Carcharodontosaurus VS Spinosaurus

Posted in the Dinosaur Forum

First Prev
of 63
Next Last
Fred

Gin Gin, Australia

#1 Aug 26, 2008
It seems that this is one of the only massive carnivore fights that may well of taken place, 95 million years ago in north africa.
I believe that Carcharodontosaurus would of definetly won. it was more muscular, possibly larger and was designed to hunt sauropods, compared to the weak fish-eating spinosaurus. perhaps spinosaurus not only had it's sail for sexual display but also to warn off a larger predator...carcharodontosaurus ? yes, i think so.
and so the here it is...Carnivore vs piscivore?

“One of many, yet he who is one”

Since: Jul 08

Live in Menasha, born in Cali

#2 Aug 26, 2008
The heavier and stronger Carcharodontosaurus would most likely triumph.
Rawrfish

San Francisco, CA

#3 Jul 5, 2009
I believe EVEN THOUGH SPINO HAS THE UPPER HAND IN SIZE, Carcharodontosaurus would have had the upper hand in muscle, bulk, bite force, and toughness. Spinosauruses or spinosauri or w/e would have a tough time clamping down its narrow and weak jaws on a carcharo's thick neck without losing quite a few teeth. Seeing as how a single bite from a carcharo can snap a spino's neck in two I believe carcharo would win.
spino vs rex XL

Liverpool, UK

#4 Jul 6, 2009
NO WAY couldcarcharodontosaurus snap spinos neck in half and recent studys suggest that spino could exert a powerfull bite.
Predator X

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#5 Jul 6, 2009
Spino vs rex XL, it indeed suggest Spino could exert a MEDIUM powerfull bite. Nothing compared to Carcharo. And what would do more damage, the pontly, slender and hollow teeth of Spinosaurus, or the blade like shark teeth made for cutting meat of Carcharodontosaurus? Spinosaurus is lighter build, not meant for killings LARGE animals (medium yes, but Carcharo IS NOT medium)
spino vs rex XL

Liverpool, UK

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Predator X wrote:
Spino vs rex XL, it indeed suggest Spino could exert a MEDIUM powerfull bite. Nothing compared to Carcharo. And what would do more damage, the pontly, slender and hollow teeth of Spinosaurus, or the blade like shark teeth made for cutting meat of Carcharodontosaurus? Spinosaurus is lighter build, not meant for killings LARGE animals (medium yes, but Carcharo IS NOT medium)
carcharo was more likely to not have had a strong bite because its teeth were thin and designed for slicing.spino's teeth may have LOOKED slender but in fact were quite thick but not as thick as rexs.and spinos teeth were certainly NOT hollow.also spinos bone may be light-weight but they were strong and add on the muscles,flesh,tendons and the skin you have a animal that weighs quite a lot.
AmateurwithaPhD

Ajax, Canada

#7 Jul 6, 2009
Carcharodontosaurus was shorter in length and height, but it could tear the Spino's throat out. Spino would have lost 9 times out of ten, but Carcharo would get pretty badly hurt trying to kill Spino.
Predator X

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#8 Jul 6, 2009
spino vs rex XL wrote:
<quoted text>
carcharo was more likely to not have had a strong bite because its teeth were thin and designed for slicing.spino's teeth may have LOOKED slender but in fact were quite thick but not as thick as rexs.and spinos teeth were certainly NOT hollow.also spinos bone may be light-weight but they were strong and add on the muscles,flesh,tendons and the skin you have a animal that weighs quite a lot.
Why is it so hard for you to accept that Spinosaurus is not the stongest dinosaur? Spinosaurus teeth were weaker then those of Carcharodontosaurus. And there is no evidence that Carcharodontosaurus had a weak bite force. Spinosaurus was very light build, fragile and a fish eater. It was an opportunist that hunted maybe SMALL to MEDIUM sized prey. Whiles Carcharo is nearly the same build as Giga, and hunted LARGE prey. They have no serrations, so they are not meant for killing large animals. Why won't you accept the facts?
spino vs rex XL

Liverpool, UK

#9 Jul 6, 2009
Predator X wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so hard for you to accept that Spinosaurus is not the stongest dinosaur? Spinosaurus teeth were weaker then those of Carcharodontosaurus. And there is no evidence that Carcharodontosaurus had a weak bite force. Spinosaurus was very light build, fragile and a fish eater. It was an opportunist that hunted maybe SMALL to MEDIUM sized prey. Whiles Carcharo is nearly the same build as Giga, and hunted LARGE prey. They have no serrations, so they are not meant for killing large animals. Why won't you accept the facts?
i didn't say it was the strongest.carcharo had teeth that were very thin so they could not resist a overly strong bite.its now my beleif that spino and carcharo both had a max bite of about 30,000 newtons (3 tons).

