Evolution supported by the evidence

Evolution supported by the evidence

There are 81 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Evolution supported by the evidence. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

As a science educator, I must respond to Kelly Burgoon . Creationism has a place in an English classroom during the study of mythology.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mr Banana

Danbury, CT

#1 Feb 26, 2008
"I am unaware of any scientist who offers an explanation for the origin. We're all still clueless there."

It used to be taught in public schools that life emerged from the primordial ooze to evolve into you and me. Now they all back away from it, but they'll call you names if you suggest that God created life.
Someone

AOL

#2 Mar 4, 2008
Mr Banana wrote:
"I am unaware of any scientist who offers an explanation for the origin. We're all still clueless there."
It used to be taught in public schools that life emerged from the primordial ooze to evolve into you and me. Now they all back away from it, but they'll call you names if you suggest that God created life.
This is an interesting topic... I personally am a creationist (I believe that God created the universe). From what I've studied, there isn't hardly any full-proof evidence for evolution. But there is plenty against it. I find it impossible to believe that such a perfect complex and symbiotic world could have come from an explosion that occured by chance.
Someone

AOL

#4 Mar 4, 2008
Maria Gomez wrote:
I created the biggest mess in my toilet!
Ew. That's gross and has absolutely nothing to do with this topic!
gotigres

New Milford, CT

#5 Mar 4, 2008
Someone wrote:
<quoted text> This is an interesting topic... I personally am a creationist (I believe that God created the universe). From what I've studied, there isn't hardly any full-proof evidence for evolution. But there is plenty against it. I find it impossible to believe that such a perfect complex and symbiotic world could have come from an explosion that occured by chance.
I believe you just proved the author of the letter's point.
Someone

AOL

#6 Mar 4, 2008
gotigres wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you just proved the author of the letter's point.
Really?... Cool. 8D
mikrofon

Newman, CA

#7 Mar 4, 2008
What is wrong with the idea that all life on earth is connected, made of the same basic carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, nucleotides and phosphate bases? Laurie Borst
Although Ms. Borst's question is intended to be an endorsement for the process of evolution it would be more appropriate when describing God's creation. This is one of the great failings of the evolutionists in that they cannot seem to understand why creatures of similar appearance could/would have been created as separate individuals. Of course they would have to - want to understand - but seeing as many have no belief in a God at all, this is not an option for them. Subsequently they are left to piece together some other reason how they came to be in order to give their lives some semblence of meaning.
mikrofon

Newman, CA

#8 Mar 4, 2008
What is wrong with the idea that all life on earth is connected, made of the same basic carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, nucleotides and phosphate bases? Laurie Borst
Although Ms. Borst's question is intended to be an endorsement for the process of evolution it would be more appropriate when describing God's creation. This is one of the great failings of the evolutionists in that they cannot seem to understand why creatures of similar appearance could/would have been created as separate individuals. Of course they would have to - want to understand - but seeing as many have no belief in a God at all, this is not an option for them. Subsequently they are left to piece together some other reason how they came to be in order to give their lives some semblence of meaning.
Someone

AOL

#9 Mar 4, 2008
mikrofon wrote:
<quoted text>
Although Ms. Borst's question is intended to be an endorsement for the process of evolution it would be more appropriate when describing God's creation. This is one of the great failings of the evolutionists in that they cannot seem to understand why creatures of similar appearance could/would have been created as separate individuals. Of course they would have to - want to understand - but seeing as many have no belief in a God at all, this is not an option for them. Subsequently they are left to piece together some other reason how they came to be in order to give their lives some semblence of meaning.
Why did you post that twice?
mikrofon

Newman, CA

#10 Mar 4, 2008
Someone wrote:
<quoted text> Why did you post that twice?
Not exactly sure how it happened but there's no significance to it. Then again it might be worth repeating.
Someone

AOL

#11 Mar 4, 2008
mikrofon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly sure how it happened but there's no significance to it. Then again it might be worth repeating.
Yes, it was worth repeating.
mikrofon

