Tyrannosaurus vs Giganotosaurus vs Sp...
mattking

Brandon, Canada

#569 Dec 4, 2010
ninjasaurus rex wrote:
i think we have a minor case of fanboyism by spino claw here.
Not minor, major acid in my brain crazy fanboyism!
Brachiotitan

Calgary, Canada

#570 Dec 4, 2010
Ronald mcdonald wrote:
Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Are you Ninjasaurus Rex anomonyous?
I don't think so.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#571 Dec 4, 2010
Ronald mcdonald wrote:
Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Are you Ninjasaurus Rex anomonyous?
No, we live in different places and we did diagree with each other before. Also, I am not really interested in ninjas. The reason for the *major was because I tried to correct ninjasaurus because spino claw's fanboyism was major, not minor. I guess I wasn't thinking straight.
Brachiotitan

Calgary, Canada

#572 Dec 4, 2010
Spinosasurus claw, you should just not put your retarded, bias comments on this forum.
DinoFan

Caledonia, IL

#573 Dec 4, 2010
T. rex would definitely win because its skull was far more robust than that of Spino or Gigantosaurus. And why does everybody say that Giga was bigger than T. rex? They were different in, perhaps, inches and pounds. I bet T. rex, one-on-one could easily beat a Giganotosaurus any day. Spinosaurus had a very weak sail structure and bite-force (don't base the bite of Spinosaurus on a crocodile, a more correct comparison is the modern gharial or gavial) and was built for killing light animals. A T. rex could easily break a Spino's back and its jaws. Just like a sauropod it had a longer neck (than most theropods) so Tyrannosaurus could easily bite and break the windpipe of Spino.
Spinosaurus claw

Sarasota, FL

#574 Dec 4, 2010
DinoFan, on the last sentence you said "Just like a sauropod it had a longer neck (than most theropods) so Tyrannosaurus could easily bite and break the windpipe of Spino". So could Spino. lets see if you survive when i stab a 10" spike into your windpipe. Lets see if you survive.
Spinosaurus claw

Sarasota, FL

#575 Dec 4, 2010
And all you nooby t-rex fanboys who only care about bite forces... get this into your microscopic brains: BITE FORCE DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU CAN'T GET THE BITE!!!
Spinosaurus claw

Sarasota, FL

#576 Dec 4, 2010
oops
Spinosaurus claw

Sarasota, FL

#577 Dec 4, 2010
And how do i know if you're a more reliable source than monsters resurrected?Just because i am a little kid doesn't mean i don't know anything

“1896 - 3000”

Since: Apr 09

Frankfurt am Main, Germany

#578 Dec 5, 2010
Spinosaurus claw wrote:
BITE FORCE DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU CAN'T GET THE BITE!!!
True, as a matter of fact, if you've proven that Spino can take the bite first.
Spinosaurus claw wrote:
And all you nooby t-rex fanboys who only care about bite forces...
No, we don't care only about bite forces. And don't you call us "nooby"; that's a bit impolite. We've been trying to argue in a proper way, and all you can do is shout crazily at how Spinosaurus can kick ass, which I don't quite agree with.

Oh, and I don't think we're fanboys. We're stating why we think T-Rex wins, and you don't call that fanboyism; I myself think you yourself, Spino claw, are a fanboy, because of your multi-exclamation mark sentences and cursing you use against us, which is rather unsuited for such a forum.
DinoFan wrote:
Spinosaurus had a very weak sail structure
I really can't understand why so many of you seem to think that Spinosaurus having fragile sail bones make the whole animal extremely vulnerable. No. Hell, I don't think an opposing dinosaur would aim for Spino's sail; it would aim for a more frontal part (neck, head, etc.). Why would, say, T-Rex have to tiptoe just to get a bite on Spino's sail?
DinoFan wrote:
and bite-force (don't base the bite of Spinosaurus on a crocodile, a more correct comparison is the modern gharial or gavial) and was built for killing light animals.
No, it wasn't just built for killing light animals. Spinosaurus' favorite dino prey were Ouranosaurs. Not that it could rival T-Rex's or Giga's bite forces, but Spinosaurus could also tear apart dinosaurs that lived within its own environment.
Spinosaur King

London, UK

#579 Dec 5, 2010
In actuallity, Spinosaurus's sail was completely out of reach of any other theoropod dinosaur,, with the exeption of therizinosaurus etc.
The other theropods would likely retreat at the sight of such a massive animal anyway.
My depiction:

Spinosaurs is fishing in a river.
A Giganotosaurus and a T Rex approach.
The Spinosaurus bellows a warning, and the T Rex and Giganotosaurus roar back.
The Spine lizard snarls and walks out of the water.
Giganotosaurus and T Rex are dwarfed by the Spinosaurus, which flushes blood into its sail/hump.
The Giga and Rex lower their heads in submission and retreat.