“Prepare to Die!!!!!”

Since: May 09

Bari, Italy

#10 Jul 6, 2009
CHARCARO OWNS, King of dinosaurs of the eastern hemisphere.
saad

UAE

#11 Jul 6, 2009
spinosaurs had a bite even weaker than allosaurus probably 1000 n is maximum.
Predator X

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#12 Jul 6, 2009
spino vs rex XL wrote:
<quoted text>
i didn't say it was the strongest.carcharo had teeth that were very thin so they could not resist a overly strong bite.its now my beleif that spino and carcharo both had a max bite of about 30,000 newtons (3 tons).
Yes, and Spinosaur' teeth were made for FISHING. Not killing big animals. HOW can a fisher kill an animal made for killings BIG stuff. Carcharo's teeth were not realy that thin. One Carcharo teeth had more mass then a Spino teeth. And Sharks bite bones in half as well, and they have thin teeth as well. Carcharodontosaurus is a killings machine and probably in the top 5 of most dangerous therapods.
spino vs rex XL

Liverpool, UK

#13 Jul 6, 2009
Predator X wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and Spinosaur' teeth were made for FISHING. Not killing big animals. HOW can a fisher kill an animal made for killings BIG stuff. Carcharo's teeth were not realy that thin. One Carcharo teeth had more mass then a Spino teeth. And Sharks bite bones in half as well, and they have thin teeth as well. Carcharodontosaurus is a killings machine and probably in the top 5 of most dangerous therapods.
well.crocs main diet is fish and small animals but also kill large ones.spinos jaws and teeth were almost identical to a crocs but were Slightly thinner.i am i no doubt that carcharo was a killing machine and was definatly in the top five:
1.tyrannosaurus rex
2.giganotosaurus
3.carcharodontosaurus
4.(joint)spinosaurus+allosauru s
Predator X

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#14 Jul 6, 2009
Spino's jaws are NOT identical to a croc's. It's WAY slender. Anyway, so your admitting Spino would lose this fight?

And I think T.rex, Giga and Carcharo were tied on no.1. T.rex and Giga are prity much equally dangerous in their own ways, and C.iguidensis is as large as Giga is. And I'm sure Mapusaurus and Tyrannotitan should be in this list as well.
spino vs rex XL

Liverpool, UK

#15 Jul 6, 2009
Predator X wrote:
Spino's jaws are NOT identical to a croc's. It's WAY slender. Anyway, so your admitting Spino would lose this fight?
And I think T.rex, Giga and Carcharo were tied on no.1. T.rex and Giga are prity much equally dangerous in their own ways, and C.iguidensis is as large as Giga is. And I'm sure Mapusaurus and Tyrannotitan should be in this list as well.
i didn't say its jaws were identical i merely said it was ALMOST but yeah they were slender.im not saying that spino would loose im saying that carcharo was better adapted to killing large animals.
Predator X

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#16 Jul 6, 2009
And thus has a better chance at killings Spinosaurus then the other way around. So Carcharo wins.
spino vs rex XL

Liverpool, UK

#17 Jul 7, 2009
Predator X wrote:
And thus has a better chance at killings Spinosaurus then the other way around. So Carcharo wins.
not all the time but 7/10 times so spino wins sometimes.
Big Al

Milan, Italy

#18 Jul 7, 2009
Carnosaurs and dromaeosauriNs were BRONTOPHAGOUS, dat means they were able 2 kill animals larger than themselves
http://theropoda.blogspot.com/2008/06/brontof...
Click on "translate about"
And actually spinosaurids jaws were more similar 2 gharial's jaws then 2 crocs' jaws
http://theropoda.blogspot.com/2008/10/biomecc...
http://ultrazionale.blogspot.com/2007/05/pesc...
Big Al

Milan, Italy

#19 Jul 7, 2009
However accordin 2 me Carcharodontosaurus was able 2 kill Spinosaurus due 2 its enormous jaws and enormous and wide mouth opening and teeth, but Spinosaurus was able 2 kill Carcharodontosaurus due 2 its huge size and huge arms
Predator X

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#20 Jul 7, 2009
Big Al, Spino's arms are useless in battle. There have been numerous debates on that. You even posted a link that proves your own statement wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iron Will (MLP) vs African Elephant 3 hr Kiryu 1
Crossover Face Off 11: Discord vs Daigoro 3 hr Kiryu2013 1
KD Match 56: Daigoro VS. Discord 3 hr Kiryu2013 1
Daigoro Vs Discord 4 hr Kiryu2012 1
Daigoro Vs. Discord (MLP) 4 hr Kiryu2012 1
News Dinosaurs among us 6 hr Burgess Austin 1
Crossover Shipping 56: Kovu x Fluttershy 6 hr Kiryu2012 1
More from around the web