SAP to crunch and sell carriers' data...

SAP to crunch and sell carriers' data on mobile use

There are 1 comment on the ComputerWorld story from May 22, 2013, titled SAP to crunch and sell carriers' data on mobile use. In it, ComputerWorld reports that:

Mobile operators collect huge amounts of data about how their subscribers use mobile data, and that information is starting to go on sale as targeted intelligence that enterprises can use to better reach consumers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ComputerWorld.

Since: Oct 08

Corfu, NY

#1 May 22, 2013
And why shouldn't they? According to the junk mail I receive, the local health care providers, groomer, workers' comp board, social security and the IRS sell my 'personal info' to target sales.

Telemarketers, even those on the no-call list, have no respect. I stopped being civil years ago. If the caller ID is an obvious marketer/surveyor I answer and hangup all in one click. If I don't recognize the number and there's no caller ID other than 'Private' or 'wireless caller' I let it go to voicemail. If it's important, a message will be left. It's amazing how few messages are left. Telemarketers (not all, perhaps 3/4 of the ones I've dealt with will try anything to get you on that phone. I've had some who simply dial my number over and over again. Hence, the whistles by the phones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police bust huge hacker black market Jul 16 storm warning 1
News Large Study Finds MMR Vaccine Doesn't Cause Aut... Jul 9 FEAR MONGERING 37
News Social and SEO Work Better Together Jul '15 oliviarousseff 2
News Lake Tahoe fire-spotting camera saw Washington ... Jun '15 good and maybe bad 1
News IBM Opens First Cloud Data Center in Italy Jun '15 jaxwillis23 1
News Microsoft and other big names in tech are activ... Jun '15 Friend 1
News Linux creator says Windows, Os X, iOS and Andro... May '15 BADGER 2
More from around the web