Allosaurus Maximus vs Mapusaurus
Altanative Baryonyx

Milan, Italy

#42 Jan 4, 2011
Spino claw wrote:
big al, in yo first comment, you said "Allosaurus fragilis has a higher chance, since it's smaller and MUCH FASTER (even faster than tyrannosaurus)". OF COURSE IT WAS FASTER! REX WAS ONLY AT 18-25 MPH!
At dat time i was nothin more dan a mere fanboy XD

“damnant quod non sensus”

Since: Feb 11

A mead hall in Valhalla

#43 Feb 28, 2011
ggggg hi
Celestial emperor Fang

Stony Brook, NY

#44 Jun 3, 2011
Alternative baryonyx XD wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.mnhn.ul.pt/geologia/gaia/19.pdf
<quoted text>
Ehy u r da mathematics-guy!
Why dont u read dis?
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/11...
Yes, I read that 2 years ago, the figure is not very accurate, it gives femur circumference far larger than acture figure, using that fomular on FL-FC, you get a 593mm femur circumference for a extroplated 12 meter allosaurus. using all theropod tendency regression, only 488mm (which is more accurate), notice 593mm is a larger figure than the femur of T-rex which is left(573mm), right(591mm)
the best formula to use is
EXP((LN(FL(femur length cm)-1.801)/0.87)=femur circumference

about when scale up allosaurus, you should use X^3.63 not 3.61, larger theropod is more robust and has stronger struncture

off course on the other hand, for femur circumference, it will be X^2.125
so combine theropod
will be

(0.365*(TL meter)^3.63 )+1.3*(0.006704*(shaft circumference)^2.125)
this gives accurate body
new estimate, show 12 meter allosaurus.sp will be 6700kg
Mapsaurus lectype "Teresa"[1] is bigger than the largest gignatosaurus MUCPv-95, so no contest, mapsaurus win
sorry for replying late, I total forget about this....
Celestial emperor Fang

Stony Brook, NY

#45 Jun 3, 2011
allosaurus is only 3-4% faster than T-rex, and that is for a 1400kg specimen, an allosaurus the size of small T-rex will be slower than T-rex

tyrannosaurid are better adpted for running on uneven ground, but anyway mapusaurus is evolved to walk, not run, so speed will be still on allosaurus side

the mapusaurus lecotype consisted of
MCF-PVPH-108.145: a pubis shaft segement 10~11% larger than gignatosaurus holotype, notice even MUCPv-95 is only 8% bigger than holotype)
MCF-PVPH-108.185: a scapula shaft segement, suggest full length will be 10% bigger than FMNH PR 2081's scapula.
MCF-PVPH-108.80 :a 19th presarcal vetebrate, about 20% wider than the equivalent bone on gignatosurus holotype
MCFPVPH-108.179 :53cm fragment of a like wise 180cm lower jaw

ironically, the large fibula MCFPVPH-108.202 turn out to be overestimate,it is too gacile, only 6.5cm at mid shaft, giga's fibula is 2.5cm shorter, but 8cm at mid shaft
Celestial emperor Fang

Stony Brook, NY

#46 Jun 3, 2011
by the way
"Christiansen, Per estimated allosaurus speed is lower than what he estimated for a 6300kg T-rex"
although his estimate of AMNH 5027's femur is too big,he cited currie's 131cm? not likely, more like 129cm
Neon Drane

