Spinosaurus vs Acrocanthosaurus
Alternative Baryonyx

Milan, Italy

#45 Jul 20, 2010
Id like more acrocanthosaurus fossils were discovered... id like dey discovered a juvenile acrocanthosaurus... only 3 specimens have been found (and all of dem r pretty large), plus a tooth...

I dont know why wiki still keeps sayin "is still debate over its evolutionary relationships, with some scientists classifying it as an allosaurid, and others as a carcharodontosaurid"
Heck, currie (2000) is da only 1 havin found it 2 be an allosaurid sista taxon of allosaurus, ALL SUBSEQUENT palaeontologists found it 2 be a carcharodontosaurid

Sereno (2008, eocarcharia description) found it 2 be a carcharodontosaurid sista taxon of eocarcharia belongin 2 a subclade of carcharodontosauridae we could call "eocarchariinae"

Brusatte (2008, allosauroidea phylogeny PLUS 2009, shaochilong description) found it TWICE 2 be a carcharodontosaurid sista taxon of eocarcharia in a subclade of carcharodontosauridae we could call "eocarchariinae"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcharodontosau...

Benson (2009, neovenatoridae creation) found it 2 be a carcharodontosaurid AGAIN, but not anymore da sista taxon of eocarcharia: more derived dan eocarcharia but less derived dan shaochilong
http://www.springerlink.com/content/l496325vp...

So means acrocanthosaurus is DEFINITIVELY a carcharodontosaurid. Why da hell wiki keeps sayin it could be an allosaurid?!
Alternative Baryonyx

Milan, Italy

#46 Jul 20, 2010
So dese r da formation where acro lived and da genera it colived wif

ANTLERS FORMATION
Acrocanthosaurus
Astrodon
Deinonychus
Sauroposeidon
Tenontosaurus

ARUNDEL FORMATION
"Allosaurus" medium (likely a synonym of Acrocanthosaurus)
Acrocanthosaurus
Astrodon
"Capitalsaurus" potens (indeterminate neotheropod)
Deinonychus
"Dryosaurus" grandis (non-tyrannoraptoran coelurosaur or most likely a chimaera)
"Dromaeosaurus" gracilis (eudromaeosaur, maybe deinonychus)
Pleurocoelus (Junior synonym of Astrodon?)
Priconodon
Sauroposeidon
Tenontosaurus

CEDAR MOUNTAIN FORMATION
Abydosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus
Animantarx
Astrodon
Cedarosaurus
Cedarpelta
Cedrorestes
Deinonychus
Eolambia
Falcarius
Gastonia
Nedcolbertia
Peloroplites
Planicoxa
Richardoestesia
Utahraptor
Venenosaurus
Zephyrosaurus
Alternative Baryonyx

Milan, Italy

#47 Jul 20, 2010
Sorry, i made a mistake. Deinonychus didnt live in da cedar mountain formation
Spinosaur King

Liverpool, UK

#48 Jul 21, 2010
This one is difficult.....

@Alternative Baryonyx,

Thats.....impressive XD
MStar

Houston, TX

#49 Jul 21, 2010
Spinosaur King wrote:
This one is difficult.....
@Alternative Baryonyx,
Thats.....impressive XD
Hahahaha I agree with the last part xD
Alternative Neovenator

Milan, Italy

#50 Jul 30, 2010
MStar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha I agree with the last part xD
Even Me too agrees XD
Anonymous

