Religion is a Myth
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Atheism > Theism

Science/Fact > Religion/Myth

Religion is outdated. That was for back in the old days when we didn't have an explanation & made up stuff like "God caused this" and "God caused that". Now we have a scientific explanation for almost everything. The Bible's nothing more than a made up story book. It should only be read for plain humour.

Religion is exactly what causes all those holy wars and homicides. I personally think that they should ban religion worldwide. I hate the fact that in some shcools they teach creation in place of evolution. That's just really dishonourable. They should just cut it out & do us all a favour. School is a place where you're supposed to learn relevant subjects, for example language arts, algebra, and geometry, not about randomly imagined myths. However, the guy who wrote the Bible deserves an A+ in creative writing. That is one vivid imagination you've got there John!

Let me give you an example of the idiocy of Christianity. The Bible tells that birds were created before reptiles, when it has been scientifically proven that birds(which are a type of dinosaur) evolved from reptiles, & that reptiles existed before birds.

Let's give another example. God wants peace and harmony, right? That brings up the question commonly posed by atheists: Where was God during the Holocaust? If what the Bible says is true(which it isn't), then why didn't God stop the Holocaust and prevent WWII? Such hypocrisy.

You can easily take advantage of someone's religion, the Yom Kippur War of 1973 is a perfect example. The Jew Israelis were so distracted with their religious crap that it cost them almost 3,000 soldiers.

Another thing's that believing in God is nothing but a waste of time. Let's just say you live an average lifespan, which is approximately eighty years. If you pray each day once in the morning, once in the evening, go to church each Sunday, and go to church once in a while on save for the special events like Christmas, the death of a relative, and the like, then you'd waste about a year of your life. Think of all the things you could do if you had that extra year. Now if you're a Muslim, and pray five times a day, you'd waste three more months of your life. Why waste time by talking to yourself through prayer and waste gasoline on driving to church?

One of my favourite things to do is to literally annihilate creationists in these kind of religious arguments. It's really humourous when the creationist always stammers and then realizes he's got no more arguments to back up his claim. That's the good part.

The mere fact that several billion people believe in religious crap makes me want to grow extra arms, so that I could do a quadruple facepalm.

Just so you know, birds are dinosaurs. It's been proven through science, not religion.
Troodon8888

Delia, KS

#2 Nov 14, 2012
You must be under the impression that all Christians, or really all people of faith, are literalist(Which means they take the bible as word for word fact.).

In reality, most Christians are not literalist, but what are refered to as "contextualist". They don't believe that evey story(especially in the Old Testement) are true. They believe in searching for the meaning behind the scriptures.

Also, your "why does God allow war" arguement seems to leave out the fact that God granted us free will. He allows us to make our own choices in faith and in the world, allowing us to develop ourselves as good or as bad people.
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Of course, God din't really have a choice because he was stuck at the bottom of an ocean of sulphuric acid with Jesus' head cemented up his A-hole.

http://archosauria.wikia.com/wiki/Crazy_Fish
Troodon8888

Delia, KS

#4 Nov 14, 2012
I don't seem much validity behind that link...
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#5 Nov 14, 2012
It's a fact.

Now don't try to argue because the almighty Piscis insanis himself supports me!
Troodon8888

Sedalia, MO

#6 Nov 15, 2012
Which means what to me? I a defending my beliefs from your mostly ignorant and derogatory remarks.
Hovertating Blobmeister

San Francisco, CA

#7 Nov 15, 2012
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#8 Nov 15, 2012
Troodon8888 wrote:
Which means what to me? I a defending my beliefs from your mostly ignorant and derogatory remarks.
You want to spend the next millenium in an ocean of sulphuric acid?
Troodon8888

Sedalia, MO

#9 Nov 15, 2012
Please, elaborate. I doubt you will have anything to do with it.
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Troodon8888 wrote:
Please, elaborate. I doubt you will have anything to do with it.
I won't. Crazy Fish'll do it!
Troodon8888

United States

#11 Nov 16, 2012
I am not scared that Crazy Fish will do anything either. Besides, himand I don' have any problems.
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#12 Nov 17, 2012
He has problems with all theists, especially Nitrox.
bobobobobobo

