Religion is a Myth
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#42 Nov 19, 2012
Coprolite1 wrote:
Religion began by the miss-understanding of a small boy in Bethlehem.
He ran around annoying everyone and people used to say,"who's is that little brat"?
"Oh! Is Mary's."
"Hasn't that Joseph been away for twelve months"?
"Yeah... God knows who the father is".
I wonder how Bethlehem became so famous. Isn't it just a small, unnoticeable town like Lake Forest?
Troodon8888

Columbus, KS

#43 Nov 20, 2012
Pinky Minus The Brain wrote:
Face it, he doesn't exist.
You really haven't done anything that proves his nonexsistance. The most that you've done so far is explain why you think religion is a waste of time. Your arguements are pretty weak...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#44 Nov 20, 2012
Troodon8888 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really haven't done anything that proves his nonexsistance. The most that you've done so far is explain why you think religion is a waste of time. Your arguements are pretty weak...
Well, I hope the reason why religion's a waste of type is helpful!
Troodon8888

Batesville, AR

#45 Nov 20, 2012
BR, are you actually going to present me with an arguement, or ae you just going to keep dodging around my replies?
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#46 Nov 20, 2012
Troodon8888 wrote:
BR, are you actually going to present me with an arguement, or ae you just going to keep dodging around my replies?
BR left a long time ago. PAZB is an upgraded version of BR.
Hovertating Blobmeister

San Francisco, CA

#47 Nov 20, 2012
OK Troodon8888, I acknowledge that PMTB has not exactly been putting forward any arguments. However, can you put forward any valid arguments(IE not "Because the bible says so and the bible is the word of god)? Also, can you refute anything on talkorigins.com ?
Hovertating Blobmeister

San Francisco, CA

#48 Nov 20, 2012
Troodon8888

Saint Joseph, MO

#50 Nov 26, 2012
Sorry, been gone for a while. Now please link me to a thread that you feel is more "flattering" of your ideals of evolution.(which btw I believe in evolution too)
John Smith IX

Bournemouth, UK

#51 Nov 26, 2012
To clarify, Religion is not a myth in itself. As far as i'm concerned the focus of religions - the dieties themselves - are nothing more than a myth. But the belief in said dieties is not a myth, just as belief in Nessie is not a myth.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#52 Nov 26, 2012
John Smith IX wrote:
To clarify, Religion is not a myth in itself. As far as i'm concerned the focus of religions - the dieties themselves - are nothing more than a myth. But the belief in said dieties is not a myth, just as belief in Nessie is not a myth.
That's what I meant. All the teachings of religion are lies.
John Smith X

Fremont, CA

#53 Nov 30, 2012
That's not what you meant, that's what you just parroted after seeing me post it.
True story.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#54 Nov 30, 2012
John Smith X wrote:
That's not what you meant, that's what you just parroted after seeing me post it.
True story.
Pfft...

At least I added my own information instead of brainlessly copy-pasting yours.
Crazy Fish

Bournemouth, UK

#55 Dec 2, 2012
You mean like all those threads I made that you remade? Yeah, pretty much.

inb4mad
Anonymous Proxy

Fremont, CA

#56 Dec 7, 2012
Also Pinky, change your headline. If any half-intelligent thiest debated you like you are asking for, all you would do is make athiests look like mindless t!ts
Diloto

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#57 Dec 9, 2012
Troodon8888 wrote:
<quoted text>
He saw meaning in religion. He saw saw the God is more than just the ancient's excuse for something they could undetstand. Just because you don't see meaning in religion desn't mean that others due. At the very least you should respect others opinion. There is no science that proves or dissproves God's exsistance, despite what you say.
First of all I completely respect your opinion but the way I see is, the image of God was created because ancient men cannot understand the world, the universe so they theorize that a powerful being must've created the universe, God is needed to explain things they don't understand. However now science can explain these things, evolution explains why we're here, the big bang explains why the universe is here and so on to the point that a superior being is no longer needed. I understand absence of proof is not proof of absence but I do not see why we believe something exists when it's not needed. That's like saying in the early universe a form of matter existed it was converted to energy and can never be recreated again, well why would we even believe in such a thing when it's not needed to create the universe. Once again I respect all religions this is simply my opinion and I have to say that I may not have completely understand the situation, forgive me if I said something wrong.
Troodon8888

United States

#58 Dec 10, 2012
No, no, its fine. I don't care if people don't believe. But its morally wrong to insult those how do or do not believe.
Troodon8888

United States

#59 Dec 10, 2012
*who

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#60 Dec 10, 2012
JMD577 wrote:
for atheists: It's like finding the Sun on a cloudy day. When they try to find the sun, the clouds of doubt hide the contrary evidence.
There you have it. That's my quote for finding God.
No, it's like being under night for 40 years and never being able to visit the other side (say it's impossible). Nobody has ever located, seen, or found any evidence for stars. Some people say there is this great big orange hot thing on the other side called the sun - but as there is nothing to suggest that it exists, there is also no reason to believe in it. Now, should somebody ever manage to come up with supposed evidence for this sun, we can investigate their claims, and if we find proof then that's proof-but until then, we stick to what we have.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#61 Dec 10, 2012
Troodon8888 wrote:
Also, your "why does God allow war" arguement seems to leave out the fact that God granted us free will. He allows us to make our own choices in faith and in the world, allowing us to develop ourselves as good or as bad people.
This free will thing leaves a lot of loopholes.
*If you have free will, would it not be possible to use that to take away others' free will? And what of it then.
*The god of the Bible actually breaks the rule of free will(killing people, revealing himself, etc.).
*God would already know everything that is ever going to happen, since he is omniscient. Do we actually have free will in this sense, or is it predetermined fate? If god knows you will go to hell, then it is impossible to change that. He knows what will happen, and that will be what happens.
*Being omnipotent, couldn't god create a world with both free will and without violence?
Troodon8888

United States

#62 Dec 12, 2012
You can force people into submission, but they still have free will. If you point a gun at someone and tell them to give you their money, they have a choice to give it to you. They could choose to try and fight back, but that would be unwise.

As far as the predtermined fate arguement. I personally dont believe in a predetermined fate. Nor do Catholics, Lutherns, and many of the Christian faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
utahraptor vs gigantoraptor 2 hr love dinosaurs ma... 1
t rex vs. semi-truck!(+driver) 7 hr Raptor Red 1
Giganotosaurus vs V-rex (May '09) 7 hr Raptor Red 50
Indominus Rex vs Ultimasaurus 23 hr Wolf quester XD 3
The WORST wild kratts episodes ever made Tue DINOsaur 10
Giganotosaurus vs. Mapusaurus (Apr '12) Tue DINOsaur 28
Can T-Rex hunt sauropod(if they met) (Mar '11) Mon Boo I 34
More from around the web