Marietta, GA

#51 Aug 13, 2010
Acrocanthosaurs is wandering, hungry. There has been a combination of a drought and a famine. A Spinosaurus,equally hungry, wanders through the forest, his smelling on high alert. Acrocanthosaurs sees the Spinosaurus a heart beat before Spinosaurus sees the Acrocanthosaurus.
Spinosaurus roars in hunger, lifting his body up, and spreading his arms to look bigger in size. Acrocanthosaurus warily walks forward, checking the Spinosaurus for any vulnerabilities. He roars in confidence, and raises his body to look bigger. They circle each other in no hurry, with a good distance between them. Then, when he sees a chance, the Spinosaurus lowers his head, chraging. The fight is on!
Acrocanthosaurus quickly side steps and bites Spinosaurus's neck, pulling Spinosaurus, and throwing him forward, making Spinosaurus fall chest first. Spinosaurus quickly gets up, spinnig around to face Acrocanthosaurus. They roar and charge forward.
Spinosaurus ducks his head at the last second, still facing Acrocanthosaurus, and bites ACrocanthosaurus's throat. Acrocanthosaurus slices at Spinosaurus's eye, blinding him. Spinosaurus quickly releases his grip on Acrocanthosaurus, rearing his head, roaring in pain. Acrocanthosaurus quickly lunges toward Spinosaurus's throat, but Spinosaurus has gained focus, and slashes at Acrocanthosaurus.
Spinosaurus hits Acrocanthosaurus's nose, making a deep gash across Acrocanthosaurus's muzzle. Acrocanthosaurus, furious, clamps down on Spinosaurus's right claw, tearing it off. Spinosaurus, quickly weakening, lunges for Acrocanthosaurus, clamping his jaws on Acrocanthosaurus's head, strengthening his grip, and Acrocanthosaurus's skull starts cracking.
Acrocanthosaurus tears off Spinosaurus, and, wasting no time, lunges for Spinosaurus. Grabbing his throat, Acrocanthosaurus spins, throwing Spinosaurus. Before Spinosaurus can attempt to get up, Acrocanthosaurus rushes to Spinosaurus, grabbing and tearing off half of Spinosaurus's spine. Spinosaurus, half blind, right claw off, and spineless, is now quickly dying.
Acrocanthosaurus tears open Spinosaurus's side open with his foot claw and feeds hungrily, winning the battle.

Winner: Acrocanthosaurus
Where it all went wrong:Spinosaurus ducks his head at the last second, still facing Acrocanthosaurus, and bites ACrocanthosaurus's throat. Acrocanthosaurus slices at Spinosaurus's eye, blinding him. Spinosaurus quickly releases his grip on Acrocanthosaurus, rearing his head, roaring in pain. Acrocanthosaurus quickly lunges toward Spinosaurus's throat, but Spinosaurus has gained focus, and slashes at Acrocanthosaurus.
MStar

Houston, TX

#52 Aug 13, 2010
RedAllosaurus wrote:
Acrocanthosaurs is wandering, hungry. There has been a combination of a drought and a famine. A Spinosaurus,equally hungry, wanders through the forest, his smelling on high alert. Acrocanthosaurs sees the Spinosaurus a heart beat before Spinosaurus sees the Acrocanthosaurus.
Spinosaurus roars in hunger, lifting his body up, and spreading his arms to look bigger in size. Acrocanthosaurus warily walks forward, checking the Spinosaurus for any vulnerabilities. He roars in confidence, and raises his body to look bigger. They circle each other in no hurry, with a good distance between them. Then, when he sees a chance, the Spinosaurus lowers his head, chraging. The fight is on!
Acrocanthosaurus quickly side steps and bites Spinosaurus's neck, pulling Spinosaurus, and throwing him forward, making Spinosaurus fall chest first. Spinosaurus quickly gets up, spinnig around to face Acrocanthosaurus. They roar and charge forward.
Spinosaurus ducks his head at the last second, still facing Acrocanthosaurus, and bites ACrocanthosaurus's throat. Acrocanthosaurus slices at Spinosaurus's eye, blinding him. Spinosaurus quickly releases his grip on Acrocanthosaurus, rearing his head, roaring in pain. Acrocanthosaurus quickly lunges toward Spinosaurus's throat, but Spinosaurus has gained focus, and slashes at Acrocanthosaurus.
Spinosaurus hits Acrocanthosaurus's nose, making a deep gash across Acrocanthosaurus's muzzle. Acrocanthosaurus, furious, clamps down on Spinosaurus's right claw, tearing it off. Spinosaurus, quickly weakening, lunges for Acrocanthosaurus, clamping his jaws on Acrocanthosaurus's head, strengthening his grip, and Acrocanthosaurus's skull starts cracking.
Acrocanthosaurus tears off Spinosaurus, and, wasting no time, lunges for Spinosaurus. Grabbing his throat, Acrocanthosaurus spins, throwing Spinosaurus. Before Spinosaurus can attempt to get up, Acrocanthosaurus rushes to Spinosaurus, grabbing and tearing off half of Spinosaurus's spine. Spinosaurus, half blind, right claw off, and spineless, is now quickly dying.
Acrocanthosaurus tears open Spinosaurus's side open with his foot claw and feeds hungrily, winning the battle.
Winner: Acrocanthosaurus
Where it all went wrong:Spinosaurus ducks his head at the last second, still facing Acrocanthosaurus, and bites ACrocanthosaurus's throat. Acrocanthosaurus slices at Spinosaurus's eye, blinding him. Spinosaurus quickly releases his grip on Acrocanthosaurus, rearing his head, roaring in pain. Acrocanthosaurus quickly lunges toward Spinosaurus's throat, but Spinosaurus has gained focus, and slashes at Acrocanthosaurus.
Awesome and I love the detail in which its described. However, I disagree with the outcome completely:

1) Im not so sure if Acro was strong enough to be able to throw down an animal that may have been about twice as heavy. Maybe it could, but I doubt it.

