#5940 Nov 18, 2012
T Rex fanboy wrote:
Know you should of said
Because
In this case, it is have, not of.
Jon

Peabody, MA

#5941 Nov 22, 2012
Honestly,I have looked through this discussion. You shouldn't be allowed to even post answers to this question if you don't understand the dinosaurus. You are making (inaccurate) assumptions about these carnivores, using size as a reference for assumption, and taking charactists of modern animals, and applying them to these dinosaurs to predict a fight. Dinosaurs were different.

I've studied dinosaurs my whole life. I've looked at different cavaties, helped conclude some hunting characteristics, design models, apply hypothetical muscle to skeletons.

Giganotosaurus was probably the strongest carnivore of the jurassic. However, most of you..geniuses...have stated it is 1.5x larger, and it's bite is 1.5 times stronger? First of all, on average, a giganotosaurus was a few feet longer. Of course, resent discoveries show bones, bones larger than the respective bone in sue. Tyrannosaurus was up to 15 meters long, up to 50 feet. They were heavier build than thought, easily getting up to 9 tons. Larger specimens muscle mass would put a rex up to 12 13 tons.

It was smarter than giganotosaurus, and it hunted prey it had to fight for. Tyrannosaurus, not only may very well be bigger again, but the strength of the animals doesn't even compare guys. I could legitimately right a 6 page essay on this topic, but I am not going to get into this here.

To keep it brief, I suggest doing a little bit of research before making foolish conclusions, or if you can't do the research, don't post. A Tyrannosaurus Rex would kill a Giganotosaurus more times than not in a fight. Simply overall the most powerful carnivorious dinosaur to ever walk the earth. That is NOT debatable. It isn't.

good day

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#5942 Nov 22, 2012
Jon wrote:
Honestly,I have looked through this discussion. You shouldn't be allowed to even post answers to this question if you don't understand the dinosaurus. You are making (inaccurate) assumptions about these carnivores, using size as a reference for assumption, and taking charactists of modern animals, and applying them to these dinosaurs to predict a fight. Dinosaurs were different.
I've studied dinosaurs my whole life. I've looked at different cavaties, helped conclude some hunting characteristics, design models, apply hypothetical muscle to skeletons.
Giganotosaurus was probably the strongest carnivore of the jurassic. However, most of you..geniuses...have stated it is 1.5x larger, and it's bite is 1.5 times stronger? First of all, on average, a giganotosaurus was a few feet longer. Of course, resent discoveries show bones, bones larger than the respective bone in sue. Tyrannosaurus was up to 15 meters long, up to 50 feet. They were heavier build than thought, easily getting up to 9 tons. Larger specimens muscle mass would put a rex up to 12 13 tons.
It was smarter than giganotosaurus, and it hunted prey it had to fight for. Tyrannosaurus, not only may very well be bigger again, but the strength of the animals doesn't even compare guys. I could legitimately right a 6 page essay on this topic, but I am not going to get into this here.
To keep it brief, I suggest doing a little bit of research before making foolish conclusions, or if you can't do the research, don't post. A Tyrannosaurus Rex would kill a Giganotosaurus more times than not in a fight. Simply overall the most powerful carnivorious dinosaur to ever walk the earth. That is NOT debatable. It isn't.
good day
Who the hell are you claiming to'be studied dinosaurs your whole life yet most of the very basic informations that beginners should know, you've got it all wrong.
Dinosaurus??? Seriously?
Giganotosaurus lived in the Jurassic??? Any noob could look on Wikipedia and found out it ruled the Late Cretaceous.
Only the trolls and fanboys get the wrong information, 50 Tyrannosaurus are estimated using very fragmentary specimen like UCMP 137538 or UCMP 118742, the bones discovered barely made up 1 or 2% of the skeleton, is that reliable AT ALL? I'll post more later, it's getting late where I'm from. Hope you look up some of these things and start debating seriously, BTW I agree on T.rex would have a better chance of winning having most of the advantages.

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5943 Nov 22, 2012
Jon wrote:
good day
WTF Giga didn't f*cking live in the f*cking Late Jurassic. It's probably because of a brain aneurysm, or are you naturally this stupid?
Dark Grey Cat

Bournemouth, UK

#5944 Nov 22, 2012
Jon wrote:
stuff
dafuq did i just read
Big Al

Milan, Italy

#5945 Nov 22, 2012
And you all even pay attention to Jon...
(High fives)
Ah
Dinogenius

Jericho, VT

#5946 Dec 12, 2012
T.rex was smaller but a bit smarter, and his jaws were more powerful, but Gigantosaurus was bigger, faster and his teeth were sharper and longer, so i would put my money on Gigantosaurus.And probably when T.rex tried to bite Gigantosaurus, his mouth could hardly reach Gigantosaurus's neck.
monte

