Settlement with NJ calls for eHarmony to provide same-sex matches

Full story: The Morning Call

The California -based company will begin providing same-sex matches under as part of a settlement with New Jersey 's Civil Rights Division.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
snafu

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 19, 2008
 
Thats just wrong. Now 'they' want to force a private company to do something that the company obvioulsy does not want to do.

What will they do if they do not get their demands? Barge in and give death threats, hassle everyone else, and litter the area with their hate literature?

Gotta love those peaceful militant homosexuals that just want to be left alone...
R from Allentown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 19, 2008
 
RIDICULOUS. If you don't like the website, use a different one, or create your own. It's absolutely ludicrous to think that eHarmony agreed to pay this, and infuriating that the courts even agreed to hear this case. Thank goodness that Prop 8 was passed in California. It's about time somebody started sticking it to these disgusting individuals.
USSA

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 19, 2008
 
Why don't these rump lovers start their own company.

Hey a**holes, America has spoken; we don't want f*g marriage. So stop beating up old people and go the F away.
Kate

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 19, 2008
 
OMG...private companies should be able tomake up their own rules. Is some heterosexual going to go to a gay match making site and demand there are heterosexual matches there! Cut the crap...boo hoo..your feelings were hurt!?? what the heck, grow up.
zbest

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 19, 2008
 
just gotta luv the lehigh valley crowd and its deep rooted hatred against anything that doesn't agree with their beliefs. bigoted doesn't do you creeps justice. what does this do to you-how does it hurt you. just hillbillies with that wonderful "CHRISTIAN" attitude. you have no concept of what others may feel. and no i am not gay or lesbian
megg

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 19, 2008
 
zbest wrote:
just gotta luv the lehigh valley crowd and its deep rooted hatred against anything that doesn't agree with their beliefs. bigoted doesn't do you creeps justice. what does this do to you-how does it hurt you. just hillbillies with that wonderful "CHRISTIAN" attitude. you have no concept of what others may feel. and no i am not gay or lesbian
Well, thanks for your intelligent take on this topic. how far are you going to get by hurling insults at people?
This man had no right to sue for something so ridiculous. Plenty of matchmaking sites cater to the gay community.
By the way, you might want to consider anger management.
Independent Thinker

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 19, 2008
 
zbest wrote:
just gotta luv the lehigh valley crowd and its deep rooted hatred against anything that doesn't agree with their beliefs. bigoted doesn't do you creeps justice. what does this do to you-how does it hurt you. just hillbillies with that wonderful "CHRISTIAN" attitude. you have no concept of what others may feel. and no i am not gay or lesbian
There are plenty of gay dating websites. I don't understand why they had to go after eharmony.

I think you are missing the point, a business owner should be able to run a business how they want (within laws and reason) and if they want it to be a heterosexual dating sight so be it. Are all the hetorosexuals going to file suit against the gay dating sites because they want to be matched on those sites with the opposite sex?

See how obsurd this is?
Kevin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 19, 2008
 
I have nothing against gay people but this is ridiculous...

zbest ,

You completely missed the point.
Independent Thinker

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 19, 2008
 
Kate wrote:
OMG...private companies should be able tomake up their own rules. Is some heterosexual going to go to a gay match making site and demand there are heterosexual matches there! Cut the crap...boo hoo..your feelings were hurt!?? what the heck, grow up.
I agree with you, as bar and restaurant owners should also be allowed to have a choice between their own business being smoking or nonsmoking and let the customers choose to spend their $ where they want.
Rick

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 19, 2008
 
zbest wrote:
just gotta luv the lehigh valley crowd and its deep rooted hatred against anything that doesn't agree with their beliefs. bigoted doesn't do you creeps justice. what does this do to you-how does it hurt you. just hillbillies with that wonderful "CHRISTIAN" attitude. you have no concept of what others may feel. and no i am not gay or lesbian
megg wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for your intelligent take on this topic. how far are you going to get by hurling insults at people?
This man had no right to sue for something so ridiculous. Plenty of matchmaking sites cater to the gay community.
By the way, you might want to consider anger management.
Lets see here, You are not Gay, Not a Lesbian, Not A Christian & Not a Hillbilly. Please then, explain what you are..

