Allosaurus vs. Torvosaurus
THE ALPHABET

Palo Alto, CA

#21 Feb 21, 2011
1.Duuuuuuuude, that joke got recycled YEARS ago.

2.Allosaurus did not have a Bite force of 1.5 Tonnes. I think Torvosaurus would be closer to that.

3.Intelligence doesn't matter in these fights. AT ALL.

4. Allosaurus=~3 Tons MAX.

T.Rex=6 tons.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#23 Feb 21, 2011
Intelligence does matter a little bit. It, for example, can help the brain process information it receives in the fight.
mattking

Thompson, Canada

#24 Feb 21, 2011
THE ALPHABET wrote:
The only time intellegence matters if its of a significants, however if it is only slight then it wouldn't matter. Regardless, brains matter, how do you think wars are won, not with idiots thats for sure!
the ABC sucks

Brisbane, Australia

#25 Feb 21, 2011
THE ALPHABET wrote:
2.Allosaurus did not have a Bite force of 1.5 Tonnes. I think Torvosaurus would be closer to that.
T.Rex=6 tons.
Dude Allosaurus DID have a bite force of 1.5T. Allosauridas are generally very strong, very fast, rather intelligant (was going to say very, but they ain't got nothing on rapters) very big, and VERY agile. Torvosaurus was just slightly larger than Allosaurus, but that don't mean much. And no, as far as I know Torvosaurus has a bite force of no more than 800Kg (but it has been a while since I cheacked the streangth (jaw muscles) of carnivorous creaturs during the Jurassic, so I could be wrong.
Colossalsaurus

Tavares, FL

#26 Feb 22, 2011
Dude,stop being a fanboy and face it.I doubt Allosaurus could bite at 1.5 T. Torvosaurus's bite power was closer to that. And if your suggesting a stupid creature as Allosaurus has raptor intelligence,you are retardly mistaken.

Since: Nov 10

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#27 Feb 22, 2011
THE ALPHABET wrote:
T.Rex=6 tons.
one thing
t rex=7-7.5 tons

“BOOMER WILL LIVE”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#28 Feb 22, 2011
Dude Allosaurus DID have a bite force of 1.5T.
I would say closer to half a tonne...
Allosauridas are generally very strong
This is hard to tell from fossils... but given their gracile build i doubt it.
very fast
When compared to a sauropod, yeah. Compared to other theropods of simmilar weight, the OPPOSITE appears to be true in how long each leg bone is (longer tibia compared to femur essentially signifies speed).
rather intelligant
Carcharodontosaurids are more advanced than Allosaurus, and were probably a little sharper, or at least i would expect them to be. IIRC Tyrannosaurus had a brain case TWICE the volume of Carcharodontosaurus'; allosauroids were nothing special in intelligence terms.
one thing
t rex=7-7.5 tons
=6.3 to 6.8 tonnes, although i suspect he meant 6t as in 6000kg (which is 6 tonnes).
Dany

Huntsville, AL

#29 Feb 23, 2011
I thought the topic was Torvosaurus vs Allosaurus.
THE ALPHABET

Palo Alto, CA

#30 Feb 23, 2011
Also, "aint got nothin on rapters."

IDIOT ALERT! IDIOT ALERT! GET OUT ALL YOUR WEAPONS! THERE IS A FANBOY ON THE LOOSE!

Dromeasaurus were more brutish than intelligent actually, i imagine, as they had a HIGH bite force and there is no evidence except JP that they hunted in packs.
shoe

Adelaide, Australia

#31 Apr 18, 2011
1 allosaurus was not more agile in fact it was fairly un agile more adapted to hunting on plains and openground while megalasaurs in general were fairly flexible in comparison
2 allosaurus did not have a 1.5 ton bight allosaurus had an exceptionally weak bight when compared wit other large therapods
3 allosaurus were not particuarly fast they didnt need to be their prey was slow
although i love allosaurus im given this one to torvosaurus if u take the biggest specimans of each torvo stll has it
shoe

Adelaide, Australia

#32 Apr 19, 2011
bite** theropods**
Diloto

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#33 Apr 20, 2011
Altanative Al wrote:
<quoted text>Its bigga, heavia n has no limbs, while turtle is smalla, lighta n has 4 limbs :P!
What ever,but when he said bigger is slower,he means Allosaurus and Torvosaurus,those 2 got the same body design,un like the snail an d the cheetah,the Anaconda and the turtle or whatever...ect.can you really name 2 animal 1 big,the other a little smaller and the big one really win in a race.
Maxos Gojira