Springfield, MA

#13 Nov 17, 2012
Pinky Minus The Brain wrote:
Atheism > Theism
Science/Fact > Religion/Myth
Religion is outdated. That was for back in the old days when we didn't have an explanation & made up stuff like "God caused this" and "God caused that". Now we have a scientific explanation for almost everything. The Bible's nothing more than a made up story book. It should only be read for plain humour.
Religion is exactly what causes all those holy wars and homicides. I personally think that they should ban religion worldwide. I hate the fact that in some shcools they teach creation in place of evolution. That's just really dishonourable. They should just cut it out & do us all a favour. School is a place where you're supposed to learn relevant subjects, for example language arts, algebra, and geometry, not about randomly imagined myths. However, the guy who wrote the Bible deserves an A+ in creative writing. That is one vivid imagination you've got there John!
Let me give you an example of the idiocy of Christianity. The Bible tells that birds were created before reptiles, when it has been scientifically proven that birds(which are a type of dinosaur) evolved from reptiles, & that reptiles existed before birds.
Let's give another example. God wants peace and harmony, right? That brings up the question commonly posed by atheists: Where was God during the Holocaust? If what the Bible says is true(which it isn't), then why didn't God stop the Holocaust and prevent WWII? Such hypocrisy.
You can easily take advantage of someone's religion, the Yom Kippur War of 1973 is a perfect example. The Jew Israelis were so distracted with their religious crap that it cost them almost 3,000 soldiers.
Another thing's that believing in God is nothing but a waste of time. Let's just say you live an average lifespan, which is approximately eighty years. If you pray each day once in the morning, once in the evening, go to church each Sunday, and go to church once in a while on save for the special events like Christmas, the death of a relative, and the like, then you'd waste about a year of your life. Think of all the things you could do if you had that extra year. Now if you're a Muslim, and pray five times a day, you'd waste three more months of your life. Why waste time by talking to yourself through prayer and waste gasoline on driving to church?
One of my favourite things to do is to literally annihilate creationists in these kind of religious arguments. It's really humourous when the creationist always stammers and then realizes he's got no more arguments to back up his claim. That's the good part.
The mere fact that several billion people believe in religious crap makes me want to grow extra arms, so that I could do a quadruple facepalm.
Just so you know, birds are dinosaurs. It's been proven through science, not religion.
all in all believe in what you want to believe in but at leaast it hopefully keeps things balanced, for the fact the world can come to an end just like that, the moon moves away from the earth bit by bit soon there will be no more moon, the sun will not be around forever, you can argue all day long but it all come down to who cares what you believe in, everyone doesnt have to follow, just dont want to here it. and if you want to get tech. there has been something out there before you began, ect ect ect it all started somewere and science cant prove what it is and how it happened, right down to the big bang theroy, and how did that happen, ect ect ect ect
bobobobobobo

Springfield, MA

#14 Nov 17, 2012
But you have to be glad in some religions for the fact they give to people, help them when in need, they house people, feed them ect ect ect, and if it wasnt for alot of religions you would be more screwed then we are now

“'QUANDARY'”

Since: Oct 12

Cheshire UK

#16 Nov 17, 2012
bobobobobobo wrote:
But you have to be glad in some religions for the fact they give to people, help them when in need, they house people, feed them ect ect ect, and if it wasnt for alot of religions you would be more screwed then we are now
BOLLOX!
Mankind is screwed BECAUSE of religion!!!
If it wasn't for all that mystical crap, we would have the stars by now!
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#17 Nov 17, 2012
Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
BOLLOX!
Mankind is screwed BECAUSE of religion!!!
If it wasn't for all that mystical crap, we would have the stars by now!
Religion caused millions of deaths due to holy wars.

While the theists think that they know everything because God helps them, they go and fight just coz of some stupid dream they once had. And they get manipulated by those story books the call Bibles & Torahs.

Meanwhile, atheists believe in science instead of religion. If we had less subhuman theists, we'd have more atheists to focus on science, and therefore would develop advanced technology far quicker, meaning we'd probably have the stars by now.
Troodon8888

United States

#18 Nov 18, 2012
Theist believe in science too. Albert Enstien was a theist even. Most scientific discoveries have been made by theist.
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#19 Nov 18, 2012
Troodon8888, let me post this again:

Another thing's that believing in God is nothing but a waste of time. Let's just say you live an average lifespan, which is approximately eighty years. If you pray each day once in the morning, once in the evening, go to church each Sunday, and go to church once in a while on save for the special events like Christmas, the death of a relative, and the like, then you'd waste about a year of your life. Think of all the things you could do if you had that extra year. Now if you're a Muslim, and pray five times a day, you'd waste three more months of your life. Why waste time by talking to yourself through prayer and waste gasoline on driving to church?

If he was atheist, he'd have more time to make more accomplishments.
T Rex fanboy

Spring Grove, IL

#20 Nov 18, 2012
Even if I hate Stinky I agree with him
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#21 Nov 18, 2012
T Rex fanboy wrote:
Even if I hate Stinky I agree with him
Hating someone doesn't mean never agreeing with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) 8 hr Dungeontrigger 407
Homosexuality in dinosaurs 8 hr Dungeontrigger 29
Gorilla vs King Kong 16 hr Franky 1
Velociraptor vs Orca 16 hr Franky 1
Moose vs Velociraptor Sat Franky 1
Acrocanthosaurus vs Nightmare Moon Sat Franky 1
Discord vs Mosasaurus Fri Franky 1
More from around the web