Lake Forest, CA

#858 Nov 18, 2012
T Rex fanboy wrote:
Your right but i know the sail is used for fishing not intimidating
Where's Yer proof?
T Rex fanboy

Spring Grove, IL

#859 Nov 18, 2012
go to Youtube and type in Mega-Beasts biggest Killer Dino it is the only part that isn't a lie
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#860 Nov 18, 2012
T Rex fanboy wrote:
go to Youtube and type in Mega-Beasts biggest Killer Dino it is the only part that isn't a lie
You believe that show!

The sail MIGHT have been used for fishing, but there's no proof to suggest that.
Dark Grey Cat

Fremont, CA

#861 Nov 19, 2012
T Rex fanboy wrote:
The spines are a weekness because if it got knocked downit would be dead
This is more documentary BS.

The only way breaking the neural spines could kill an animal is if the spinal cord itself was damaged. The cord does NOT run through the neural spines, therefore breaking them alone would not be fatal, though it would be bloody painful I imagine.

No matter what the primary function of the extended neural spines actually was - and we don't know what that role is - it would gives Spinosaurus a huge outline, which would be intimidating for animals.

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#862 Nov 20, 2012
Dark Grey Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
This is more documentary BS.
The only way breaking the neural spines could kill an animal is if the spinal cord itself was damaged. The cord does NOT run through the neural spines, therefore breaking them alone would not be fatal, though it would be bloody painful I imagine.
No matter what the primary function of the extended neural spines actually was - and we don't know what that role is - it would gives Spinosaurus a huge outline, which would be intimidating for animals.
True, though It's pretty hard to imagine how Spinosaurus could even stand up when it fell to the side like depicted in Mega Beast, it would not die from the fall but because a pack of Rubops was there, death is inevitable.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#863 Nov 20, 2012
Balaur wrote:
<quoted text>
True, though It's pretty hard to imagine how Spinosaurus could even stand up when it fell to the side like depicted in Mega Beast, it would not die from the fall but because a pack of Rubops was there, death is inevitable.
The Rugops would've easily killed the Spino if he was down, but kinda hard to imagine them bringing down a 17 meter animal unless it was a very large pack of Rugops.

Since: Nov 12

Hilmar, CA

#864 Nov 21, 2012
Spinosaurus cause its smarter, stronger, faster, had longer arms claws and snout. It's bigger too. Also most of you are wrong, Spinosaurus was a hunter and a carnivore who ate fish as an alternative food source if it couldn't kill and eat another dinosaur. It's not like its teeth were all that weak they were very strong too.

Location hidden

#865 Nov 21, 2012
DeathbySpinosaurus wrote:
Spinosaurus cause its smarter, stronger, faster, had longer arms claws and snout. It's bigger too. Also most of you are wrong, Spinosaurus was a hunter and a carnivore who ate fish as an alternative food source if it couldn't kill and eat another dinosaur. It's not like its teeth were all that weak they were very strong too.
Spino ate both fish and other dinosaurs.

Also, a longer snout is a DISADVANTAGE because it means a weaker bite force.

Carch and Spino were of equal intelligence. Spino was heavier and more massive.

All in all, Carch wins 55/45.
Dark Grey Cat

Bournemouth, UK

#866 Nov 22, 2012
Longer snout =/= weaker bite. Whether a general trait of weak-jawed animals or not, it does not result in a weak bite force directly. And if the tiny 1.5 meter, <15 kg thin jawed Champsosaurus can posses a bite as strong as a Grey Wolf 3 times its size, then there is every possibilty the larger and more robust skull of Spinosaurus was stronger than the very holey skull of Carcharodontosaurus.
BIg Al

