In Internet TV case, justices show co...

In Internet TV case, justices show concern

There are 3 comments on the The Olympian story from Apr 22, 2014, titled In Internet TV case, justices show concern. In it, The Olympian reports that:

The high court heard arguments in a dispute between television broadcasters and Aereo Inc., which takes free television signals from the airwaves and charges subscribers to watch the programs on laptop computers, smartphones and even their large-screen televisions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Olympian.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 Apr 22, 2014
really?
people pay a monthly fee to watch free tv?
ahahahahahahaha! pt barnum strikes again!
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#4 Apr 22, 2014
it is all about the cable companies trying to stop people from cutting the cable. They want to government to help them force us to be their customers.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#5 Apr 23, 2014
If I make a recording of a movie from free antennae TV and turn around and sell it to people, wouldn't that be considered to be a federal bootlegging offense?

Seems like the same senerio going on here, but on a MASSIVE scale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Asbestos Cleanse Discovery Needed Jun '17 bluebell 1
News Leaked NSA doc highlights deep flaws in US elec... Jun '17 spud 104
News Leaked NSA doc highlights deep flaws in US elec... Jun '17 spud 11
News Leaked NSA document highlights deep flaws in U.... Jun '17 Cordwainer Trout 4
News Prince Andrew opens new world-class research fa... Jun '17 Daisy 1
News The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT gian... May '17 Julzee111 1
News Amazon's new Echo camera is weird and a little ... Apr '17 Shirvell s Shrivel 2
More from around the web