Predator X and Liopleurodon. Are they possibly the same species?

Posted in the Dinosaur Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
cypress brake

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

If not, what are the differences?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, just a beginner here.
Big Al

Milan, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

Dat's not a stupid qustion, i dont even know their differences XD
Maybe da same genus, but i dont think da same species
Big Al

Milan, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

Dat's not a stupid qustion, dont worry LOL
I dont even know theiry differences, except da obvious one, da size LOL
But i dont think they could be da same SPECIES, maybe da same genus
Predator X

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

Who knows. The size of X is supposed to be larger then that of Liopleurodon. Maybe a big individual? Or just a new deadlier predator.
Big Al

Milan, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

@predator x
If predator x is discovered 2 be a liopleurodon, u should change ur name into liopleurodon XD

“C'mon bro, I got TIGER BLOOD”

Since: Apr 09

IN UPENDI!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

I don't know about that.... going by that, sometime soon I might have to change my name to *gasp* Pachycephalosaurus.

Other than that, I think paleontologists are a little to gracious in handing out new names. Minor variations in the skull and vertebrae are not enough to distinguish between genera. Of course, Linaean taxonomy utterly skews our view of evolution.

“Titan Predator Of Africa”

Since: Aug 09

Basildon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2009

Big Al wrote:
@predator x
If predator x is discovered 2 be a liopleurodon, u should change ur name into liopleurodon XD
lol.

“Titan Predator Of Africa”

Since: Aug 09

Basildon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2009

i agree with big al.
Big Al

Milan, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2009

Stygimoloch wrote:
I don't know about that.... going by that, sometime soon I might have to change my name to *gasp* Pachycephalosaurus.
Other than that, I think paleontologists are a little to gracious in handing out new names. Minor variations in the skull and vertebrae are not enough to distinguish between genera. Of course, Linaean taxonomy utterly skews our view of evolution.
Did u read this, is it?
http://translate.google.com/translate... |en&tbb=1&ie=utf-8

“C'mon bro, I got TIGER BLOOD”

Since: Apr 09

IN UPENDI!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2009

Ci, I've read it.
Tomi Nathan

Chennai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

You've just called on Tomi Nathan,an expert.

Liopleurodon - Size - 60 feet,75 - 112 feet for rare elders above a hundred years old.Bite force-around the same as a Predator X(16 tons).Prey-Shark,Ophthalmosaur us,Squid,Ammonites,small plesiosaurs.Weight - 25-150 tons.
Teeth - 12 inches or a foot long.

Predator X - Size - 45 feet.Bite force- Almost 17 tons.Prey - Small plesiosaurs.Weight-50 tonnes.

But these two lived in different places,and the Lio was in British Channel in around 150,000,000 years ago.Maybe The Predator X is related in the way that the lio had to devolve to survive the icy waters of svalbard to which it migrated.As for claims that Liopleurodon's size, I think bbc is right in saying that it was 82 feet long.Because a pliosaurs skull was 1/6th of it's body length.And they've got a 16 foot skull for proof.Well, 16 times 6 is around 90 odd.So there!
anonymous

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

species dont often devolve. larger species go extinct and the smaller ones that no one payed any attention to suddenly are the noticed ones. lio was the dominant preadtor for a while, as cymbospondyllus was before in the triassic. species dont only die out in the end of a period. its almost like the people who think that dinosaurs came out of the bacterial ooze instead of ediacarans (for those of you who dont know what those are, look up charnia and spriggina). and then the follow up from that is that we descended from dinosaurs instead of mammal like reptiles. so there are three possibilities for lio/ pred x, one, pred x evolved into lio, two, pred x is a juvenile lio and lio is much more far spread than we thought, and three, pred x was in fact no where near lio so they were completely separate species, pred x is given way to large a reputation and lio still holds dominant predator for a little while. PS stay tuned for tylosaurus 14 meters long, prey fish, pliosaurs, plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs, squid, hesperonis, and turtles the size of cars. next on deadliest creature- the prehistoric version of deadliest warrior lol.
Edaphosaurus

Saint Albans, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Predator x is know called Pliosaurus Funkei. A preliminary study estimated that it was 15metres but after much scrutiny this number was reduced to 10-12metres. However, this is still larger than Liopleurodon which has been estimated to be 6-7metres.
anonymous

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

alright then tomi nathan's comment was wrong. but i stand my ground. species don't devolve it simply does not happen, they adapt to changes and gain new adaptions with every change.

“"I am error"”

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Tomi Nathan wrote:
You've just called on Tomi Nathan,an expert.
Liopleurodon - Size - 60 feet,75 - 112 feet for rare elders above a hundred years old.Bite force-around the same as a Predator X(16 tons).Prey-Shark,Ophthalmosaur us,Squid,Ammonites,small plesiosaurs.Weight - 25-150 tons.
Teeth - 12 inches or a foot long.
Predator X - Size - 45 feet.Bite force- Almost 17 tons.Prey - Small plesiosaurs.Weight-50 tonnes.
But these two lived in different places,and the Lio was in British Channel in around 150,000,000 years ago.Maybe The Predator X is related in the way that the lio had to devolve to survive the icy waters of svalbard to which it migrated.As for claims that Liopleurodon's size, I think bbc is right in saying that it was 82 feet long.Because a pliosaurs skull was 1/6th of it's body length.And they've got a 16 foot skull for proof.Well, 16 times 6 is around 90 odd.So there!
Clearly if you believe those Liopleurodon stats you can't call yourself an "expert"...
Doctor Facepalm

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Liopleurodon wasn't sixty feet long, more like thirty.

“official chess Grand master”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

they are the same, they didn't evolve into another, they didn't devolve, I mean who calls a dinosaur or prehistoric animal predator x, it's of cause a nickname so they are the same. I am sick and tired of hearing "t-rex evolved into that and spiny evolved into that, shut up, evolution is a lie!!!

If hear one more person saying he evolved into that and he evolved from that, I will become the worst troll you never imagine, but off topic now They're the same, finish and done with
Edaphosaurus

Saint Albans, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
they are the same, they didn't evolve into another, they didn't devolve, I mean who calls a dinosaur or prehistoric animal predator x, it's of cause a nickname so they are the same. I am sick and tired of hearing "t-rex evolved into that and spiny evolved into that, shut up, evolution is a lie!!!
If hear one more person saying he evolved into that and he evolved from that, I will become the worst troll you never imagine, but off topic now They're the same, finish and done with
You could never be the worst troll yet. And Predator x is now Pliosaurus Funkei

“'QUANDARY'”

Since: Oct 12

Cheshire UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
Just some friendly advice.
You are in no position to make demands, this is an open forum for open discussion.

If you don't like that, troll away son.
I'll be right here!!!
________lol_____ ___

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Doctor Facepalm wrote:
Liopleurodon wasn't sixty feet long, more like twenty.
FTFY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Dinosaur Forum right now

Search the Dinosaur Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I moved 3 hr Coprolite1 11
What's Your Favorite Dinosaur Documentary? (Apr '12) 7 hr Bob 54
Eat poop, Oase Fanboy 11 hr Coprolite1 4
Allo and Giga VS T.Rex and Alberto 11 hr Prehistory 5
Ultimate Fight Scenario (Jun '12) 11 hr Prehistory 12
Megalodon VS 3 Orcas (Sep '08) 17 hr Prehistory 8
Acrocanthosaurus vs Mapusaurus vs Carcharodonto... (Apr '12) 19 hr Bsutton 21
•••
•••