Microsoft Windows XP Attacks Prompt N...

Microsoft Windows XP Attacks Prompt New Security Warning

There are 2 comments on the CRN story from May 5, 2014, titled Microsoft Windows XP Attacks Prompt New Security Warning. In it, CRN reports that:

Security experts are again urging Windows XP users to upgrade, following new attacks against Internet Explorer running on the retired operating system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CRN.

Bruce

Bellflower, CA

#1 May 6, 2014
Uh, as far as anyone knows there were no attacks, just a discovered security flaw in IE. Again, a flaw in IE, running on whatever flavor of Windows, not just XP.

Why the crazy concern about XP? Trying way too hard to sell Win 8. Win 8 under the hood is an OK OS, crappy UI, but that can be gotten rid of with a few tweaks. But, if you wan't to stick with XP, that is OK as well. The pc won't implode, or gremlins won't run off with your data.
Joey

Lima, Peru

#2 Jun 23, 2014
I agree with Bruce above. Microsoft is trying too hard to sell Win 8. Windows XP users will not budge. In fact, there already are companies releasing software to protect this operating system. Search "Rollback XP" if you don't believe me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Osgoode conference focuses on vision for future... Feb 3 Freethink radio 1
News Bill would make cyberbullying a crime in W.Va. Jan 28 Badgermeat 1
News Alumnus Leaves Rose-Hulman $1.1-Million Bequest... Jan '18 macho man 21
News Lifelike robots made in Hong Kong meant to win ... Jan '18 chrystal craft 1
News Facebook Accused of Carrying on Confusing Hate ... Jan '18 Next 1
News Hoosier senator wants to prepare America for op... Jan '18 Pope Closet Emeritus 4
News The gaydar machine: a backlash Nov '17 lenoux 16
More from around the web