Valparaiso, IN

#5947 Dec 25, 2012
giganotosaurus takes down t-rex
Premania

Espoo, Finland

#5948 Jan 7, 2013
Balaur wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell are you claiming to'be studied dinosaurs your whole life yet most of the very basic informations that beginners should know, you've got it all wrong.
Dinosaurus??? Seriously?
Giganotosaurus lived in the Jurassic??? Any noob could look on Wikipedia and found out it ruled the Late Cretaceous.
Only the trolls and fanboys get the wrong information, 50 Tyrannosaurus are estimated using very fragmentary specimen like UCMP 137538 or UCMP 118742, the bones discovered barely made up 1 or 2% of the skeleton, is that reliable AT ALL? I'll post more later, it's getting late where I'm from. Hope you look up some of these things and start debating seriously, BTW I agree on T.rex would have a better chance of winning having most of the advantages.
Wazzup Balaur!
Rexby

Honolulu, HI

#5949 Jan 8, 2013
Whoah.... Stupid!!!
Diloto

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#5950 Jan 9, 2013
Premania wrote:
<quoted text>Wazzup Balaur!
Nothin bro, go to. Imperial palace, this forum was abondoned for the trolls to be as autistic as they wanted.
PredatorAPEX1

Pasco, WA

#5952 Jan 9, 2013
I'm going with Gigantosaurus.It was about 7-9 Meters tall.And i think about 9-11 meters long.I don't know.Because i was told that the Wiki can change.But t.rex was slightly smaller.And i think the jaws are not as strong as Gigantosaurus.But in my opinion T.rex was less intelligent.But i think T.rex would have an advantage in sight.Because it's skull was Broader yet (slightly) bigger.So it was a possibility that ist could headbutt the Giant.But since Gigantosaurus is bigger and probably stronger then t.rex it would probably win because it has stronger jaws.And i think T.rex was less intelligent.

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5953 Jan 9, 2013
PredatorAPEX1 wrote:
I'm going with Gigantosaurus.It was about 7-9 Meters tall.And i think about 9-11 meters long.I don't know.Because i was told that the Wiki can change.But t.rex was slightly smaller.And i think the jaws are not as strong as Gigantosaurus.But in my opinion T.rex was less intelligent.But i think T.rex would have an advantage in sight.Because it's skull was Broader yet (slightly) bigger.So it was a possibility that ist could headbutt the Giant.But since Gigantosaurus is bigger and probably stronger then t.rex it would probably win because it has stronger jaws.And i think T.rex was less intelligent.
Giganotosaurus was about 4m tall at the hips, and 13.2 meters long at maximum. T.rex was slightly smaller, but it easily has a stronger bite than Giganotosaurus. T.rex was also the more intelligent of the two, it lived about 40 million years after Giga and was more highly evolved.

IMO the size difference between these two is not much of an advantage, T.rex had the stronger bite and was more robust and strongly built. T.rex wins.
Rexby

Honolulu, HI

#5954 Jan 9, 2013
T Rex is heavier, has a stronger bite, more intelligence and even though slightly smaller it was a bit more agile, also t Rex is much more stronger. I'll have to go with the t Rex. 100/89
Zach

Penns Grove, NJ

#5955 Jan 9, 2013
Ok reading everything and I mean everything in the comments I have come to the conclusion( I do now a lot about animals and dinosaurs) I have cone to belive that giga would win 70-75% of the time while trex at 25-30% of the time. What I know is size is crucial in all fights between similar animals. For instance when two males compete the larger one wins 99.99% of the time. So saying size doesnt matter is completely wrong. It is a major part in survival of the fittest. One last thing just to be clear my fav Dino is therizinasaurus. Just sayin so I am coming from a neutral standpoint.
Rexby

Honolulu, HI

#5956 Jan 9, 2013
Size does matter, but not everytime
PredatorAPEX1

Pasco, WA

#5957 Jan 9, 2013
Rexby wrote:
Size does matter, but not everytime
Size never matters.Because the smaller animal could be more agile.Now how about you go and complimate that on a different forum.

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5958 Jan 9, 2013
Size DOES matter, just ask the female population and see what they say.
Premania

Espoo, Finland

#5959 Jan 9, 2013
Paleoworld-101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Giganotosaurus was about 4m tall at the hips, and 13.2 meters long at maximum. T.rex was slightly smaller, but it easily has a stronger bite than Giganotosaurus. T.rex was also the more intelligent of the two, it lived about 40 million years after Giga and was more highly evolved.
IMO the size difference between these two is not much of an advantage, T.rex had the stronger bite and was more robust and strongly built. T.rex wins.
For the las time, t.rex was BIGGER! Using the UCMP 137538 you get size of 15,2 tons and around 15-16 m. Tough its very fragmentary specimen. But Sue was an average t.rex and even it weighed 13 tons wich is more than any gigas weight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) 47 min Gawdzilla 186
What Dinosaur Do you hate The most? (Sep '14) 50 min Gawdzilla 16
Spinosaurus vs. t-rex (Dec '07) 54 min Gawdzilla 5,770
How do you start a poll 2 hr Super suchomimus 1
Predator X vs. Megalodon (Mar '09) 3 hr Zhahanel 826
Whats your favourite wierd dino 3 hr Super suchomimus 1
How smart was velociraptor 3 hr Super suchomimus 5
More from around the web