dinosaur1000

Point Clare, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

I like t rex and spinosaurus so I dont want any of them to fight.
Tyrannofanboy

Pocono Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

spinosaurus because it was bigger and in jurassic park 3 spinosaurus wins.
Size does not matter
Tyrannofanboy

Pocono Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Oh wait I messed up I didn't mean that.
Spino guy

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

shut up about T-rexhis no king his a amateur
dinosaur1000

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Spinosaurus because in jurassic park 3 spinosaurus wins.
Dino-expert2000

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SpinoSapien1995 wrote:
Tyrannosaurus- Strong Jaws
Big Head
Heavy Body
Tiny Arms
Fearsome Predator
Spinosaurus- Strong,Crocodile-Like Jaws
Long Arms
Fast Moving Therapod
Heavy Body
Largest Land Carnivore
Able To Swim
Winner: Spinosaurus (Or King Spinosaurus Rex!)
While I do agree with Spinosaurus having powerful jaws and strong arms, Spinosaurus or Tyrannosaurus Rex wouldn't win in each others environment. T-Rex would have problems trying to get to Spinosaurus in swamps or lakes, giving Spino and advantage. Spinosaurus would find it hard to run in heavily forested areas where T-Rex lives giving T-Rex and advantage. It doesn't always depend on weaponry. It also depends on where they're fighting.
Dino-expert2000

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

dinosaur1000 wrote:
spinosaurus because it was bigger and in jurassic park 3 spinosaurus wins.
I'm sorry to say but Jurassic Park /// wasn't completely right. Spinosaurus is a great challenge for a T-Rex but since the sub-adult T-Rex got the first bite out of Spinosaurus, Spino would die later on because of the bacteria that thrive in T-Rex's mouth. And also, size isn't everything in a dinosaur battle.
Spino guy

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

You people speak nonsense.A T-rex only had bacteria in it's mouth when it is a child not adult.
Spino guy

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Here's questions for you guys. How long did T-rex grow,How long was Spinosaurus?How heavy was T-rex?How heavy was spino?Who is more intillegent spino or T-rex.How long did it take for T-rex to grow full size?How fast was T-rex?How fast was Spinosaurus
Reality

North English, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

T.rex grew very quickly, and achieved an average adult size of ~6 tons and 12 meters in about 18-20 years. Tyranno put on about 1500 pounds a year at peak growth rates. Tyrannosaurus, based on the most recent research probably could get up to around 18 mph. Tyrannosaurus was probably a bit smarter than Spinosaurus, and also a bit faster.

Spinosaurus was likely around 17 meters long on average, and roughly 14 tons in weight. Spino probably maxed out at 12-15 mph. Spinosaurus was quite a bit stronger and larger than Tyrannosaurus, and in my opinion would win the majority of fights between the two.
Spino guy

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I just think not for sure that spinosaurus weighted 5-8t, but besides that very good answer
Spino guy

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

one more question,how tall was spinosaurus and T-rex
GANGNAM STYLE

Bagumbayan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Spino would tackle rex and snap its neck tearing blood as the t rex stood and tossed the spino and kicked it like a soccerball as the spino kicked the t rex in the face as it SHREDDS!!!! Its heart
GANGNAM STYLE

Bagumbayan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

ABSTAIN
Reality

North English, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Spino guy wrote:
one more question,how tall was spinosaurus and T-rex
At the hip, Tyrannosaurus was about 3.8 meters tall, and Spinosaurus was about 5 meters. Just to be clear, Spinosaurus was much heavier than 5-8 tons, the absolute minimum would be 9-10 tons.
Spino guy

Somerset West, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Spinosaurus weighed 8t maybe 9t maximum nowhere close to 14t

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

9 tons about the size of the average T.rex, the largest could be 13 tons or more thanks to the T.rex growth rate and the new dinosaur mass study

Spinosaurus should be about 14 tons thanks to the dinosaur mass study alone. I forgot the link but Mattking have it, it's in some of the older topics.

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Reality wrote:
T.rex grew very quickly, and achieved an average adult size of ~6 tons and 12 meters in about 18-20 years. Tyranno put on about 1500 pounds a year at peak growth rates. Tyrannosaurus, based on the most recent research probably could get up to around 18 mph. Tyrannosaurus was probably a bit smarter than Spinosaurus, and also a bit faster.
Spinosaurus was likely around 17 meters long on average, and roughly 14 tons in weight. Spino probably maxed out at 12-15 mph. Spinosaurus was quite a bit stronger and larger than Tyrannosaurus, and in my opinion would win the majority of fights between the two.
The T.rex growth rate study(T.rex growth rate dynamics or something like that increased Sue's weight to nearly 9 tons). MOR 008 has a skull 8% bigger than Sue, it was likely 10 tons, C.rex (MoR 1126) had a toe bone 10% bigger than Sue it was likely nearly 11 tons, UCMP 137538 has a toe bone 10% bigger than C.rex it was likely nearly 13 tons. UCMP 118742 was Sue sized but it was 16 years old when it died, Sue was 28 when it died the growth rate suggest another 13 ton T.rex, MOR 009 was 10.8-11.1 m but it was 10 years old, it would be 13 tons if it did grew to adult size.
Sue was about 12.3-12.8 m, MOR 008 was likely 13 m, C.rex and F.rex (MOR 1124) would be 13.5-14 m. UCMP 137538 would be 16 m, MOR 009 and UCMP 118742 would also be 16 m if they grew up keep in mind these estimates are conservative and cartillage research increases 5% length for all theropods keep doing the math.
Spinosaurus ranged from 13-18m we have no idea how big it is because of the fragmentary remains, it's relatives only offers a little clue but scaling up a related genus make the information very unreliable even subspecies have different body proportions, a genus is a long way up, we have to find more materials to work with. Size does come with strength, if Spinosaurus was 17 m long it would be stronger but it's bite force is puny compared to T.rex nor was it more agile, Sue was 4 m at the hips, about 5.5 m at the top head, the giant spcimens I mentioned were much larger, Considering Spinosaurus's giant claws was it's only effective weapon,like all theropods it was slung below the body and has a limited range of movement Spinosaurus could barely fend off a charging T.rex sinc the arms were too short to slash T.rex's face It coud reach the body but I'd have to get through a massive skull with the bite force of more than 9 tons first.
T.rex has advantages in agility, biteforce, vision, smell and Spinosaurus size is no longer overwhelming T.rex would win most of the time.
Spino guy

Somerset West, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Balaur wrote:
9 tons about the size of the average T.rex, the largest could be 13 tons or more thanks to the T.rex growth rate and the new dinosaur mass study
Spinosaurus should be about 14 tons thanks to the dinosaur mass study alone. I forgot the link but Mattking have it, it's in some of the older topics.
T-rex weighed 8t maximum spinosaurus weighed 9 or 10t maximum not close to 14

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,161 - 4,180 of5,345
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Dinosaur Forum right now

Search the Dinosaur Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dinosaur Vs Prehistoric Mammals (Aug '09) 12 hr Prehistory 32
Dinosaurs and Viruses (Oct '06) 16 hr Coprolite1 12
Utahraptor vs Ceratosaurus (Mar '10) 16 hr Coprolite1 13
What can beat 999 Charcoles Megaladon? 16 hr Coprolite1 2
What's Your Favorite Dinosaur Documentary? (Apr '12) 16 hr Coprolite1 57
Cows = MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKS (Sep '13) 16 hr Coprolite1 5
I moved 16 hr Coprolite1 14
•••
•••