Suchomimus vs T-rex
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spino guy

Cape Town, South Africa

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Who would win!

“'QUANDARY'”

Since: Oct 12

Cheshire UK

#2 Dec 27, 2012
A poorer version of Spino, it had no chance.
Spino guy

Cape Town, South Africa

#3 Dec 27, 2012
Believe so, T-rex would win with no problem
Doctor Facepalm

Lake Forest, CA

#4 Dec 30, 2012
First of all, there is no such thing as a "T-rex" That would be like saying S-aegyptiacus or G-carolinii. A misinterpretation of "T. rex", which is the correct spelling.

And if T. rex was more than a match for Spinosaurus, what chance would Suchomimus have?
Person 1

United States

#5 Dec 30, 2012
Suchomimus hs no chance of sevival.

“FAECVS TAVRI”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 30, 2012
Okay. Whatever you guys think. But let us not forget the huge claws..
Not saying that Suchomimus would pwn Tyrannosaurus, but..
Doctor Facepalm

Lake Forest, CA

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Those claws are inevitably useless against an enemy taller than itself, such as T. rex, making Suchomimus almost entirely defenceless against the T. rex, with only its weak jaws as a potential weapon, and that certainly won't stop a Tyrannosaurus.

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 30, 2012
Doctor Facepalm wrote:
First of all, there is no such thing as a "T-rex" That would be like saying S-aegyptiacus or G-carolinii. A misinterpretation of "T. rex", which is the correct spelling.
And if T. rex was more than a match for Spinosaurus, what chance would Suchomimus have?
I've been telling him (and a few others) to write it as T.rex not T-rex for a week or so now but to no avail, i don't think he is going to listen...
anonymous

Harker Heights, TX

#9 Jan 2, 2013
i have to intervene yet again, suchomimus would destroy tyrannosaurus. yes suchomimus was 3 meters smaller than tyrannosaurus but the area it lived in was swamp. suchomimus waited for prey and when they passed it attacked crocidilian style. at least there is fossil evidence supporting this. a hunter is no match for an ambush predator. besides, all members of tyrannosauradae were dreadfully imbalanced, suchomimus would just have to hit tyrannosaurus with a moderate lunge and the sucho would be tearing its throat out as it tried to get up.

all gondwanan predators would destroy the laurasian ones.
Edaphosaurus

Belvedere, UK

#10 Jan 2, 2013
The Suchomimus skeleton we have is 11 metres but is a sub-adult. It is estimated that a full adult was 12 metres, the same as an average T.rex.

@Anonymous - Which fossil evidence? Please give me a link. And btw, ignore the cut-throat comments which might be aimed at you

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#11 Jan 2, 2013
anonymous wrote:
i have to intervene yet again, suchomimus would destroy tyrannosaurus. yes suchomimus was 3 meters smaller than tyrannosaurus but the area it lived in was swamp. suchomimus waited for prey and when they passed it attacked crocidilian style. at least there is fossil evidence supporting this. a hunter is no match for an ambush predator. besides, all members of tyrannosauradae were dreadfully imbalanced, suchomimus would just have to hit tyrannosaurus with a moderate lunge and the sucho would be tearing its throat out as it tried to get up.
all gondwanan predators would destroy the laurasian ones.
Okay I'm not a T-rex fanboy but Suchomimus is a just a poorer version of spiny, T-rexwinsno doubt
anonymous

Harker Heights, TX

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Edaphosaurus wrote:
The Suchomimus skeleton we have is 11 metres but is a sub-adult. It is estimated that a full adult was 12 metres, the same as an average T.rex.
@Anonymous - Which fossil evidence? Please give me a link. And btw, ignore the cut-throat comments which might be aimed at you
there are no internet links but i have several books that point out that the long jaws represent either a crocodile life style ambushing dinos on the shore or a life of feasting on fish. but an organism of that size would need more sustenance than fish has to offer. it would have been a opportunistic feeder like most of the other spinosaurs. i have a college level book that has a chapter on their most likely behaviors. it said that there was fossil evidence but it did not say what evidence. i have no other proof.

