Giganotosaurus vs. T. rex
PredatorX sucks

Honolulu, HI

#6046 Mar 6, 2013
Hey....your being too fanboyish, the truth is giga is an awesome predator and theropod but it was......no match for T.Rex so pleeeeeeeeeease quit being fanboyish.

“'SPOT' The Diplodocus”

Since: Feb 12

Cheshire UK

#6047 Mar 6, 2013
PredatorX sucks wrote:
Hey....your being too fanboyish, the truth is giga is an awesome predator and theropod but it was......no match for T.Rex so pleeeeeeeeeease quit being fanboyish.
Have you got nothing better to do, why don't you go talk to a balloon.
Or go look in a mirror and watch yourself dying.
You sad, sad, very sad, stupid imbecilic cretin.
thor

Niagara Falls, Canada

#6048 Mar 7, 2013
Truth be told Giganotosaurus is maybe lighter than T.rex, but that would give him the advantage because since the t.rex is so darn slow the Giganotosaurus would just be too quick and and he'll keep on biting the T.rex than he would step back until the T.rex couldn't take it anymore and just pass out leaving Giganotosaurus the winner.
PredatorX sucks

Honolulu, HI

#6050 Mar 7, 2013
T.Rex rules, cuz it has stronger bite force, and giganotosaurus only has 2 advantages, while T.Rex has 6 advantages!!!
Duke Diadectes

Cheltenham, UK

#6051 Mar 7, 2013
PredatorX sucks wrote:
T.Rex rules, cuz it has stronger bite force, and giganotosaurus only has 2 advantages, while T.Rex has 6 advantages!!!
Seriously, you are acting like a fanboy. Oh wait.... You are a fanboy
predatorX sucks

Honolulu, HI

#6052 Mar 7, 2013
I am a spinosaurus/megalodon fanboy, for sure, and I'm also a troll lol
Geckolover

Chevy Chase, MD

#6053 Mar 19, 2013
tyrannosauroidea wrote:
"The t. rex has a lot more power in its jaws"
Maybe, but maybe not. We don't know for certain how strong Giganotosaurus' bite was as we have not found any Giganotosaurus toothmarks. Of course, we can guess, and in fact the guesses suggest that T. rex's bite was only slightly more powerful, if at all.
I'll tell you where this estimate comes from. T. rex is known to have had a bite of 12,000 newtons. And this bite was from a FEEDING bite, so paleotologists believe that 50,000 newtons is likely for T. rex's highest bite force, about four times more powerful than it's feeding bite.
Now Allosaurus' feeding bite is confirmed to be 3,000 newtons. Since Giganotosaurus was overall larger and more powerful, we would expect Giganotosaurus to have a stronger bite force than Allosaurus, possibly 8,000 newtons. Multiply 8,000 by four, then, according to the calculation done on T. rex, you should get roughly Giganotosaurus' strongest bite: 32,000 newtons. Very close to T. rex's top bite.
Anyway, bite force doesn't have much to do with it anyway. Sharks have just as a powerful bite as a human (200 newtons), yet we all know who would win if an unnarmed human encountered a Great White.
"and is actually a lot stronger than the gigantosaurus."
Is there any evidence for this? As far as I knew, Giganotosaurus outstripped T. rex in terms of strength.
"Apparently he has a bigger brain"
For one thing, a creature with a bigger brain than another creature does not mean it is more intelligent than the other one. In fact, Neanderthals had bigger brains (and a greater brain-to-body-size ratio), yet it is clear to us all Neanderthals were not as intelligent as us humans.
That aside, intelligence doesn't always mean much in a one-on-one fight, especially when both animals are no more intelligent than birds. Think of it, the intelligent monkey vs. the fairly unintelligent lion. Who will win?
"Heck, maybe that's an advantage with not having long arms; you don't have to think about how you're gonna make your kill."
I don't think animals live by that rule. They usually use everything they've got to kill the other animal, and they never have to think how to "make your kill."
"Still, Gigantosaurus does have that height advantage and could more easily get his shredding teeth on Rex. But I don't know if that could do it in one bite with that style of teeth. Sure they could rip flesh easily, especially with all that force, but one bite from Rex will crush bone."
It also depends where. If T. rex crushes Giganotosaurus' tail bones, Giganotosaurus will hardly be weakened. If Giganotosaurus shreds T. rex's face, then I'm sure T. rex would be severely weakened.
Anyway, one last thing is that simply because T. rex is smaller, he is at a big disadvantage. Like how come they never have two wrestlers of vastly different weights competing against each other? Because it would be unfair to the smaller one.
I'll also repeat that Giganotosaurus is a lot lighter on his feet than Rex, as with all allosauroids, which also gives Giga the advantage.
Lions can beat Tigers,(I actually have researched that) but the lions are smaller. Also, Giganotosaurus was more made for taking down sauropods, rather than prey its own size. FInally, Giga's teeth were more bladelike, as opposed to trex's deadly bananas. I giga had the bite force that trex did, it's teeth would break more easily, and do less damage.
Geckolover

Chevy Chase, MD

#6054 Mar 19, 2013
trex wood win. I have researched this by watching numerous documentaries. Trex's weapons were more suited to this particular fight. I think trex would win this fight, but giga is more likely to beat a sauropod than a trex.
jhet77

