Randy Pausch dies

He was 47. Pausch died early Friday at his home in Virginia, university spokeswoman Anne Watzman said. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
J Patterson

Lake Forest, IL

#2 Jul 25, 2008
Have no idea who this guy was, but 6 million for his book deal will more than take care of his family. I am glad he "lived" life after hearing the bad news. So many of us believe we are a “victim” or have the “why me” mentality and give up. When we do that, we stop thinking of the future that we can alter for the better.
Common Sense

United States

#3 Jul 25, 2008
To hear the guy talk was magic! He will b missed!
CLB

Miami, FL

#4 Jul 25, 2008
A truly great man. You need to change your headline, though---if you read the book (bound to be a classic), you'll see hat it has virtually nothing to do with cancer. In the spirit of of his goals and memory, you really shuld change this.
DrMyEye

Moline, IL

#5 Jul 25, 2008
Thanks and a shout out to Carnegie Mellon University for continuing to make the Last Lecture available for free on YouTube and on their various websites. Jeff Zazlow got 6 million to write the book, but Pausch has always been a model of humility and grace that cared most about getting his message out and nothing more. DVD copies of the last lecture are still available on CMU's website for 2 dollars, which barely covers the cost to produce and ship them.
Every parent should watch this lecture with their kids, and then everyone can grow up together.
Greg

Richfield, WI

#6 Jul 25, 2008
I read his book and watched the last lecture after finding out I have a brain tumor.
He was inspiring individual!
The Family Guy

Greenwich, CT

#7 Jul 25, 2008
I can still remember how I felt when I viewed his "Last Lecture" online. Powerful. Inspiring. Hopeful. It still brings tears to my eyes and a lump into my throat. God bless Dr. Randy and his family.
critter

Ithaca, NY

#8 Jul 25, 2008
I don't know who the idiot who wrote the headline is, but Randy Pausch did NOT write a book about cancer; he wrote a book about LIVING. Read it. If you really take it to heart, you will be a Tigger more and an Eeyore a lot less. Honest. Read it. It'll change the way you look at things.
LI ARTIST

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jul 25, 2008
I am so sad to hear that he has passed on. I thought he might have fought the cancer with his positive attitude and passion for life. How proud his family must be for truly having such a courageous person in their lives! His life will go on in many peoples hearts and minds. Everyone can learn a thing or two from him, just watch his "Last Lecture" and you might look at your life in a different way.

My thoughts and payers go out to the family.
Tattoo Rosie

Memphis, TN

#10 Jul 25, 2008
Wow...a great human being to the very end. Thoughts to his family, he leaves a great legacy.
DrMyEye

Moline, IL

#11 Jul 25, 2008
I just looked at www.cmu.edu , and the DVD copy is now 7 dollars, but still worth much more.
https://www.randypauschdvd.com/
so sad

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 25, 2008
God Bless
Erin

Northport, NY

#13 Jul 25, 2008
My thoughts & prayers go out to Jai & all the Pausch Family! What shocking and sad news.
CAT

United States

#15 Jul 25, 2008
A sad ending for a Life Well Lived!!! He was a very inspirational person and his Family has so much to be proud of - My Prayers go out to each and everyone of them!!!
Beth

AOL

#16 Jul 25, 2008
What a remarkable human being, with courage I have never heard. My heart goes out to his wife and family.
Haylie

Troy, MI

#17 Jul 25, 2008
What a wonderful man. His family has much to be proud of. God bless them.
CMS

United States

#18 Jul 25, 2008
Great guy! I saw him on Oprah when I was home on chemotherapy and he inspired me to keep living.
wfht

Chicago, IL

#19 Jul 25, 2008
His last lecture was truly amazing. As a brain tumor survivor, it truly spoke to me on so many levels. And as someone who has a career in technology, I could relate to all the amazing things he did in the area of computer science and learning, especially geared toward girls, which is a passion of mine, too. I do think that although it is truly sad he died, I'm also filled with joy that he lived, and that he touched so many people -- how cool is it that what he had to say will live on and that it's touched so many because of technology. What an awesome person & what a testament on how to live a life well.
chicago

Chicago, IL

#20 Jul 25, 2008
May God bless him and his family!
Toya Jackson

United States

#21 Jul 25, 2008
What a blessing it was to have just heard all the encouraging words that came from his heart. Randy Pausch is definitely my inspiration. Even though I haven't met him personally, His speeches alone has touched my heart in so many ways. Randy Pausch will be forever missed. Wow! an Angel with a plan E much less a plan B. I can't help but to say I love him, clearly a man of god..Your family will forever be in my.prayers.....
Southbound

Overland Park, KS

#22 Jul 25, 2008
The world is a little poorer today with the passing of this inspirational man. May God bless and keep watch over the family he held so dear. Rest in Peace Dr. Pausch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A 'Moon Shot' Goal for Computer Programming Fri Curtis Lowe 1
Web inventor says Internet should be 'human right' Dec 11 Kid_Tomorrow 1
When Fashion Meets Tech In China Dec 10 New Chihna 1
Inventor of the Web wanted to call websites 'ps... Dec 10 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Trends to Watch in 2015: From Algorithmic Accou... Dec 9 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Why Robots Won't Take Over the World Anytime Soon Dec 9 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Mechanical Insects Evolve The Ability To Fly Th... Dec 7 Kid_Tomorrow 1
More from around the web