Were Dinosaurs Preyed Upon Giant Sea ...

Were Dinosaurs Preyed Upon Giant Sea Creatures?

Posted in the Dinosaur Forum

PredatorX

Pasco, WA

#1 Feb 4, 2013
If you guys are unaware.Iv'e seen a program claiming giant creatures like Liopleurodon snatching a carnivore like Allosaurus.Did you think this happened?
Tyrannosaurus rex

Chennai, India

#2 Feb 4, 2013
lipleroudon was actually smaller than allosaurus but yeah ive seen documenteries where hadrasours get preyd upon by giant crocodiles.

“BOOMER WILL LIVE”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 4, 2013
PredatorX wrote:
If you guys are unaware.Iv'e seen a program claiming giant creatures like Liopleurodon snatching a carnivore like Allosaurus.Did you think this happened?
Sounds to me like the Walking With Dinosaurs episode 'Cruel Sea' which depicted a ludicrously large 'Liopleurodon'. It did at one point eat a Eustreptospondylus, which is probably what you are think of.

But I think no. It would take weird circumstances for either of them to be anywhere near close enough to each other for such a thing to occur.
Even if they encountered I still doubt it unless the dinosaur was swimming. Then a large pliosaurid or mosasaurid could kill and eat the dinosaur.

I find the other way around more likely. Small or young marine reptiles being picked off in shallow water by large theropods (spinosaurids in particular, due to their semi-aquatic habits) sounds realistic enough to me.
PredatorX

United States

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Spinodontosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like the Walking With Dinosaurs episode 'Cruel Sea' which depicted a ludicrously large 'Liopleurodon'. It did at one point eat a Eustreptospondylus, which is probably what you are think of.
But I think no. It would take weird circumstances for either of them to be anywhere near close enough to each other for such a thing to occur.
Even if they encountered I still doubt it unless thedinosaur was swimming. Then a large pliosaurid or mosasaurid could kill and eat the dinosaur.
I find the other way around more likely. Small or young marine reptiles being picked off in shallow water by large theropods (spinosaurids in particular, due to their semi-aquatic habits) sounds realistic enough to me.
Sounds true.But why wouldn't dare to attack?Moasaurids were pretty light built(including the large ones)but yet your right.Although herbivores leave scent marks within their territory.So if they have a powerful scent how could the water bring it off?That is a question you will answer.
PredatorX

United States

#5 Feb 4, 2013
Spinodontosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
It would take weird circumstances.
Scent marks?
rexby

Honolulu, HI

#6 Feb 4, 2013
liopuerodons preyed on alloosaurus. dienosuchus/sarcosuchus preyed on theropods/sauropods/hadrosaurs . pliosaurus funkie(predator X) preyed on dromeosaurs/allosaurs/pterosau rs. elasmosaurus/plesiosaurus/loch ness monster/mauisaurus preyed on pterosaurs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did T rex have a poisonous bite? (Nov '09) 11 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 52
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) Tue spinosaurus baryonyx 134
Tyrannosaurus height May 25 Paleoman 1
News Meteorite minerals offer clues to Earth extinct... (Sep '13) May 24 Guru 2
News The dinosaur display, with cash, at the Beijing... May 20 Alan Detrich 1
why isn't the theory pterodactyl and raptor? May 14 spinosaurus baryonyx 2
kaiju arena of doom and-friendship!? (Sep '14) May 13 spinosaurus baryonyx 48
More from around the web