who is smarter spinosaurus or t.rex?
Edaphosaurus

Belvedere, UK

#21 Apr 29, 2012
Zero Percent Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>You sure?
Exactly. Most of us go under an animal name, so how do you know I'm not a prehistoric reptile???
mapusaurus rex

Pottstown, PA

#22 Apr 29, 2012
Edaphosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Most of us go under an animal name, so how do you know I'm not a prehistoric reptile???
because things that r prehistoric died out along time ago...
Edaphosaurus

Belvedere, UK

#23 Apr 29, 2012
mapusaurus rex wrote:
<quoted text>
Or are they...

“'SPOT' The Diplodocus”

Since: Feb 12

Cheshire UK

#24 Apr 29, 2012
Zero Percent Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>You sure?
No, not really, lol

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#25 May 6, 2012
Intelligence = Ability to reason.
Now going by this definition of intelligence, the one we are familiar with (other definitions serve only to dance around), it is quite possible that tyrannosaurus was the more intelligent of the 2 seeing that its brain was probably larger in proportion and both Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus are giant theropods.(thus, the tiny mammal vs human argument tends to be less valid, as there's less of a difference in the design, brain size required, blah blah blah)

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#26 May 6, 2012
mapusaurus rex wrote:
<quoted text>
Coelacanth,Natuiloid,....are prehistoric
Spino

Philippines

#27 May 28, 2012
I think spinosaurus is smarter than giganotosaurus because the brain of a giganotosaurus is a size of a banana.

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#28 May 28, 2012
Spino wrote:
I think spinosaurus is smarter than giganotosaurus because the brain of a giganotosaurus is a size of a banana.
And what's the brain size of Spinosaurus?None,there is no skull to scan and we are not talking about G.carolinii here.

“1337-9001”

Since: Jul 11

Just south of the South Pole

#29 May 28, 2012
Both have brains of dirt. They go by instinct.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#30 May 28, 2012
No, not completely. They certainly don't have "brains of dirt". Contrary to popular belief, dinosaurs were not actually stupid! Old myths die hard though, so it's rather understandable.
If they went completely by instinct, this would render the notion that one of them is more intelligent completely void, as they would both be the effective equivalent of ants, and at the same level.
However, seeing that the closest modern relatives (crocodiles and birds) of dinosaurs today aren't dumb, why should we think dinosaurs to be as well?
Dino lover

West Palm Beach, FL

#31 Mar 1, 2013
I think that spinosaurs is smart cause it know how to snap a T. rex neck in Jurassic park and its awsome

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#32 Mar 1, 2013
They were both intelligent, but I think T. rex was smarter, anyways it was awesome how he twisted that neck.
GAYtrollRex

Honolulu, HI

#33 Mar 1, 2013
Spinosaurus vs cacharodontosaurus vs giganotosaurus vs T.Rex

Who will win?

results:
1)spinosaurus
2)T.Rex
3)cacharodontosaurus
4) giganotosaurus
jhet77

Richmond, Canada

#34 Apr 1, 2013
Actually a T.Rex had a large brain and was one of the smartest dinosaurs alive.Reaserch says it was as smart as a house cat.
Qackydontus

Morden, UK

#35 Nov 21, 2015
GAYtrollRex wrote:
Spinosaurus vs cacharodontosaurus vs giganotosaurus vs T.Rex
Who will win?
results:
1)spinosaurus
2)T.Rex
3)cacharodontosaurus
4) giganotosaurus
spinosaurus looses, it hunts fish, NOT other dinosaurs
Qackydontus

Morden, UK

#36 Nov 21, 2015
each dinosaur is smart in its own way
Person 1

Tallmadge, OH

#37 Nov 22, 2015
What kind of debate is this? Just look at the brain models of Spinosaurs and T. rex ( we don't have spinos cranium but we do have the enough of suchomimus's skull to tell brain size/structure to a certain extent). T. rex has the upper hand on almost all aspects of brain power including hearing ( auditory cortex), sight ( optical lobe), smell (olfactory bulb), though/strategy (cerebral cortex), etc... Is this really an arguement?
CarnoCrockSail26

Ankeny, IA

#38 Jan 8, 2016
We might agree that it is the T- rex but that is because most of us think that the T-rex is cooler because when we were around that age when the T- rex was the strongest and biggest. but we live in a new era where the Spinosaurus Aegyptaicus is now the biggest dinosaur. Not the smartest but the biggest.
P.S.
The Gigantosaurus is a group hunter and might be smarter.
CarnoCrockSail26

Ankeny, IA

#39 Jan 8, 2016
jhet77 wrote:
Actually a T.Rex had a large brain and was one of the smartest dinosaurs alive.Reaserch says it was as smart as a house cat.
My cat jumps into walls
CarnoCrockSail26

Ankeny, IA

#40 Jan 8, 2016
Qackydontus wrote:
<quoted text>
spinosaurus looses, it hunts fish, NOT other dinosaurs
That is what makes it adaptable it can avoid other dinosaurs
but when low on fish it hunted for land prey if needed and their were many big carnivores and little
herbivores making it to where it fights Carcharodontosaurus for food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinosaur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyrannosaurus vs Giganotosaurus vs Spinosaurus (Jul '09) 9 hr Heathen 2,059
European Jaguar talk Sun 1def-ghd 1
Suchomimus vs T-rex (Dec '12) Sat Venatrix8 36
Carnotaurus vs. Allosaurus (Feb '09) May 28 Ayub54 377
10 most dangerous therapods. (Aug '09) May 27 Livero Alvieri 173
Raptor (dromaeosaurid) hand placement? May 26 KeeganKuhn 1
utahraptor vs gigantoraptor May 26 love dinosaurs ma... 1
More from around the web