AOL

#34 Apr 27, 2011
the allosaurus will win because of its speed and size
Diloto

#35 Apr 28, 2011
Maxos Gojira wrote:
the allosaurus will win because of its speed and size
Not really,You're right about the speed but when you size up the two,Torvosaurus was slightly larger.
Maxos Gojira

AOL

#36 Apr 28, 2011
no im because of it's smaller size
Diloto

#37 Apr 28, 2011
Maxos Gojira wrote:
no im because of it's smaller size
Oh!Small size sometimes give you the advantage.
Maxos Gojira

AOL

#38 Apr 28, 2011
got it? okay.
Altanative Shunosaurus

Meda, Italy

#39 Apr 28, 2011
Diloto wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever,but when he said bigger is slower,he means Allosaurus and Torvosaurus,those 2 got the same body design,un like the snail an d the cheetah,the Anaconda and the turtle or whatever...ect.can you really name 2 animal 1 big,the other a little smaller and the big one really win in a race.
FELIS CATUS Linnaeus 1758
ACINONYX JUBATUS Schreber 1775
TorKlank

Winter Park, FL

#40 Sep 28, 2011
the ABC sucks wrote:
This one goes to the Allosaurus. no question. Allo was/is actually one of the worlds most deadly canivouris creaturs to ever live. It was smart, fast (insianly fast considering its size), increadably strong and it was very large, it wasn't that much smaller than a Tyranosaurus (granted the rex is hellova lot "fatter").
Allo had a bite force of 1.5 tones. Suficent to say, even a single bite to the neck would instantly crush Torvo's neck, and sever all the veins and arteries, and crush his/her wind pipe. A single bite to the skull = bumb f@#ked skull, hell even a single bite to the leg and poor old Torvo is done for.
Let's See the stats:
Torvo: Length:35-39 feet long
Height:15 feet
Weight:3-5 tons
Head size:4.5 feet long
Allo: Length:27-38 feet long
Height:14 feet
Weight:2-4.5 tons
Head size: 3.5 feet long
I'm sorry the ABC sucks (that sounded wierd XD), but it sounds like you don't know what you're saying. On average, Torvo was much more massive, with a more powerfull bite. And plus, Allo did not have the strength to crush Torvo's neck in one bite!! In fact, he would even have trouble getting to his neck. If Allo was going to win, he'd have to outwit the Torvo and jump on him,(because Allos are smarter and faster). But overall, Torvo has the edge.
/QUOTE]

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

#41 Sep 28, 2011
Spinodontosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say closer to half a tonne...
<quoted text>
This is hard to tell from fossils... but given their gracile build i doubt it.
<quoted text>
When compared to a sauropod, yeah. Compared to other theropods of simmilar weight, the OPPOSITE appears to be true in how long each leg bone is (longer tibia compared to femur essentially signifies speed).
<quoted text>
Carcharodontosaurids are more advanced than Allosaurus, and were probably a little sharper, or at least i would expect them to be. IIRC Tyrannosaurus had a brain case TWICE the volume of Carcharodontosaurus'; allosauroids were nothing special in intelligence terms.
<quoted text>
=6.3 to 6.8 tonnes, although i suspect he meant 6t as in 6000kg (which is 6 tonnes).
Allosaurus possibly has a bite around 0.8 tonne,
Speed:Dude,Allosaurus femur length=~ it's tibia length,and so is Torvosaurus
Yup,their intelligence is nothing special(possibly not as smart as the Torvosaurus)
Rex was around 6.5 tonnes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Do you swear fealty to Ohyeah Spinosaurus? 55 min Fartosaurus Rex 2
Spinosaurus vs trex (Feb '13) 8 hr Trex kills spino 111
tyrannosaurus vs spinosaurus 9 hr tarbosaurus rex 5
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) 17 hr tarbosaurus rex 233
Tyrannosaurus and Brontosaurus (Jul '06) Fri tarbosaurus rex 30
allosaurus vs spinosaurus (Apr '09) Fri tarbosaurus rex 205
Godzilla vs Megalodon (Sep '14) Fri tarbosaurus rex 6
More from around the web