More Graduates to Face Low Job Prospects - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Universities across the country are less than a month away from sending a new class of graduates out into the workforce to begin careers.
Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Apr 25, 2012
reality bites wrote:
The latest stat is 1 in 4 college grads are finding work in their chosen field. And the politicians care how?
1 in 4? That stat means nothing to me until I see how the 3 of 4 are conducting their job searches. Are they looking at relocating? Thing like that.

As for grads going overseas to find work...Wow, that really replaces the college education in regards to those nimbobs who still believe college is for "really learning about the world in which we live." What better way to learn about the world? Practically speaking, you live by the sword...if we are so intent on making this a "world economy" and--as the liberals who fill out campuses preach--a united international community, then of course grads will need to go to other nations to find work. It's the new world order, baby, and it's what all the libs want. So get your degree and get the heck out of the country!

R.I.P.: Ted Bessel
zZz

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Apr 25, 2012
Why the military has no shortage of volunteers.
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Apr 25, 2012
Paula Dorns wrote:
Alot of college graduates are going overseas to work.
Gee, maybe thats because those students come here from overseas to go to college here, then go back home to get a life. It used to be that foreign students would come here, get a good college education and stay. But now that the US has been out foxed by Asia those same students go back home where the money is. There ain't no money here anymore, the trade deficit is more than we can recover from. In other words we have fallen victim to our own greed and as well we should.
Oopa Ooopa Ooopa

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Apr 26, 2012
You know, if you show a little skin, your chances of getting hired go up.
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Apr 27, 2012
Liberalace wrote:
<quoted text>
1 in 4? That stat means nothing to me until I see how the 3 of 4 are conducting their job searches. Are they looking at relocating? Thing like that.
As for grads going overseas to find work...Wow, that really replaces the college education in regards to those nimbobs who still believe college is for "really learning about the world in which we live." What better way to learn about the world? Practically speaking, you live by the sword...if we are so intent on making this a "world economy" and--as the liberals who fill out campuses preach--a united international community, then of course grads will need to go to other nations to find work. It's the new world order, baby, and it's what all the libs want. So get your degree and get the heck out of the country!
R.I.P.: Ted Bessel
Don't have to be so rude, they're doing just that. But you can remain in the Dark Ages if you wish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computer Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spotlight on ROC resident entrepreneur Ludovic ... Aug 26 Taz 1
Facebook to acquire Oculus VR for $2 billion Aug 21 Kid_Tomorrow 2
4 Convincing Reasons Why ARM Holdings' Pullback... Aug 7 otr214424 1
IT officers facing key industry challenges [Gul... Aug 5 NITiN 2
http://mashable.com/2014/08/02/facebook-viral-v... Aug 2 FedBook down last... 1
Dematic taps BlackBerry executive to launch R&D... Jul 29 Ukraine launch 1
thesis Jul '14 dona mae 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••