Help: Bio Homework Multiple choice
Posted in the Biology Forum
#1 Feb 15, 2012
1. The fragrance of bread baking in a kitchen spreads to other rooms by
A) active transport.
D) selective permeation.
2. Active transport requires
3. Which of the following would supply energy directly to an active carrier protein?
D) fatty acids
4. Active transport
A) moves substances out of but not into cells.
B) occurs in dense patches far removed from passive carrier proteins.
C) moves substances from areas of high concentration to areas of low concentration.
D) involves a carrier protein.
5. Which of the following could not easily diffuse across a plasma membrane?
A) sugar molecules
B) water molecules
C) oxygen molecules
D) carbon dioxide molecules
6. The concentration of glucose inside of a cell is higher than the concentration outside of that cell, yet glucose continues to enter the cell. This is an example of
A) passive transport.
C) active transport.
D) osmotic transport.
A) requires energy.
B) moves substances from areas of high concentration to areas of low concentration.
C) is a form of passive transport.
D) involves exocytosis.
8. A cell that is gaining water from its surroundings is in
A) hypertonic solution.
B) hypotonic solution.
C) isotonic solution.
D) endotonic solution.
9. You observe a vesicle moving toward the plasma membrane from the inside of a cell. Once it reaches and fuses with the plasma membrane, you will most likely see an example of
A) receptor-mediated endocytosis.
10. Substances move into a cell by
D) all of the above
11. To coordinate the functions of specialized cells, those cells must be able to
C) move from place to place.
D) cut up certain proteins.
12. Multicellular organisms have various specialized cells because
A) any one cell can contain only one kind of organelle.
B) each kind of cell is able to function in isolation.
C) specialized cells ensure that processes necessary for life occur efficiently.
D) the DNA of cells is not accurately copied.
13. Cell surface receptors of chemical messages are made of
14. Signaling molecules can affect a cell from the outside by interacting with specific receptors that are located
A) in the plasma membrane.
B) within the cellís organelles.
C) within chloroplasts.
D) on the cell wall.
15. After a steroid hormone enters a target cell it
A) binds to the nucleus.
B) becomes a signaling protein.
C) binds to an internal receptor protein.
D) becomes a gene.
16. Hydrophilic signaling molecules
A) move into cells by active transport through carrier protein channels.
B) bind to cell surface receptors and do not enter cells.
C) can passively cross the plasma membrane and bind to intracellular receptor proteins.
D) move directly into the nucleus through carrier proteins that span the distance from the plasma membrane to the nuclear envelope.
17. Cells surrounded by a hypertonic solution would lose water.
18. Tight junctions prevent the movement of the extracellular matrix between cells.
19. Steroids are unable to cross the plasma membrane.
20. Plants have hormones.
#8 Feb 28, 2012
im taking the same quiz i need help too
#9 Feb 28, 2012
I bet u do nancy
Add your comments below
|Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11)||Oct 8||Science||222,919|
|Nursing Test Banks Available (Sep '10)||Oct 4||Topperknocker123123||2|
|Hurricane Harvey washed this sea creature onto ...||Sep '17||Johnny Doe||3|
|A "Royal" recognition for two Dalhousie researc...||Sep '17||JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA||2|
|Neanderthal||Sep '17||Martin D||1|
|Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08)||Jul '17||Aura Mytha||180,369|
|Why Are African-Americans at Greater Risk for C...||Jul '17||SBTAmazing||1|
Find what you want!
Search Biology Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC