Three Vs depictions.
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“'QUANDARY'”

Since: Oct 12

Cheshire UK

#1 Feb 6, 2013
We see this depiction of three conflicts through the eyes of an 18 month old T. Rex called Tyranna, who is seperated from his pack following an earth quake.

Part one: Quetzalcoatlus Vs Troodon.

Tyranna found himself alone on the beach of a great lake. The Earth tremors had ceased and the familiar sounds of the surrounding forest filled the air. Thirsty he took a drink from the cool softly lapping waters. Then crossing the narrow beach he settled in the shade, at the foot of an enormous tree. Its huge dark trunk topped by fern-like branches reaching thirty meters into the deep blue sky.
The gentle hum of insects, and cool breeze from the lake calmed him for a while, as he took in the panorama.

To his left a small group of ponderous Maiasaura, three meters high, wandered across the sand to slake their thirst. Even the infants were too large a prey for Tyranna.
As he watched, something blinked out the sun, and cocking his head to one side a huge Quetzalcoatlus plummeted down to glide swiftly across the water towards him. Its gaping beak scooping a wriggling fish, before it came to rest at the waters edge, not ten meters from his resting place.
Tyranna surveyed the creature devouring its meal, this also was too large for his limited predatory skills just yet.

Suddenly not three meters away a Troodon stepped into his vision, which eyed him inquisitively. Only sixty centimeters high it was a likely victim, and Tyranna's muscles tightened in responce to his intentions.

As Tyranna stole himself for an attack, another Troodon appeared, then another... And still another.
In moments there were eight or ten of them, bobbing their heads snorting snd sniffing. Their long tails swirling, and their three clawed fingers flexing in sharp grasping motions.
As Tyranna took another step from out of the shadows, the Troodons fell back. But as even more appeared, swelling their numbers, they came on again, threateningly.
Tyranna raised his head and gave out a youthful roar. The Troodons hesitated, it was a stand off.

From the waters edge came the Quetzalcoatlus, accompanied by two infants. While another adult, as large as the first, glided in. Folding its twelve meter wings it landed and came at a run.
The Troodons scattered, revealing a cluster of tiny squeeking babies.
In a heartbeat the two infant pterasaurs attacked the babies, but the adult Troodons re-grouped and sprang forward to protect.
The adult Quetzacoatlus waded in catching in their huge beaks a Troodon. Then savagely shaking their victims from side to side, smashed into the melee, dispersing the hissing snarling adults.

The Troodons flung themselves at their attackers, clinging to their wings, and necks, grasping, and biting furiously. The Quetzalcoatlus, releasing their dead victims, grabbed for another while their young turned and fled, each gripping a baby Troodon in their blooded beaks.
Tyranna joined the fray and quickly disposed of two of the hissing Troodons before he too was attacked. Three of them leapt upon his side and neck, their claws and bites were painful, sending him into a blind fury. He lashed his tail sweeping two of them, like leaves in the wind, into the air. Kicking out with his clawed feet, he ripped fatal gashes in the bodies of some and trampled one to death.

Abruptly the Troodons vanished. Leaving the battle ground covered with gore, blood soaked bodies, and clouds of humming insects.
As the scent of death filled the air, Tyranna stood alone facing two massive Quetzalcoatlus.

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

#2 Feb 6, 2013
Part two: T. Rex Vs Quetzalcoatlus.

Tyranna was hungry but hesitated as the two mighty reptiles sought to gather up the fresh meat. Even as he made the descision to snatch a carcass his movement was stilled. First by a huge shadow, followed moments later, by an ear splitting roar.
Both the Quetzalcoatlus froze, and raised their blood soaked beaks, filled with meat and surrounded by festinating insects. As suddenly a colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex stepped out from behind Tyranna onto the beach.
The forest fell into silence, even the cool breeze that stole up from the lake seemed to cease. Only the buz of insects and the steady heavy breathing of this massive beast, filled the sun baked air.
Without fear the Tyrannosaur approached the startled Quetzalcoatlus, who realized he was not out to scavenge but to make his own kill.

The male Quetzalcoatlus turned and began running towards the lake unfolding his huge leathery wings. But the female stood her ground, raising her head and stretching to full height she screeched out a piercing cry, and quivering her massive wings, slapped at the air loudly. Her instincts were to protect her babies, who came running toward her sensing danger.
The King of the saurians was an adolescent male, although curious at her display, he turned his attention to the movement of the fleeing Quetzalcoatlus, and set off in pursuit.
As the flying beast caught the air under its immense wings and began to lift off, the Tyrannosaurus, running behind, gripped its long tail in his flashing teeth. The sand beneath the feet of the Tyrannosaurus billowed into the air as he drew himself to a halt.
Instantly he was pulled forward off his feet as the Quetzalcoatlus was jerked to a mid air stall. They both tumbled to the ground in a glistening haze of dust, and debris.

The female Quetzalcoatlus took advantage of the passing danger and ushering her young urgently with alarm calls, unfurled her wings and pushing with her hind limbs launched herself into the air.
Tyranna, unresistant to instinct, spurred himself forward, at a run.
The young Quetzalcoatlus were quick to take flight, but Tyranna was quicker, leaping at least a meter he snatched one of the young out of mid air, firmly in his needle sharp teeth.
As the female Quetzalcoatlus, followed by her solitary young, headed out across the sparkling lake she sawed over the carnage that was her mate. The young Tyrannosaurus Rex had swiftly found his feet and had made short work of the crumpled male, stripping away the flesh with relish.

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

#3 Feb 6, 2013
Part three: Tryceratpos Vs T. Rex.

As both predators fed, in the calm that follows a kill, an ominous chorus of grunting began emanated from the forest.
Slowly from the shadows, a large herd of long horned beast were emerging into the glaring sunlight, headed by a massive bull Tryceratops. The bull came on in full view, before bellowing a loud warning cry, then lowering his head, raising a colossal shield, began pawing at the ground menacingly.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex, his chest splashed with blood and entrails hanging from gaping jaws, turned to face the interloper. Undaunted, he came forward and roared a challenge, but before its echoe faded the bull Tryceratops charged.
To Tyranna this was an awesome beast and even though it paid him no attention he stepped back ready to flee, as the huge animal thundered passed shaking the ground. Head down, shield up and long thick horns aiming directly at the sound of its enemy.
The Tyrannosaurus stood his ground till the last moment, then swiftly side stepped, intending to avoid his adversaries massive armour. But the Tryceratops caught the movement in the last seconds and turning his massive head, speared the Tyrannosaurus in the shoulder. A splash of blood and pieces of flesh exploded into the air, the force of the impact sending him reeling off his feet into the sand, roaring with pain.

The Tryceratops continued on before slowing and turning at the waters edge, snorting and swaying his head. As the Tyrannosaurus struggled to his feet the incensed gargantuan, only seconds away, was bearing down upon him in full charge once more.

Searing pain clouded the Tyrannosaurus's eyes, even as his instincts compelled him to run, he was struck.
Eight tons of flesh, muscle, and bone slammed into his side. A meter long horn sinking full length into his breast, the other, smashing against his hip bone,snapped off at the base and recoiled high into the air.
The collision brought the rampaging Tryceratops to a halt. He withdrew, pulling a blood soaked horn from the crumpled body.
Undetered by the loss of a horn, the massive beast snorted breathlessly as it nudged the unconscious body with its beak shaped mouth. Satisfied of his victory he called out loudly to his herd, and slowly turned towards the lake for a well earned drink.
Tyranna watched the formidable beast as it was followed, slowly and calmly by the twelve strong grunting, snuffling herd.
After their passing the Tyrannosaurus tried to rise, but with a hip bone shattered and losing blood profusely he lay disabled and in agony. His body still convulsing as half a dozen or so Dromaeosaurus, who had appeared from nowhere, began ripping at his living body with their sickle shaped foot claws and devouring his flesh ravenously, sealing his fate.
rexby

Honolulu, HI

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Well what's part 4?

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Part 4 Rexby Vs replies.
Rexby = in the hundreds.
Replies = 0
Evan

