Posted in the Dinosaur Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“Leader of Shadow Archos”

Since: Dec 07

Site Manager of Spirits

#1 Nov 3, 2008
How about this match-up? Realistic and uncommon, right? Sounds good. So, what do you all think?

“I don't exist:youve gone crazy”

Since: Aug 08

Australia

#2 Nov 3, 2008
Depends what species of allosaurus you're talking about. If you take the largest allosaurus fragillis (Epanterias), I'd say the allosuarus, just because of its size, and the fact that the allosaurus would have been more agile (just look at both body builds; the allosaurid has a slight advantage over the megalosaurid).
Tew

New Brunswick, NJ

#3 Nov 11, 2008
Allosaurus would win. It was the dominant predator of the time. Some say Torvosaurus was larger but many studies show they were really more or less the same size and wiet
Allosaurus

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#4 Oct 26, 2010
Allosaurus would win. It had a more extensive library & a much larger classical record collection. It was also much better connected politically than Torvosaurus.
anonimo

Jesi, Italy

#5 Dec 18, 2010
non lo so perche l'allo lungo 14 metri poteva a ttere il torvosauro ma era pił difficile se il primo era lungo solo 10-11m contro un torvo da 13.
saurophagonax

Calgary, Canada

#6 Dec 18, 2010
This battle of the titans is tricky. Allosaurus was 36 feet long, 12 feet tall and it's maximum wieght is 9,000 pounds. It's both faster and smarter than it's rival. With it's back legs for running up to 23 miles per hour and super long arms made to stab flesh, Allosaurus is a lethal opponent.

Torvosaurus, a 39 foot long, 15 foot tall, 11,000 pound monster, was larger and slighty stronger than Allosaurus. It had a much larger skull than it's opponent and it's claws were differenty shaped.

Well, by looking at the advantages, the odds are with Allosaurus, the king of the Jurassic.
DinoFan

Rockford, IL

#7 Dec 18, 2010
I'd imagine them both fighting and both dying of massive blood loss after the fight.
After all, they were practically the same size but Torvosaurus had an advantage because it had more of a robust skull than Allosaurus.
Allo had an advantage because of its gigantic foreclaws that were larger than that of Torvosaurus.
It was just like that fight between four different dinosaurs in Colorado that was mentioned on JFC.
saurophagonax

Calgary, Canada

#8 Jan 18, 2011
Considering the fact Allosaurus was smarter, faster, more agile, more succesful, and Allosaurus was the apex predator of the Jurassic, I think we have a winner, hmm?
EpicWeedle

Cockermouth, UK

#9 Jan 19, 2011
None ofthose are certain, other than Allosaurus being a more succesful SAUROPOD hunter than Torvosaurus.
Dany Dong

Decatur, AL

#10 Feb 11, 2011
I think the Torvosaurus would win because it was larger than the Allosaurus.Also the definition of Torvosaurus is savage lizard and Allosaurus means other lizard.It was also the top Jurassic predator.

“BOOMER WILL LIVE”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 12, 2011
Since when do NAMES given by PEOPLE define how good an animal is at fighting?
Also, given the fact that the largest Allosaurus specimens are larger than Torvosaurus, i would say both would be the 'top' predators at the time, neither would be hunted as adults by anything.
Colossalsaurus

Eustis, FL

#12 Feb 14, 2011
Torvosaurus wins...but not by much.Torvosaurus was a BRUTE in the Late Jurassic,but Allosaurus was the tiger in his territory.I really don't know who'd actually.
Dany Dong

Decatur, AL

#13 Feb 17, 2011
Larger also means heavier and slower.Torvosaurus also had a heavier skull and strong teeth.
Altanative Al

Milan, Italy

#14 Feb 17, 2011
Dany Dong wrote:
Larger also means heavier and slower.Torvosaurus also had a heavier skull and strong teeth.
Is a cheetah slowa dan a snail :P?
Colossalsaurus

Eustis, FL

#15 Feb 17, 2011
Depends.If it has no legs...you decide.
Altanative Al

Milan, Italy

#16 Feb 17, 2011
Colossalsaurus wrote:
Depends.If it has no legs...you decide.
Which is fasta? A turtle or an anaconda :)?
Colossalsaurus

Eustis, FL

#17 Feb 18, 2011
Anaconda.
Altanative Al

Cormano, Italy

#18 Feb 18, 2011
Colossalsaurus wrote:
Anaconda.
Its bigga, heavia n has no limbs, while turtle is smalla, lighta n has 4 limbs :P!
the ABC sucks

Brisbane, Australia

#19 Feb 21, 2011
This one goes to the Allosaurus. no question. Allo was/is actually one of the worlds most deadly canivouris creaturs to ever live. It was smart, fast (insianly fast considering its size), increadably strong and it was very large, it wasn't that much smaller than a Tyranosaurus (granted the rex is hellova lot "fatter").

Allo had a bite force of 1.5 tones. Suficent to say, even a single bite to the neck would instantly crush Torvo's neck, and sever all the veins and arteries, and crush his/her wind pipe. A single bite to the skull = bumb f@#ked skull, hell even a single bite to the leg and poor old Torvo is done for.
Colossalsaurus

Eustis, FL

#20 Feb 21, 2011
Jesus! Allosaurus may have all that, but Torvosaurus was a more like a bull than a tiger. Torvosaurus was stronge and had more brute force.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) 14 hr thunderfang 493
Carnotaurus vs. Allosaurus (Feb '09) Sun 87654321abc 380
who is smarter spinosaurus or t.rex? (Apr '12) Apr 21 Spino 49
Jurassic World - Megalodon vs Bear Apr 21 Kiryu2012 1
Prehistoric battles (Nov '10) Apr 21 Kiryu2012 62
Acrocanthosaurus vs Hedorah Apr 21 Kiryu2012 1
5 Staurikosaurus vs t-rex Apr 21 Kiryu2012 1