THE END.

^^^For me, that is the most likely outcome, considering its 17 meters and 12 tonnes vs 12 or 13 meters and 6 tonnes.
If they did fight, these are my outcomes:

Giga vs Spino-Spinosaurus

Giga vs T Rex-T Rex

T Rex vs Spino-Draw but slight edge to Spinosaurus due to its massive size advantage.

“1896 - 3000”

Since: Apr 09

Frankfurt am Main, Germany

#580 Dec 5, 2010
Massive size advantage? Have you ever seen lions take down elephnats? Hyenas taking down lions? Dogs taking down humans?

Predators don't retreat just because something's bigger than them, if they were longing for the meal they'd get once they took down their prey.

“BOOMER WILL LIVE”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#581 Dec 5, 2010
Have you ever seen lions take down elephnats?
The Suvati pride consists of 30 Lions who take on young to sub adult elephants (generally female) at night when the elephants vision is severely hindered.
That is roughly the equivilant of a hypothetical pack of 30 Utahraptors taking down an adult Tyrannosaurus.
Hyenas taking down lions?
In large groups?
Dogs taking down humans?
Because humans are an all powerful fightter who's average specimen is the class fighter of its weight group. Or not.
Predators don't retreat just because something's bigger than them
Size is an EXTREMELY effective weapon and is often underrated. Why do you think it takes a pride of 30 Lions, who's combined weight would be around or in excess of 6t, to take down effectively blind young female elephants?

But yeah, Spinosaurus' ridge was way out of reach. The base of the spines was on par with the hip heaight, or around 4.5m. Compare that to Tyrannosaurus who had a hip height in the region of 3.2m. Hmm. Good luck reaching the spines Tyranno.

Location hidden

#582 Dec 5, 2010
Spinosaurus claw wrote:
DinoFan, on the last sentence you said "Just like a sauropod it had a longer neck (than most theropods) so Tyrannosaurus could easily bite and break the windpipe of Spino". So could Spino. lets see if you survive when i stab a 10" spike into your windpipe. Lets see if you survive.
Spino's teeth were not 10 inches, they were 6.
DinoFan

Caledonia, IL

#583 Dec 5, 2010
Ernst Udet wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't just built for killing light animals. Spinosaurus' favorite dino prey were Ouranosaurs. Not that it could rival T-Rex's or Giga's bite forces, but Spinosaurus could also tear apart dinosaurs that lived within its own environment.
Spinosaurus didn't attack dinosaurs that much at all, it was a piscivore that spent all of its time fishing. Could it of eaten a dinosaur: occasionally, yes but if a Spino was fishing and an ouranosaur was moving behind it; it wouldn't care, it would just keep on fishing.

Location hidden

#584 Dec 5, 2010
Spinosaurus claw wrote:
And all you nooby t-rex fanboys who only care about bite forces... get this into your microscopic brains: BITE FORCE DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU CAN'T GET THE BITE!!!
How could rex not get the bite?! You haven't explained that yet, have you?

Location hidden

#585 Dec 5, 2010
Spinosaurus claw wrote:
And how do i know if you're a more reliable source than monsters resurrected?Just because i am a little kid doesn't mean i don't know anything
Because our friend wikipedia likes to help us.

Location hidden

#586 Dec 5, 2010
Spinodontosaurus wrote:
Size is an EXTREMELY effective weapon and is often underrated. Why do you think it takes a pride of 30 Lions, who's combined weight would be around or in excess of 6t, to take down effectively blind young female elephants?
Then why is it that you think 1 utahraptor has a fair chance of taking down a bull?
Spinosaur King

London, UK

#587 Dec 5, 2010
anomonyous wrote:
<quoted text>Spino's teeth were not 10 inches, they were 6.
Spinosauru's teeth range in size from 6-10 inches, possibly longer.
So he is correct on that.
Spinosaur King

London, UK

#588 Dec 5, 2010
anomonyous wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is it that you think 1 utahraptor has a fair chance of taking down a bull?
Because they are roughly the same size!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liopleurodon vs Tylosaurus (Nov '08) 2 hr Mudkip 50
W.C Chronicles Matches Sun Kiryu2012 5
T-Rex vs Alduin Sun Kiryu2012 1
T-Rex vs Paarthurnax Sun Kiryu2012 1
Your Matches Sat Kiryu2012 25
Ponies Battle: Marble Pie vs Fluttershy May 27 Kiryu2012 1
Marble Pie vs Fluttershy May 27 Kiryu2012 1
More from around the web