Richmond, Canada

#6055 Mar 19, 2013
Yeah maybe Gigantosaurus is faster and weighs more but that doesn't mean he's stronger.So this battle between T.Rex and Gigantosaurus is like a battle between a hyena and a tiger.A hyena is stronger but is slower and for all speices of hyenas it weighs less and is smaller but that doesn't mean the hyena would easily be beaten by a tiger,right?.The hyena could bite the tiger and inflict some deep wounds because a hyena has the second strongest bite force of any living any animal that stills exist today.Their is only 1 animal that has a stronger bite force then a hyena and thats a saltwater crocodile,any way lets get back to the topic.A tiger is bigger and faster right?And for some speices they might've hunted in groups of 3 or 2.All the hyena has to do is bite the tiger in the neck or head and it will inflict fatal wounds because its bite force is almost 1000 lb of preasure.But the tiger could attack it with his paws (or claws for gigantosaurus)or use its mouth which almost has the same bite force as a hyena.So I'd actually say maybe its a 40-60 for T.Rex and Gigantosaurus (40% for T.Rex and 60% Gigantosaurus)
Lord Vader Garfield

Honolulu, HI

#6056 Mar 20, 2013
I have to admit, I'm not a giga fanboy. T.Rex would beat giga but T.Rex beat spino? That's just too bullshit. Spinosaurus would clamp and smash and crunch and crush the heck outta both of them.
Lord Vader Garfield

Honolulu, HI

#6057 Mar 20, 2013
T.Rex would beat Giga.
jhet77

Richmond, Canada

#6058 Mar 27, 2013
Well actually T.Rex does have a good chance to kill a Spino because go to google images and type in Spinosaurus.Look at Spino's claws.Its claws were slung under its head slightly below the shoulder and was too short to hit a therapod.Yeah maybe those claws are strong enough to punch through metal but there not long enough to hit an actual therapod like a T.Rex or Gigantosaurus.And those teeth of a Spinosaurus were ment to grip animals,not tear through flesh and meat.And its jaw is too weak to inflict any fatal wounds to a therapod especially a T.Rex because T.Rex has a very thick skin especially around the neck.And most therapods try to bite eachother in the neck because if you crush the neck or something like that,that dinosaur will die.So Spino fanboys go reaserch up some facts about T.Rex and learn how powerful they are.And maybe you will learn why they are called 'King of Tyrant Lizards''.
ajakelhihi

New York, NY

#6059 Mar 29, 2013
jhet77 wrote:
Well actually T.Rex does have a good chance to kill a Spino because go to google images and type in Spinosaurus.Look at Spino's claws.Its claws were slung under its head slightly below the shoulder and was too short to hit a therapod.Yeah maybe those claws are strong enough to punch through metal but there not long enough to hit an actual therapod like a T.Rex or Gigantosaurus.And those teeth of a Spinosaurus were ment to grip animals,not tear through flesh and meat.And its jaw is too weak to inflict any fatal wounds to a therapod especially a T.Rex because T.Rex has a very thick skin especially around the neck.And most therapods try to bite eachother in the neck because if you crush the neck or something like that,that dinosaur will die.So Spino fanboys go reaserch up some facts about T.Rex and learn how powerful they are.And maybe you will learn why they are called 'King of Tyrant Lizards''.
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!
t rex is the king.
but when kings fight,the winner is a emperor.
t rex was a king,utahraptor,allo,cacharodo ntosaurus,and giganotosaurus were emperors,they send armies to kill kings.
trex

San Juan, Philippines

#6060 Apr 2, 2013
trex win because the bite of trex are most powerful than gigantosaurus gigantosaurus is bigger but trex was stronger
Spinosaurus aegyptiacus

Parklea, Australia

#6061 Apr 19, 2013
Geckolover wrote:
<quoted text> Lions can beat Tigers,(I actually have researched that) but the lions are smaller. Also, Giganotosaurus was more made for taking down sauropods, rather than prey its own size. FInally, Giga's teeth were more bladelike, as opposed to trex's deadly bananas. I giga had the bite force that trex did, it's teeth would break more easily, and do less damage.
Hahaha deadly bannanas.
Hello

Navan, Ireland

#6062 May 6, 2013
Gig wins

“Clash of the titans!”

Since: May 13

Isla Sorna,JP

#6063 May 6, 2013
No way t,rex wins
unbeatable loser

Birmingham, UK

#6064 May 7, 2013
I'm not even going to bother trying to fight this threads terminal case of fanboy cancer...

Normal dino nuts just move along don't even bother getting involved

“Clash of the titans!”

Since: May 13

Isla Sorna,JP

#6065 May 7, 2013
dude its just a debate which has lasted for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooong time.
unbeatable loser

Birmingham, UK

#6066 May 7, 2013
i just feel very strongly in this v that debates as they usually boil down to "x is bigger so it wins" "but my hastily searched up sizes for y say its bigger" or t.rex is king so its automaticly best

it just gets on my nerves to see people pull ridiculous figures out there arse or stay on one side just because they like a particular thing over another

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Tyrannosaurus Rex vs Albertosaurus vs Tarbosaur... (Jun '11) 8 hr adam_247 65
Spinosaurus vs. t-rex (Dec '07) 8 hr YABOIIJAKE 5,864
Lion vs tiger (Oct '11) 15 hr Tiger prawn 255
Liopleurodon V.S. Mosasaurus (Mar '09) 15 hr Tiger prawn 103
Liopleurodon vs Tylosaurus (Nov '08) 15 hr Tiger prawn 49
Protoceratops was probably an omnivore. Mon T-rex_Rules 3
Identify this skull Mon T-rex_Rules 3
More from around the web