I will also second Megg's statement that you should get Anger Management and we are not talking about the movie either in case you were wondering.
megg

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 19, 2008
 
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Lets see here, You are not Gay, Not a Lesbian, Not A Christian & Not a Hillbilly. Please then, explain what you are..
I will also second Megg's statement that you should get Anger Management and we are not talking about the movie either in case you were wondering.
My favorite part of that movie...when they are sharing a bed and Nicholson takes his pants off and goes "I sleep in the nude".
Hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 19, 2008
 
Even though it's a private company - that doesn't make it right for them to discriminate. Would those who believe that it's okay - would you back a company's right to refuse to allow black people? Or who would refuse to allow Swedes? Refusing to serve portions of a population is bad for everyone in the long run.
Rick

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 19, 2008
 
Megg, I love you. Can we meet up on eHarmony??? That is if they are still permitted to introduce Male / Females so as not to offend the Gays and Lesbians.. Nothing against them however if I were to Join eHarmony I would not be condoning e-mails from Gays...
megg

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 19, 2008
 
Rick wrote:
Megg, I love you. Can we meet up on eHarmony??? That is if they are still permitted to introduce Male / Females so as not to offend the Gays and Lesbians.. Nothing against them however if I were to Join eHarmony I would not be condoning e-mails from Gays...
Maybe we could try Match.com ? Are they still accepting heteros???
Independent Thinker

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 19, 2008
 
Hmmm wrote:
Even though it's a private company - that doesn't make it right for them to discriminate. Would those who believe that it's okay - would you back a company's right to refuse to allow black people? Or who would refuse to allow Swedes? Refusing to serve portions of a population is bad for everyone in the long run.
As a private company you have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. If you don't like it, you take your business else where. As a consumer, you have that right and the power to spend your $ at the competitor.
Rick

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 19, 2008
 
megg wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we could try Match.com ? Are they still accepting heteros???
Yes they are however I understand now that the New Jersey resident Eric McKinley will be filing suit against them so he can pick up another $5 K since he was so humiliated when he was turned down in the privacy of his home.

I wonder if he cried a lazy river.

Wait a second, I am going to sue this message board because they don't allow people to meet and exchange information about themselves. Lets start a class action suit to change this site so it will be what we want regardless of what purpose it was designed for.. Are you in it with me Megg?? ;)
are you kidding me

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 19, 2008
 
So... what did this dude get $5,000 for? And like everyone else said... why didn't he just use a different site? Was he maybe just looking for a discrimination suit in hopes of a nice settlement? Not trying to start anything. I'm just asking.

"He's considering signing up for the new site once it launches."
If he doesn't, can eHarmony get their $5000 back?
War on Bikes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 19, 2008
 
Sad. The Gay mafia is very powerful.

Since: Mar 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 19, 2008
 
I have nothing against anyone homosexual or heterosexual, I could care less what someone's sexual preference is BUT they shouldn't FORCE this company to do this. Should a heterosexual person sue a company that deal strictly with gay dating all beause they don't offer hetero dating? Whole thing is a waste of money & time.
megg

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 19, 2008
 
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are however I understand now that the New Jersey resident Eric McKinley will be filing suit against them so he can pick up another $5 K since he was so humiliated when he was turned down in the privacy of his home.
I wonder if he cried a lazy river.
Wait a second, I am going to sue this message board because they don't allow people to meet and exchange information about themselves. Lets start a class action suit to change this site so it will be what we want regardless of what purpose it was designed for.. Are you in it with me Megg?? ;)
I am down!! I am sueing this site for covering up my curse words...after all, they are infringing on my free speech, dammit!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Computer Science Discussions

Search the Computer Science Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Python bumps off Java as top learning language 21 hr orang awam 1
Complete OLM to PST Migration in Easy Steps Jus... (Jul '13) Jul 4 lynnruby 6
CS Thesis Topics (Nov '08) Jun 25 ciel phentomhive 98
Proformative Announces Top 5 Benefits of Cloud ... (Dec '12) Jun 17 p suresh--Human Resource 3
'Super computer' passes Turing Test Jun '14 don 1
Survey: Cybercrime on the rise May '14 commentard 1
Post-Snowden, the NSA's future rests on Admiral... May '14 Cat74 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••