Religious debate
Tardigrade

San Francisco, CA

#1 Sep 21, 2012
OK JMD, go and convert us godless heathens. Go on, prove that there is an invisible man in the sky! Prove that the earth is 6000 years old, and that it was created in but 6 days.

I probably won't have to plagiarize anyone else's arguments in order to destroy you in an argument. If I got a dollar for every argument I've won against you. I'd probably have 10-20 dollars.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 21, 2012
Tardigrade wrote:
OK JMD, go and convert us godless heathens. Go on, prove that there is an invisible man in the sky! Prove that the earth is 6000 years old, and that it was created in but 6 days.
I probably won't have to plagiarize anyone else's arguments in order to destroy you in an argument. If I got a dollar for every argument I've won against you. I'd probably have 10-20 dollars.
I'd have enough to buy myself a troll filter, if only I wanted one.
Earl Sinclair

Portland, OR

#3 Sep 22, 2012
Tardigrade wrote:
God is not an "invisible Man" and He's not "in the sky" I think of Him as being sort of in a parallel dimension. Not "up in the air" somewhere above us in or near this world. I really don't understand why so many people have a problem with the idea of a creator being, it just sort of makes sense to me even though I could not understand such a powerful being. Remember that all religion is man-made! To put in short, God is God but religion is man. I do not personally think that believing in a creationist God goes contrary to science, after all God would have put in place all the rules by which science functions. I think the problem is that a lot of people have chosen science, as their religion. After all, the very definition of "religion" is an attempt to explain the natural world around us and where it came from.

Location hidden

#4 Sep 22, 2012
Earl Sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not an "invisible Man" and He's not "in the sky" I think of Him as being sorlel dimension. Not "up in the air" somewhere above us in or near this world. I really don't understand why so many people have a procreator being, it just sort of makes sense to me even though I could not understandful being. Remember that all religion is man-made! To put in short, God i not personally think that believing in a creationist God goes contrary to science, after all God would have put in place all the rules by which science functions. I think the problem is that a lot of people have chosen sthe very definition s an attempt to explain the natural world around us and where it came from.
Stupid Earl Sinclair
Hovertating Blobmeister

San Francisco, CA

#5 Sep 22, 2012
Earl Sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not an "invisible Man" and He's not "in the sky" I think of Him as being sort of in a parallel dimension. Not "up in the air" somewhere above us in or near this world. I really don't understand why so many people have a problem with the idea of a creator being, it just sort of makes sense to me even though I could not understand such a powerful being. Remember that all religion is man-made! To put in short, God is God but religion is man. I do not personally think that believing in a creationist God goes contrary to science, after all God would have put in place all the rules by which science functions. I think the problem is that a lot of people have chosen science, as their religion. After all, the very definition of "religion" is an attempt to explain the natural world around us and where it came from.
SCIENCE is not a RELIGION. Science is a way of figuring things out. ATHEISM is not a religion either. ATHEISM is the ABSENCE of a belief in a god.

I do not get why people have a problem with SCIENCE. The BIBLE is MAN-MADE and has NOT been corrected at ALL for all of its existence. In SCIENCE, people will revise their theories if they find evidence to the contrary. Religion is simply blind faith. The "god is in a parallel universe" argument is trying to make an excuse for the fact that no one has observed a god, evar.

Religion is an attempt to explain the natural world, but it's also something else I think. There is an AFTERLIFE in religion. People have LESS fear of DEATH if they think that there's an afterlife, so they're SCARED into believing in a god.

Although, I was actually waiting for JMD because his arguments are rather pathetic.
JMD577

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Sep 22, 2012
funny you should say that.
JMD577

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Sep 22, 2012
Earl Sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>
Good explanation.
Hovertating Blobmeister

San Francisco, CA

#8 Sep 22, 2012
Hello junior. We're waiting.
JMD577

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 22, 2012
Hello. Well, let's hear your brain talk!

Location hidden

#10 Sep 22, 2012
My Brain? No offense, but Brain only helps Pinky.
JMD577

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Sep 22, 2012
I was talking to Blobmeister.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 22, 2012
JMD577 wrote:
I was talking to Blobmeister.
Hovertating Blobmeister

Location hidden

#13 Sep 22, 2012
JMD577 is dumb.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 22, 2012
Logfish is not Crazy Fish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Discord vs. Saxton Hale 4 min Kiryu2013 1
Everyone Class Matches 27: Gwangi vs Fluttershy 9 min Kiryu2013 1
Zarksuchus vs Basilosaurus 43 min Kiryu2013 1
Megalosaurus vs Zarkovenator 44 min Kiryu2013 1
Deinosuchus vs. Suchobeast 52 min Kiryu2013 1
Tiger vs Great White Shark 58 min Kiryu2013 1
Wild Boar vs Great White Shark 3 hr Kiryu2013 1
More from around the web