Friends
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Why don't we all be friends and respect each others beliefs. We might disagree with many things, but that's life, not everyone is always going to agree with you.

Stop making religious threads, and start turning this into a dinosaur forum, and instead of arguing, let's just all give our opinions, because remember, even if most people agree with you, not everyone is going to agree with you.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 10, 2013
I don't have that many problems with Christians, as long as they aren't extremely fanatical and they accept modern scientific theories, such as evolution.

BTW, I forgot to answer your question, the one you sent me on PM.

The fact that we have two arms and two legs is certainly not the only thing humans and apes have in common. Our circulatory, respiratory, digestive, and skeletal systems are all similar to those of apes.

And with the land pig evolving into a whale, what happened is that the pig, which originally lived solely on land, began living a more aquatic style, it slowly started to develop fins which gradually replaced its terrestrial limbs. Its lungs also developed to suit its needs when diving underwater. Eventually, you get a whale.

I know how you feel. When I first heard of the idea of evolution, I though it was nothing but incoherent drivel. But I learned more about the theory and it later made sense to me.

I don't care what you believe, but before you criticize that scientific theory then please try getting a better insight into it. Who knows? Maybe once you understand the concept you may start believing in it.

OK.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Please don't argue on what I'm saying but I would never believe in evolution, but perhaps evolution is right, but for certain I know we didn't evolve from apes.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Please don't argue on what I'm saying but I would never believe in evolution, but perhaps evolution is right, but for certain I know we didn't evolve from apes.
So if they prove evolution, then you would believe it, correct?

Right now it has lots of evidence behind it but still hasn't been completely proven.

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 11, 2013
I'm already everyones friend aren't i?

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#6 Jan 11, 2013
Paleoworld-101 wrote:
i'm not quite sure because lot of people were arguing over you in thethread called who is the dumbest?
i am addicted to caffeine

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jan 11, 2013
Paleoworld-101 wrote:
No, not really.

Also, evolution is PROVEN. There is a difference between a theory and a SCIENTIFIC theory.

A theory is when, say there's been a murder and someone has an idea about who killed the victim. It MIGHT be true because it's backed up by some evidence(A credible theory is, at least), but it's NOT conclusively proven and it could be completely wrong.

Here is a scientific theory:

a scientific theory is a tested and expanded hypothesis that explains many experiments and fits ideas together in a framework. If anyone finds a case where all or part of a scientific theory is false, then that theory is either changed or thrown out.

Although we can't witness evolution among most creatures, it's already happened in bacteria and such.

There's also the case of the peppered moth.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_mot...

BY the way, you know what's also a theory? Gravity. Gravity's also a theory.

Location hidden

#8 Jan 11, 2013
i am addicted to caffeine wrote:
Also, evolution is PROVEN. There is a difference between a theory and a SCIENTIFIC theory.
What I meant to say is that there are some things we don't understand about it, but yes, it has been proven.
A theory is when, say there's been a murder and someone has an idea about who killed the victim. It MIGHT be true because it's backed up by some evidence(A credible theory is, at least), but it's NOT conclusively proven and it could be completely wrong.
Some people justify those kinds of things by saying "It was God's will". Now that's just freaking heterosexual!
Here is a scientific theory:
a scientific theory is a tested and expanded hypothesis that explains many experiments and fits ideas together in a framework. If anyone finds a case where all or part of a scientific theory is false, then that theory is either changed or thrown out.
Precisely. Science has also tested that caffeine can have bad effects on you. So please don't get addicted to it!
Although we can't witness evolution among most creatures, it's already happened in bacteria and such.
Even creationists can't deny the fact that evolution has been observed in various prokaryotic life forms. Admit it Carchar king.
There's also the case of the peppered moth.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_mot...
The peppered moth is awesome!
BY the way, you know what's also a theory? Gravity. Gravity's also a theory.
And yet we don't see creationists trying to disprove gravity. I wonder why?
No, not really.
Why not? Settle your differences, what is past is past! Get over it!
PredatorAPEX1

Kent, WA

#9 Jan 11, 2013
Evolution is real in my opinion.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 11, 2013
PredatorAPEX1 wrote:
Evolution is real in my opinion.
FACT, not opinion.
Rexby

Honolulu, HI

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Oh yes, evolution is real, god is fake but I didn't mean to insult you cachar king. Please stop calling me dumb. I am everybody's friend, AM I? please say yes.
Nathan

Japan

#12 Jan 11, 2013
I think I made enough trouble in this forum
let's respect each other's opinion and talk about SCIENCE, OK?
by the way, I'm not a japanese girl
my new name is Dinokiller1997

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#13 Jan 11, 2013
But just remember, scientists do make mistakes, and evolution might of been their biggest one.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
But just remember, scientists do make mistakes, and evolution might of been their biggest one.
Then again, they may have been correct the whole time.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#15 Jan 11, 2013
Rexby wrote:
Oh yes, evolution is real, god is fake but I didn't mean to insult you cachar king. Please stop calling me dumb. I am everybody's friend, AM I? please say yes.
Now, who said god is fake.

It's scientifically proven that god exists. There's lots of evidence, but you people don't bother to look it up, the first thing you see with evidence backing it up you believe.

I have 1 reason at the moment of why most people are Christian, because it has the most evidence, than any other god which other religions are trying to scientifically prove but would never.

Instead of being lazy, we can all try looking up god and give it a try, and one look up won't hurt would it.

Since: Jan 13

Japan

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
what do you mean??

Location hidden

#17 Jan 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, who said god is fake.
It's scientifically proven that god exists. There's lots of evidence, but you people don't bother to look it up, the first thing you see with evidence backing it up you believe.
I have 1 reason at the moment of why most people are Christian, because it has the most evidence, than any other god which other religions are trying to scientifically prove but would never.
Instead of being lazy, we can all try looking up god and give it a try, and one look up won't hurt would it.
And did you know that the Big Bang theory has also been scientifically proven? Why don't you believe in it then?
rexby

Honolulu, HI

#18 Jan 11, 2013
scientists diccovered giant crocodiles, and here are the top 5 biggest crocodiles. 5.ramphosuchus 4. mourasuchus 3.sarcosuchus 2.dienosuchus 1.purussaurus

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#19 Jan 11, 2013
Pinky And Ze Brain wrote:
<quoted text>And did you know that the Big Bang theory has also been scientifically proven? Why don't you believe in it then?
Very good question, but I have 2answers for that

1. People only started believing the big bang when it was scientifically proven, but god was believed before he was even scientifically proven.

2. The big bang may have been created by god.
Rexby

Honolulu, HI

#20 Jan 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good question, but I have 2answers for that
1. People only started believing the big bang when it was scientifically proven, but god was believed before he was even scientifically proven.
2. The big bang may have been created by god.
god may have been real. Let's respect eachother's beliefs. I have 3 answers for your answers.

1. God may have been real.

2. Before the big bang, nothing was knowable to science.

3. Before the big bang, space was just a bunch of stars and moons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spinosaurus would easily beat T rex in a fight (Jun '14) 13 hr Corny 353
Poll Tyrannosaurus Rex vs Albertosaurus vs Tarbosaur... (Jun '11) Thu T-rex_Rules 66
Spinosaurus vs. t-rex (Dec '07) Wed YABOIIJAKE 5,865
Lion vs tiger (Oct '11) Jan 17 Tiger prawn 255
Liopleurodon V.S. Mosasaurus (Mar '09) Jan 17 Tiger prawn 103
Liopleurodon vs Tylosaurus (Nov '08) Jan 17 Tiger prawn 49
Protoceratops was probably an omnivore. Jan 16 T-rex_Rules 3
More from around the web