Spinosaurus vs Triceratops

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#41 May 17, 2012
I agree with Balaur on some things and BR on some things. Balaur is right in saying that Spino was not adapted to kill Trike. This is obviously true, it was a fish eater for gods sake! The odds in Triceratops favor stay at 80/20. But BR is also correct in saying that Trike could not charge/ram Spino at full force without suffering damage to itself in the process. They tested this on "The Truth About Killer Dinosaurs". Turns out if Trike rams a predator like T.rex or Spino at full speed it will break it's own skull. They concluded instead that Trike would "flick" short jabs with a fast head movement as opposed to a full run and charge.

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#42 May 17, 2012
Bunny Rabbit wrote:
<quoted text> Dude, Trike's skull was too weak, if it hit the Spino then it would cause damage to both Spino and Trike. Trike's skull was simply 2 weak!!!
Only the tip of the nose is weak as it would break when charging at top speed,however,the horns and frill is more durable and probably be able to absorb the force.Spinosaurus was tall,the third horn on the nose would simply go below Spinosaurus's belly while the the huge horns above the eyes puncture deep into Spino's flank.

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#43 May 17, 2012
Balaur wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the tip of the nose is weak as it would break when charging at top speed,however,the horns and frill is more durable and probably be able to absorb the force.Spinosaurus was tall,the third horn on the nose would simply go below Spinosaurus's belly while the the huge horns above the eyes puncture deep into Spino's flank.
The test on TTAKD showed more than just the nose breaking, the jaws completely shattered as well.

“the great killer ”

Since: Feb 12

kolkata, India

#44 May 18, 2012
Paleoworld-101 wrote:
Spino wouldn't tackle a dinosaur like Trike. Like Omega T-rex said, it's not designed to. It was primarily a fish eater as im sure we all know and only fed on small to medium sized dinosaurs when it got the chance. T.rex on the other hand has a chance, it WAS specifically evolved to hunt other giant dinosaurs and a battle between these two could be 50/50 depending on the circumstances (surprise attack and what not). With spino, Trike wins 80/20 if not more.
However if this was "Monsters Ressurected" spino, then the Trike would be dead meat! That thing can kill anything lol.
the design of spinosaurus from "Monsters Ressurected" is not accurate

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#45 May 18, 2012
Omega T-Rex wrote:
<quoted text> the design of spinosaurus from "Monsters Ressurected" is not accurate
I was joking...

“the great killer ”

Since: Feb 12

kolkata, India

#46 May 18, 2012
Paleoworld-101 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was joking...
i know that you were joking but seriously that spino is not accurate

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#47 May 18, 2012
Omega T-Rex wrote:
<quoted text> i know that you were joking but seriously that spino is not accurate
That's the point of the joke,if it was accurate,such a joke wouldn't exist.
Bunny Rabbit

Lake Forest, CA

#48 May 18, 2012
Paleoworld-101 wrote:
I agree with Balaur on some things and BR on some things. Balaur is right in saying that Spino was not adapted to kill Trike. This is obviously true, it was a fish eater for gods sake! The odds in Triceratops favor stay at 80/20. But BR is also correct in saying that Trike could not charge/ram Spino at full force without suffering damage to itself in the process. They tested this on "The Truth About Killer Dinosaurs". Turns out if Trike rams a predator like T.rex or Spino at full speed it will break it's own skull. They concluded instead that Trike would "flick" short jabs with a fast head movement as opposed to a full run and charge.
Yeah, but I would give it like 70/30 to Trike, not 80/20.
elliotjay

United States

#49 May 29, 2012
triceratops has 5 feet tall horns trike
Dino-expert2000

Singapore, Singapore

#50 Aug 30, 2012
Well if you ask me I think triceratops would win cause it was well equipped to deal with tyrannosaurus. And in the game jurassic park operation genesis, when I put trike and Spino together my Spino once killed one of them but the trikes kept charging at it until he was dead.
Altanative Whatever

San Francisco, CA

#51 Aug 30, 2012
Pfft, just use your account. Everyone knows who you are!1
tyrannosaurus rex

Chennai, India

#53 Sep 3, 2012
triceratops vs spinosaurus =spinosaurus goes to heaven.
Dino-expert2000

Singapore, Singapore

#54 Sep 3, 2012
Triceratops wins. Trike and Spino will result to a really F*****-up Spino.

“"I am error"”

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco

#55 Sep 3, 2012
Stop swearing and become a religious fanatic.
tyrannosaurus rex

Chennai, India

#56 Sep 3, 2012
agreed.

“damnant quod non sensus”

Since: Feb 11

A mead hall in Valhalla

#57 Sep 8, 2012
Spino is obviously not built to deal with large and/or armoured threats, primarily because of it's weak jaws and hollow, conical teeth (meant for grabbing and holding on to fish).

“"I am error"”

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco

#58 Sep 8, 2012
^this

Spinosaurus wasn't built for armored/armoured prey, even more so that sauropods or theropods.

Since: Aug 12

Slater, MO

#59 Sep 8, 2012
Altanative Whatever wrote:
^this
Spinosaurus wasn't built for armored/armoured prey, even more so that sauropods or theropods.
So U actually AGREE with armour? It's the same rule as colour.

Armor, color = Junk

Armour, Colour = COOL!!!!!!!!!!
Fishy Fishy

San Francisco, CA

#60 Sep 8, 2012
Do french fries equal chips?

Do chips equal crisps?

Does retard equal a serious insult?

Do biscuits equal crackers?
Dino-expert2000

Singapore, Singapore

#61 Sep 22, 2012
MStar wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly, only expanded.
Triceratops + Spinosaurus= A hole-bellied, dead Spinosaurus. Well said.
Spino= around 5-6%
Trike= 95-94%
HA HA HO HA HE HE HAHA LOL!!! Good one!:'D
Ahem... Sorry about that... I think triceratops would win because in the game JPOG when I put them together my triceratops kept on killing my Spinosaurus.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spinosaurus vs. t-rex (Dec '07) 13 hr Tyranna2 5,831
Return of the Emperor 13 hr Tyranna2 4
Tiger population on the rise at last ! 13 hr Tyranna2 9
Lion vs tiger (Oct '11) Aug 18 1def-ghd 254
dino egg (possibly ) Aug 18 purple pink 2
Jurassic Park 3 ruined the the series. (Sep '09) Aug 18 Coelophysis 149
Argentinosaurus vs Mapusaurus Aug 15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web