Posted in the Dinosaur Forum

Since: May 12

North America, Early Jurassic

#1 May 31, 2012
Who will win?

Since: Feb 11

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 May 31, 2012
Majungasaurus is like the bulldog of the dinosaur world, its got a naste bite but has short legs. Gorgosaurus is more like a german shepherd. He is long legged, larger, possibly more intelligent, and has a good bite all its own. I'd favour the tyrannosaurid.

Location hidden

#3 May 31, 2012
gorgosaurus wins this one, even-though they r the same size, being a tyrannosaur gave it a very strong bite.

anyway, here is a interesting photo of the primitive tyrannosaur dryptosaurus with feathers: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

#4 May 31, 2012
Mattking rex wrote:
Majungasaurus is like the bulldog of the dinosaur world, its got a naste bite but has short legs. Gorgosaurus is more like a german shepherd. He is long legged, larger, possibly more intelligent, and has a good bite all its own. I'd favour the tyrannosaurid.
Yea, and majunga also had a small brain so it is definetly outsmarted, since Gorgosaurus a.k.a Albertosaurus had an expanded brain that would have been sophisticated.

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#5 May 31, 2012
Intelligence is not a very deciding factor unless the difference is incredibly significant.But I agree the Tyrannosaurid will win here,Tyrannosauridae generally beat Abelisauridae in anatomy,during the Cretaceous,if the continents were connected,Tyrannosauridae would ultimately dominate all,The Abelisauridae were lucky that it and the Tyrannosaurs were separated.
I'm sure Gorosaurus got a stronger bite force and was probably more agile and when you consider intellect Gorosaurus had a pretty big advantage over Majungasaurus.

Since: Mar 12

Poland

#6 Jun 1, 2012
Majungasaurus was really wimp of runners due very short legs. If not it was just a walker.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-STMpsLDq7tQ/TiH3lm2...

If Majungasaurus has very short legs like that, Gorgosaurus would outrun it very easily. It's like VW Golf VI 1.4 vs Ferrari 458 Italia.
I can't any big Majunga advantages against Gorgo. Gorgosaurus is definitely smarter, faster and more agile. G.libratus is just too much for clumsy M.crenatissimus.
So tyrannosaurid would win.

#7 Jun 1, 2012
lol on speed, Majunga is the complete opposite of his larger cousin Carnotaurus. it could only run 15 mph while carnotaurus can run more than twice that speed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tell me a animal that can beat megalodon. No ar... (Jan '13) 5 hr AtlanticEX 69
Basilosaurus vs Liopleurodon vs Mosasaurus 5 hr Hieveryone 9
Was Liopleurodon really 82 feet??! (Mar '09) 6 hr Seamonsterfights 100
Amphicoelias vs Megalodon Sun Seamonsterfights 4
Which dinosaurs would humans domesticate? Sat T-rex_Rules 2
Daspletosaurus vs Saurophaganax (Apr '11) Sat T-rex_Rules 277
Giganotosaurus vs. T. rex (Apr '07) Sat T-rex_Rules 6,188
More from around the web