Univ. of Texas works on driverless car

Feb 21, 2012 Full story: WLUK-TV Green Bay 13

AUSTIN - Austin is famous for its live music, outdoor fun and lake-living. Unfortunately, it's also known for heavy traffic.

Full Story

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#1 Feb 21, 2012
So if your car is weaving and an officer pulls you over, you can blame the car for drunk driving?

“Jody”

Location hidden

#2 Feb 21, 2012
Ok, enough. Are humans really too damn lazy to drive themself? What's next, robotic spoons to feed us?

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Spotted World

#3 Feb 21, 2012
off the trail wrote:
Ok, enough. Are humans really too damn lazy to drive themself? What's next, robotic spoons to feed us?
I can think of times when this technology would be good - sleeping or drunk drivers. I'd rather have a mostly flawless computer driving a car than a drunk or drowsy person.

We already have feeding tubes for those who cannot or will not feed themselves.
DILF

Medford, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2012
Not for nothing but I have three driverless cars sitting in my driveway EVERY night.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 22, 2012
off the trail wrote:
At your service! We will also do all strenuous work, you will not be allowed to ride bikes or climb rocks for your safety. We will perform lobotomies to those humans in danger of harming themselves, so that we may better serve you. We will remove unhealthy food choices and replace them with a tasteless healthy easy to chew gruel made of recycled humans and lab grown vegetables. We will allow selective lab grown reproduction, to avoid the risks of actual sex and pregancy and to ensure quality offspring. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 22, 2012
*pregnancy* autocorrection 3rd warning, reboot initiated
Da Duh

Huntington, WV

#7 Feb 22, 2012
And the machine that drives is allowed to TEXT... No GPS needed..
T

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 22, 2012
Machines get to do all the fun things :(
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#9 Feb 22, 2012
Some downsides certainly, but miles better than what we've got driving right now.
hillbilly

Catlettsburg, KY

#10 Feb 22, 2012
Dr Stinko wrote:
Some downsides certainly, but miles better than what we've got driving right now.
Why dont you smart people figure out how too put little flat electric motors all over the outside of airplane ?.I mean cover every inch of it to make it fly.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#11 Feb 22, 2012
Anyone that has ever driven in rush hour traffic ..runnin' late....full coffee bladder....knows that this will never work.....

justy sayin'

Since: Jan 12

Longview, WA

#12 Feb 22, 2012
think of this is kind of exciting but at the same time fearful
we as a human race are trying to find a way fro a computer of some sort to do everything for us and that is were form me the fear factor come in
i don't
want a world where a man cant do for himself and it looks to be coming

“ 24K”

Since: Feb 12

<><><> TKC <><><>

#13 Feb 22, 2012
Its on the way...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A 'Moon Shot' Goal for Computer Programming Fri Curtis Lowe 1
Web inventor says Internet should be 'human right' Dec 11 Kid_Tomorrow 1
When Fashion Meets Tech In China Dec 10 New Chihna 1
Inventor of the Web wanted to call websites 'ps... Dec 10 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Trends to Watch in 2015: From Algorithmic Accou... Dec 9 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Why Robots Won't Take Over the World Anytime Soon Dec 9 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Mechanical Insects Evolve The Ability To Fly Th... Dec 7 Kid_Tomorrow 1
More from around the web