Trento, Italy

#867 Nov 22, 2012
Dark Grey Cat wrote:
Longer snout =/= weaker bite. Whether a general trait of weak-jawed animals or not, it does not result in a weak bite force directly. And if the tiny 1.5 meter, <15 kg thin jawed Champsosaurus can posses a bite as strong as a Grey Wolf 3 times its size, then there is every possibilty the larger and more robust skull of Spinosaurus was stronger than the very holey skull of Carcharodontosaurus.
You're spinodontosaurus, aren't you

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#868 Nov 23, 2012
Dark Grey Cat wrote:
A longer snout does result in a weaker bite if the muscle is the same, some reptilian evolved special neck muscles (such as the crocodile) to make their long jaws both accurate and powerful, It is not proven whether or not Spinosaurus possess any of these, it's improbable though. Both skulls are hollow and holey (to reduce the weight) or else the skull would be too heavy.
Dark Grey Cat

Bournemouth, UK

#869 Nov 23, 2012
%
Bite is muscle driven, snout length is independant of muscle strength.
And
http://images.wikia.com/archosauria/images/e/...
BIg Al wrote:
<quoted text>You're spinodontosaurus, aren't you
http://archosauria.wikia.com/wiki/Crazy_Fish
actually iirc Spino said you are religious, so i wouldnt view that if i were you
actually i would
but im not you
so it doesnt matter
just click the link god damnit!
Altanative Al

Cesano Maderno, Italy

#870 Nov 23, 2012
Dark Grey Cat wrote:
%
Bite is muscle driven, snout length is independant of muscle strength.
And
http://images.wikia.com/archosauria/images/e/...
<quoted text>
actually iirc Spino said you are religious, so i wouldnt view that if i were you
actually i would
but im not you
so it doesnt matter
just click the link god damnit!
Ah, ok, so you're spinodontosaurus. Remember about cau, you britannic

Location hidden

#871 Nov 23, 2012
Altanative Al wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, ok, so you're spinodontosaurus. Remember about cau, you britannic
This is Crazy Fish, not Spinodon!

Altanative Al

Trento, Italy

#872 Nov 23, 2012
Pinky And Ze Brain wrote:
<quoted text>This is Crazy Fish, not Spinodon!
Ok, so he's spinodontosaurus. Thank you

Location hidden

#873 Nov 23, 2012
Altanative Al wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so he's spinodontosaurus. Thank you
No, he's not Spinodon. The guy posting from Penrith is Crazy Fish.
Altanative Al

Trento, Italy

#874 Nov 23, 2012
Pinky And Ze Brain wrote:
<quoted text>No, he's not Spinodon. The guy posting from Penrith is Crazy Fish.
Stop saying he's spinodon. I already got it
Pinky Minus The Brain

Lake Forest, CA

#875 Nov 23, 2012
Altanative Al wrote:
<quoted text>Stop saying he's spinodon. I already got it
HE ISN'T SPINODONTOSAURUS!!!!!!!!!!
Altanative Al

Cesano Maderno, Italy

#876 Nov 23, 2012
Pinky Minus The Brain wrote:
<quoted text>HE ISN'T SPINODONTOSAURUS!!!!!!!!!!
F--k, i didn't know you would mindlessly repeat he's spinodontosaurus so many times. Please, stop. I already know he's him, thank to you :)
dinosaur1000

Belrose, Australia

#877 Dec 14, 2012
spinosaurus because in the movie planet dinosaur the spino wins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giganotosaurus vs. T. rex (Apr '07) Jun 21 The Allosaurus 6,175
spinosaurus vs giganotosaurus (Dec '15) Jun 21 The Allosaurus 11
News Asteroid which destroyed dinosaurs 'wiped out n... Jun 20 Max 3
This is like Bungie.net with Dinosaurs. Jun 20 Spear 11
Predator X vs. Megalodon (Mar '09) Jun 18 Latif marku 854
News Posted: 1 hour agoComments (0)Albert Einstein o... Jun 15 Medewiwin 1
Spinosaurus vs. t-rex (Dec '07) Jun 14 Gawdzilla 5,822
More from around the web