Sarasota, FL

#47 Jun 3, 2011
Celestial emperor Fang wrote:
allosaurus is only 3-4% faster than T-rex, and that is for a 1400kg specimen, an allosaurus the size of small T-rex will be slower than T-rex
tyrannosaurid are better adpted for running on uneven ground, but anyway mapusaurus is evolved to walk, not run, so speed will be still on allosaurus side
the mapusaurus lecotype consisted of
MCF-PVPH-108.145: a pubis shaft segement 10~11% larger than gignatosaurus holotype, notice even MUCPv-95 is only 8% bigger than holotype)
MCF-PVPH-108.185: a scapula shaft segement, suggest full length will be 10% bigger than FMNH PR 2081's scapula.
MCF-PVPH-108.80 :a 19th presarcal vetebrate, about 20% wider than the equivalent bone on gignatosurus holotype
MCFPVPH-108.179 :53cm fragment of a like wise 180cm lower jaw
ironically, the large fibula MCFPVPH-108.202 turn out to be overestimate,it is too gacile, only 6.5cm at mid shaft, giga's fibula is 2.5cm shorter, but 8cm at mid shaft
Why would it need to be? At 20 mph, it was probably faster than all it's prey in its environment.
wazza

Bradford, UK

#48 Jul 3, 2011
probbably mapusaurus down to the fact it could aprrently be longer than giganotosaurus its full length it thought to be about 13.7 metres in length, the average allosaurus was about 8-9 metres
EpicWeedle

Cockermouth, UK

#49 Jul 4, 2011
I agree Mapusuaurus wins, although Allosaurus could grow to about 12m.
Diloto

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#50 Jul 5, 2011
Mapusaurus should be much larger,more massive and possibly have a more advance brain since it's from the cretaceous period.Allosaurus maybe faster smaller and can out run Mapusaurus but to bring down a Mapusaurus you need to attack and when the Allosaurus get near that giant and predator,Mapusaurus would grab it by the big set of jaws easily since Allosaurus is not as tall,then crush it.
wazza

Leicester, UK

#51 Jul 6, 2011
yeh i have read a thing sayin mapusaurus wasnt as big as they thought but it cud still grow to about 13.7m in length and also allosaurus couldn't grow to 12 meters cos the biggest allosaurus found is only 9.7m
Offside Peruvian

Palo Alto, CA

#52 Jul 6, 2011
What are you smoking, and can I have some?
wazza

Bradford, UK

#53 Jul 6, 2011
also their is no such thing as allosaurus maximus cos saurophaganax isn't a species of allosaurus

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#54 Nov 6, 2012
Mapusaurus wins, because A. maximus is just like God: NONEXISTENT!

“'QUANDARY'”

Since: Oct 12

Cheshire UK

#55 Nov 6, 2012
Pinky And Ze Brain wrote:
Mapusaurus wins, because A. maximus is just like God: NONEXISTENT!
You mean like you..... Of no Consequence?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#56 Nov 6, 2012
Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like you..... Of no Consequence?
EXACLY!
Toxic NightShade

Saint Paul, MN

#57 Feb 11, 2013
Saurophaganax was the same size and ate sauropod's
Mapusaurus was the same size it ate sauropod's as well too
They are both fast runner's
Both Intelligent
Deadly
Both are large successful predator's
I say they are even nobody wins i am clear on that.
lol_christianity

San Francisco, CA

#58 Feb 11, 2013
Saurophaganax, or "Allosaurus Maximus" was only 10-11M and Mapusaurus was about 12M I think...
DinoRex

United States

#59 Feb 11, 2013
Mapusaurus is bigger so it wins
Lakshay

Delhi, India

#60 Apr 3, 2013
allosaurus is faster but mapusaurus was bigger and have sharp claws than allosaurus

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#61 Apr 3, 2013
Don't bother continuing to post on this forum, you may be the only one still commenting.

I'm the only one left and ready to leave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moose vs Dilophosaurus 9 hr Kiryu2013 1
Megalodon vs Cthulhu Thu Kiryu2012 1
Cthulhu vs Megalodon Thu Kiryu2013 1
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) Thu Coelophysis 446
Let's Talk About: The Dino King (A.K.A Speckles... (Apr '15) Thu Gaming honey badger 2
The Brawl Show 1: Sinotyrannus vs Lion Thu Planet Dinosaur 1
Megalograptus vs Velociraptor Thu Planet Dinosaur 1
More from around the web