Turing suicide enigma challenged

Jun 23, 2012 Full story: This is Guernsey

Alan Turing, the Second World War codebreaker widely regarded as the father of modern computing, may not have committed suicide but died as a result of an accident, an academic has claimed.

Full Story

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Jun 25, 2012
Probably the same "suicide" cause and effect that struck Dr David Kelly when his evidence on WMD in iraq could have prevented a costly war in the wrong country.
As for Alan Turing... he got "Queer bashed", it took another 30 years to recognise that men with a mathematical bent tend to be bent as a result of the same grid that makes them exceptional mathematicians. Married mathematical geniuses are a rarity even now.

No worries for me however, I do not have a "grid" and can do math operations in binary on paper faster than decimal! My math is a fact of remembering results by long example, I do however happen to be an exceptionally good scientist for which math is an add on.

*NOTE* The Dr Kelly Debacle

Still no obvious WMD in Iraq, and A Qaeda was in Pakistan @ the time.

Pakistan now recognised as supporter of Taliban & only squabbles there being whom should run the failed state of Pakistan. Thus far it appears that the army is attempting another coup d'etat via the judiciary & the taliban are shooting them in
the back to preserve poppy farming land up north.
Pakistani-US relations now descending to true level & time of start of war in Iraq.

Note major crustal relaxation earthquake epicentre likely due in Pakistani side of Kashmir as epicentre. Most of locals going gaga as result which is not helping things.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quinn: An invigorated Microsoft could make Sili... Tue jeffry 1
10 mobile startups to watch Jan 20 Kid_Tomorrow 1
The year TVs got much too complicated Jan 15 ameer_1984 2
New discoveries in age-related macular degenera... Dec 29 Cathy Smith 1
A 'Moon Shot' Goal for Computer Programming Dec '14 Curtis Lowe 1
Web inventor says Internet should be 'human right' Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
When Fashion Meets Tech In China Dec '14 New Chihna 1
More from around the web