civilization acronyms: computing symb...

civilization acronyms: computing symbols?

Posted in the Computer Science Forum

Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 Oct 29, 2010
How are sociolinguistic acronyms used by human civilizations representative of processing efficiency?

Popular acronyms abound. One such is JFK, which is the sociolinguistic abbreviation of the name, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the widely appealing 35th U.S. President John F. Kennedy. Another is WHO, the abbreviation of the World Health Organization. Another is LOL, the World Wide Web chat room abbreviation symbol for the verbal words, "laugh out loud," which imply that one is conveing the statement, "I am laughing out loud."

Sociolinguists know that acronyms are anthropological processing inventions of communications efficiencies that illuminate humanity's interest in making perceptual logic easier and faster.

Does this explain the cultural appeal of the Hollywood (USA) movie "Johnny Mnemonic" (1995)?

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alumnus Leaves Rose-Hulman $1.1-Million Bequest... Fri macho man 21
News Lifelike robots made in Hong Kong meant to win ... Jan 16 chrystal craft 1
News Facebook Accused of Carrying on Confusing Hate ... Jan 6 Next 1
News Hoosier senator wants to prepare America for op... Jan 3 Pope Closet Emeritus 4
News The gaydar machine: a backlash Nov '17 lenoux 16
Valid 210-260 Exam PDF New Questions Nov '17 alfred-calvin 1
News Bill Gates plans to build world's first smart c... Nov '17 Solarman 1
More from around the web