Farmington, CT

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Coprolite1 wrote:
Part three: Tryceratpos Vs T. Rex.
As both predators fed, in the calm that follows a kill, an ominous chorus of grunting began emanated from the forest.
Slowly from the shadows, a large herd of long horned beast were emerging into the glaring sunlight, headed by a massive bull Tryceratops. The bull came on in full view, before bellowing a loud warning cry, then lowering his head, raising a colossal shield, began pawing at the ground menacingly.
The Tyrannosaurus Rex, his chest splashed with blood and entrails hanging from gaping jaws, turned to face the interloper. Undaunted, he came forward and roared a challenge, but before its echoe faded the bull Tryceratops charged.
To Tyranna this was an awesome beast and even though it paid him no attention he stepped back ready to flee, as the huge animal thundered passed shaking the ground. Head down, shield up and long thick horns aiming directly at the sound of its enemy.
The Tyrannosaurus stood his ground till the last moment, then swiftly side stepped, intending to avoid his adversaries massive armour. But the Tryceratops caught the movement in the last seconds and turning his massive head, speared the Tyrannosaurus in the shoulder. A splash of blood and pieces of flesh exploded into the air, the force of the impact sending him reeling off his feet into the sand, roaring with pain.
The Tryceratops continued on before slowing and turning at the waters edge, snorting and swaying his head. As the Tyrannosaurus struggled to his feet the incensed gargantuan, only seconds away, was bearing down upon him in full charge once more.
Searing pain clouded the Tyrannosaurus's eyes, even as his instincts compelled him to run, he was struck.
Eight tons of flesh, muscle, and bone slammed into his side. A meter long horn sinking full length into his breast, the other, smashing against his hip bone,snapped off at the base and recoiled high into the air.
The collision brought the rampaging Tryceratops to a halt. He withdrew, pulling a blood soaked horn from the crumpled body.
Undetered by the loss of a horn, the massive beast snorted breathlessly as it nudged the unconscious body with its beak shaped mouth. Satisfied of his victory he called out loudly to his herd, and slowly turned towards the lake for a well earned drink.
Tyranna watched the formidable beast as it was followed, slowly and calmly by the twelve strong grunting, snuffling herd.
After their passing the Tyrannosaurus tried to rise, but with a hip bone shattered and losing blood profusely he lay disabled and in agony. His body still convulsing as half a dozen or so Dromaeosaurus, who had appeared from nowhere, began ripping at his living body with their sickle shaped foot claws and devouring his flesh ravenously, sealing his fate.
Awesome! But I have a question why did the triceratops attack the tyrannosaurus? Territory or did he feel threatened? Do you think herbivores like triceratops and stegosaurs attacked predators on sight?

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Evan wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome! But I have a question why did the triceratops attack the tyrannosaurus? Territory or did he feel threatened? Do you think herbivores like triceratops and stegosaurs attacked predators on sight?
I suggest both reasons, the T.Rex was a threat and was between him and his herd, and the water.
PredatorX

Kent, WA

#8 Feb 6, 2013
Evan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think threatend.Not on sight.
Evan

Farmington, CT

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest both reasons, the T.Rex was a threat and was between him and his herd, and the water.
Okay I have another question, do you think triceratops' horns could grow back?

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Evan wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I have another question, do you think triceratops' horns could grow back?
I would assume so.
(were you peeking on IP just now?)
Evan

Farmington, CT

#11 Feb 6, 2013
Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would assume so.
What IP?
Evan

Farmington, CT

#12 Feb 6, 2013
Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would assume so.
Oh, I registered for imperial palace but I keep getting an error code

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

#13 Feb 6, 2013
Evan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have a word with Tommy, the Admin.
PredatorX

Kent, WA

#14 Feb 6, 2013
Evan wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I.

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

#15 Feb 6, 2013
PredatorX wrote:
<quoted text>So do I.
There's no answer to that Pred'...

Seriously, I'll have a word..
Evan

Farmington, CT

#16 Feb 6, 2013
Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no answer to that Pred'...
Seriously, I'll have a word..
This is the exact message:

Error:
You can not view this board
Error Code: 1003:6003401

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

#17 Feb 6, 2013
Evan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the exact message:
Error:
You can not view this board
Error Code: 1003:6003401
This could mean you are awaiting validation, there could be some delay there coz the Admin has just changed hands, I'll check it out...
Evan

Farmington, CT

#18 Feb 6, 2013
Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This could mean you are awaiting validation, there could be some delay there coz the Admin has just changed hands, I'll check it out...
Okay, thanks for helping
DinoRex

Honolulu, HI

#19 Feb 6, 2013
Im changing my name to DinoRex.
DinoRex

Honolulu, HI

#20 Feb 6, 2013
First name: Honolulu zoo turte

Second name: rexby BFFA

Third name: rexby

Forth name: DinoRex

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fluttershy x Sweetie Belle | Sweetie Belle and ... 18 hr Kiryu2013 1
Sweetie Belle and Fluttershy - The Are Like Kis... 18 hr Kiryu2012 1
Sweetie Belle and Fluttershy - The Say Goodbye ... 18 hr Kiryu2013 1
MLP Battles 12: Discord vs Fluttershy 18 hr Kiryu2012 1
The Only Of Characters 26: Discord vs. Fluttershy 18 hr Kiryu2012 1
The Best Wars 14: Discord Vs. Fluttershy 18 hr Kiryu2012 1
The Villains vs. Heroes are Characters 6: Disco... 18 hr Kiryu2012 1
More from around the web