“FAECVS TAVRI”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I'm not a T-rex fanboy but Suchomimus is a just a poorer version of spiny, T-rexwinsno doubt
Actually, no it isn't. It has large, useful claws like Spinosaurus (and knows how to use them), has good jaws like Spinosaurus, and Suchomimus was about 33 feet. However, paleontologists debate whether this is the full adult size. If not, this dinosaur could have grown to 50 feet. It might be a bit poorer than Spinosaurus, but by little if so. Suchomimus would at least remain a pretty good amount of time in this fight IMO.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#14 Jan 4, 2013
JMD577 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no it isn't. It has large, useful claws like Spinosaurus (and knows how to use them), has good jaws like Spinosaurus, and Suchomimus was about 33 feet. However, paleontologists debate whether this is the full adult size. If not, this dinosaur could have grown to 50 feet. It might be a bit poorer than Spinosaurus, but by little if so. Suchomimus would at least remain a pretty good amount of time in this fight IMO.
junior, a theropod's arms are slung below its body, therefore they wouldn't have much of a purpose in a fight. T. rex wins almost every time.

“"I am error"”

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco

#15 Jan 4, 2013
JMD577 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no it isn't. It has large, useful claws like Spinosaurus (and knows how to use them), has good jaws like Spinosaurus, and Suchomimus was about 33 feet. However, paleontologists debate whether this is the full adult size. If not, this dinosaur could have grown to 50 feet. It might be a bit poorer than Spinosaurus, but by little if so. Suchomimus would at least remain a pretty good amount of time in this fight IMO.
See, this is why you are NOT considered a contributor. Firstly, you come out with that sanctimonious bullshit about how everyone is offtopic and you're the best, et cetera. Then you come up with this absurd stuff. Link for the 50ft Suchomimus pl0x.

“FAECVS TAVRI”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#16 Jan 4, 2013
Does my username read "junior"? Maybe it does in California. But my username is JMD577 in Minnesota, thank you, so please call me JMD577.

About the argument..
Even if the arms might be slung below the body (and actually, its forearm is forward, so it's still useful), that still gives an advantage because the arms could slash Tyrannosaurus' belly if the Tyrannosaurus couldn't see the arms right away, which I think would be the case since this fight would probably be face-to-face.
Anyhow, it appears that Suchomimus is underrated. I don't overrate it either, I am not a fanboy of it. I like it about as much as most other dinosaurs.

“"I am error"”

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco

#17 Jan 4, 2013
JMD577 wrote:
Does my username read "junior"? Maybe it does in California. But my username is JMD577 in Minnesota, thank you, so please call me JMD577.
About the argument..
Even if the arms might be slung below the body (and actually, its forearm is forward, so it's still useful), that still gives an advantage because the arms could slash Tyrannosaurus' belly if the Tyrannosaurus couldn't see the arms right away, which I think would be the case since this fight would probably be face-to-face.
Anyhow, it appears that Suchomimus is underrated. I don't overrate it either, I am not a fanboy of it. I like it about as much as most other dinosaurs.
Not underrated at all. It's simply a weaker version of Spinosaurus, like it or not.

To the guy who's saying Suchomimus would annihilate Tyrannosaurus- what are you smoking?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#18 Jan 4, 2013
JMD577 wrote:
Does my username read "junior"? Maybe it does in California. But my username is JMD577 in Minnesota, thank you, so please call me JMD577.
About the argument..
Even if the arms might be slung below the body (and actually, its forearm is forward, so it's still useful), that still gives an advantage because the arms could slash Tyrannosaurus' belly if the Tyrannosaurus couldn't see the arms right away, which I think would be the case since this fight would probably be face-to-face.
Anyhow, it appears that Suchomimus is underrated. I don't overrate it either, I am not a fanboy of it. I like it about as much as most other dinosaurs.
T. rex is more intelligent, heavier, has a stronger bite force. It wins.
Rexby

Honolulu, HI

#19 Jan 5, 2013
T Rex wins easily all the time,with 0 pain.

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 6, 2013
Rexby wrote:
T Rex wins easily all the time,with 0 pain.
Thanks for that Captain "holy f***in sh!t that was" Obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) 9 hr Tyranna2 306
Tiger population on the rise at last ! 11 hr Tyranna2 29
The WORST wild kratts episodes ever made Thu 1def-ghd 14
Mapusaurus vs Torvosaurus (May '12) Sep 26 baltic pliosaur 29
Robert Bakker vs Jack Horner (Aug '13) Sep 24 1def-ghd 17
Predator X vs. Megalodon (Mar '09) Sep 24 Just me 860
Megalodon vs Sarcosuchus (May '14) Sep 23 Vvrpangan 12
More from around the web