i think it depends on which would attack first. see, utahraptor can jump, since megaraptor is larger, but megaraptor might slash utahraptor first, or utahraptor might jump on megaraptor first. but i think it would be a tie, cause size doesn't matter, it's the fierceness that does matter.
Dino-boy

Leduc, Canada

#9 Apr 19, 2008
Utahraptor would win,'cause it is thought utahraptor is the deadleist dino..and they hunt in packs of 2-5,and Megaraptor is solitary.
daniel

Fort Rucker, AL

#10 Apr 19, 2008
as i said though, if one attacks first, it would win....

because it depends on who attacks first.....
Vresikon

Woodstock, GA

#11 Apr 23, 2008
Ther is no evidence against megaraptor hunting in packs, Dino-boy.
Michael

Seffner, FL

#12 Apr 28, 2008
My bet would be on Utahraptor. Size doesnt really matter in this chase, but agility and intelligence does. Megaraptor had a claw on its hand like Baryonyx, so it probably ate fish, while on the other hand, Utahraptor hunted other dinosaurs, so Utahraptor would have the advantage. Plus Utahraptor would be a lot deadlier due to its intelligence.
Vresikon

Woodstock, GA

#13 Apr 29, 2008
The only evidence of the claw being on it's hand was on a newer specimen that wasn't even preserved very well. The bones weren't even attatched, they were just near by. The original Megaraptor had the claw on the foot. My guess is that the second one's claws were moved about by the elements. It was at least 65 million years since they were properly attatched after all. Megaraptor's skeletal system is not at all built like Baryonyx at all, it is too long boned for the perportions. It actually fit's the stereotypical Dromeosaurid blueprint pretty well.

PS: Dromeosaurid is the real name for the commonly misnomered "Raptor"
Micahel

Seffner, FL

#14 May 1, 2008
good pont.
The only problem is that there isent a full skeleton of megaraptor. or is there? ive never heard of an complete one.
Plus how can you be sure that the claw and hand was even a maegraptor's? Without the full skeleton its pretty hard no know anything about them. even though a skeleton doesnt tell very much.
Michael

Riverview, FL

#15 May 3, 2008
Ive done a little bit of reseach the other day, just to make sure i knew what i was talking about. The specimen your talking about didnt have the claw on its foot. The find only consisted of a claw, part of a hind leg, and part of the fore arm.
Dino-boy

Leduc, Canada

#16 May 10, 2008
daniel wrote:
as i said though, if one attacks first, it would win....
because it depends on who attacks first.....
No it does not! It just hurts 'em first, unless it dodges it...
Dino-boy

Leduc, Canada

#17 May 10, 2008
Vresikon wrote:
Ther is no evidence against megaraptor hunting in packs, Dino-boy.
Oh,how come they never found a megaraptor in a pack?
metal rulez

Aberdeen, UK

#18 May 10, 2008
Luke wrote:
Megaraptor will win! He is bigger than T-rex,and stronger than Utah raptor. Plus,Megaraptor has a claw on each foot that is over 14-feet long!
megaraptor aint bigger than rex thats silly but it was bigger than utahraptor and with all its speed and agility it has to be megaraptor
Stephen

United States

#19 Jun 26, 2008
Dino-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,how come they never found a megaraptor in a pack?
what are you talking they never found one in the first place it's only known from a claw wich could have been from anything not necessarily a new find.
dinolover

Tracy, CA

#20 Jun 28, 2008
I don't know who will win. Megaraptor is more closely related to allosaurus than to the dromeosaurs (raptors). It probably had less agility than utahraptor, but it was bigger, so, beats me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 34
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) 14 min Coelophysis 442
Kiryu2012, Kiryu2013 in the profile. 1 hr Kiryu2013 1
Elephant VS Tyrannosaurus - One Minute Melee 2 hr Kiryu2013 1
Kong Treasure Island 4 hr Kiryu2013 1
Poll Gigantopithecus vs Short faced bear (Jun '12) Mon 1def-ghd 11
The Lost World Dinosaurs Villains. Mon Kiryu2013 1
The best fight Lord Tirek Vs Godzilla Jul 24 Kiryu2013 1
More from around the web