2) Acro probably didnt even have the jaw strength to tear an opponents limb off, let alone one as dangerous as Spino's hand!

3) If Acro's head started cracking, the fight would have been over.

4) Acro could not pull out of Spino's mouth. Spino's jaws were built for awesome gripping power, having a gharial/crocodile - like jaw lined with conical teeth.

5) Acro could NOT throw Spino. It was simply too small (in comparison, off course).

6) Spino would have died as soon as half of its sail was ripped off, which leads me to...

7) Acro could not in any way tear of a WHOLE HALF of a Spino's spine off.
Alternative Diplodocus

Milan, Italy

#53 Aug 14, 2010
MStar

Houston, TX

#54 Aug 14, 2010
Alternative Diplodocus wrote:
Kewl.
Alternative Diplodocus

Milan, Italy

#55 Aug 14, 2010
@MSTAR
F found dat da article of dal sasso is actually ONLIME!
http://reocities.com/Athens/bridge/4602/spino...
Read it ;)

Anoda pdf bout spinosaurus from tunisia
http://documents.irevues.inist.fr/bitstream/h...
Alternative Diplodocus

Milan, Italy

#56 Aug 14, 2010
MStar wrote:
<quoted text>
Kewl.
Since im from italy i didnt know vat "KEWL" actually means, so i check out dis. At first i thought its an insult, but den...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
And YOU r da 1 dat wrote "KEWL"
XD
MStar

Houston, TX

#57 Aug 14, 2010
@MSTAR
F found dat da article of dal sasso is actually ONLIME!
http://reocities.com/Athens/bridge/4602/spino...
Read it ;)
Anoda pdf bout spinosaurus from tunisia
http://documents.irevues.inist.fr/bitstream/h...
Ah yes Ive read the first article, but the second one I have neva heard of Im readin it atm.
MStar

Houston, TX

#58 Aug 14, 2010
<quoted text>
Since im from italy i didnt know vat "KEWL" actually means, so i check out dis. At first i thought its an insult, but den...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
And YOU r da 1 dat wrote "KEWL"
XD
:/

Guess that says somethin bout me XD
MStar

Houston, TX

#59 Aug 14, 2010
MStar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes Ive read the first article, but the second one I have neva heard of Im readin it atm.
Just finished the second article.

Its pretty cool, I didnt know that Spinosaurines didnt exist in Gondwana til the Albian stage of the Cretaceous.

Very cool.
person

Moss Beach, CA

#60 Aug 14, 2010
ok, i changed opinions, there is no way acro wins this. considering spino is at LEAST 6t heavier......
MStar

Houston, TX

#61 Aug 14, 2010
person wrote:
ok, i changed opinions, there is no way acro wins this. considering spino is at LEAST 6t heavier......
And a good descision that was.
mattking

Powerview, Canada

#62 Aug 14, 2010
Yes indeed
Alternative Diplodocus

Milan, Italy

#63 Aug 15, 2010
MStar wrote:
<quoted text>
:/
Guess that says somethin bout me XD
AOLMonkey786: OMG, DIS Sh1t iz kewl!!!!111
Yggdrasil21x: Go die, you waste of freaking air.

Dats EPIC XD
MStar

Houston, TX

#65 Aug 17, 2010
<quoted text>
AOLMonkey786: OMG, DIS Sh1t iz kewl!!!!111
Yggdrasil21x: Go die, you waste of freaking air.
Dats EPIC XD
EPIC WIN XD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10 most dangerous therapods. (Aug '09) 19 hr Livero Alvieri 173
Raptor (dromaeosaurid) hand placement? Thu KeeganKuhn 1
utahraptor vs gigantoraptor Thu love dinosaurs ma... 1
t rex vs. semi-truck!(+driver) Thu Raptor Red 1
Giganotosaurus vs V-rex (May '09) Thu Raptor Red 50
Indominus Rex vs Ultimasaurus May 25 Wolf quester XD 3
The WORST wild kratts episodes ever made May 24 DINOsaur 10
More from around the web