Newman, CA

#12 Mar 4, 2008
Someone wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it was worth repeating.
Then it worked out good.:)
Mark Lofgren

New Haven, CT

#13 Mar 5, 2008
Evolution is merely another religion by rebelious man who denies the Creator of this universe - the God of the Bible. Anyone who embraces evolution - even some Christian denominations - is in rebellion to God and His word and is subject to His wrath and punishment; which is eternal damnation. Unless He should have mercy on that individual; in which case his/her sins were paid for by the Lord Jesus Christ, amen! I believed in evolution before the Lord had mercy on me and opened my eyes to the truth. Praise God for His mercy endures forever.
Someone

AOL

#14 Mar 5, 2008
Mark Lofgren wrote:
Evolution is merely another religion by rebelious man who denies the Creator of this universe - the God of the Bible. Anyone who embraces evolution - even some Christian denominations - is in rebellion to God and His word and is subject to His wrath and punishment; which is eternal damnation. Unless He should have mercy on that individual; in which case his/her sins were paid for by the Lord Jesus Christ, amen! I believed in evolution before the Lord had mercy on me and opened my eyes to the truth. Praise God for His mercy endures forever.
AMEN!:D
Bethelite

Danbury, CT

#15 Mar 5, 2008
Amazing there's still a debate. If you're versed in science, it's this simple... what works has offspring, what does not gets extinct. Evolution defined.

Can't creationists consider the above roadmap is exactly the mechanism the grand architect has to lead to whatever forms of life we know of today?

Do you actually believe something as absurd as a lump of sand one minute, a man the next?

we are truly made of dust. We are ash. And through that miracle of selective process called evolution we're here. in the New testament, there's the concept of the "word" creating all before the worlds were born. To those devout creationists, why not evolution as exactly what was "planned". To the devout scientists, evolution can be described by mathematical principles. Math is a language. Physical reality is that manifestation of the mathematical language "uttered" by that which had no form.

We change we evolve. Simple and not disputable.
Mark Lofgren

New Haven, CT

#16 Mar 5, 2008
Bethelite wrote:
"we are truly made of dust. We are ash. And through that miracle of selective process called evolution we're here. in the New testament, there's the concept of the "word" creating all before the worlds were born. To those devout creationists, why not evolution as exactly what was "planned". To the devout scientists, evolution can be described by mathematical principles. Math is a language. Physical reality is that manifestation of the mathematical language "uttered" by that which had no form."

Since you are using scripture...How do you explain the mathematical principal of changing water into wine (Jn.2:1-11)?
And...where did the dust of the earth come from?
Also, does the language: "there was evening and there was morning - the sixth day. Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all there vast array. By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; and so on the seventh day He rested from all His work." - is this language not clear to you?
Do you deny that and the statement that God makes also in Gen.1 that He made every creature according to their kind? all within two days?

Bethelite, I pray that God will open your eyes and have mercy on you?
In Jesus name.
Mark
Someone

AOL

#17 Mar 5, 2008
Mark Lofgren wrote:
Bethelite wrote:
"we are truly made of dust. We are ash. And through that miracle of selective process called evolution we're here. in the New testament, there's the concept of the "word" creating all before the worlds were born. To those devout creationists, why not evolution as exactly what was "planned". To the devout scientists, evolution can be described by mathematical principles. Math is a language. Physical reality is that manifestation of the mathematical language "uttered" by that which had no form."
Since you are using scripture...How do you explain the mathematical principal of changing water into wine (Jn.2:1-11)?
And...where did the dust of the earth come from?
Also, does the language: "there was evening and there was morning - the sixth day. Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all there vast array. By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; and so on the seventh day He rested from all His work." - is this language not clear to you?
Do you deny that and the statement that God makes also in Gen.1 that He made every creature according to their kind? all within two days?
Bethelite, I pray that God will open your eyes and have mercy on you?
In Jesus name.
Mark
There is no mathmatical principle for changing water into wine. It was simly a miracle of Jesus.
Someone

AOL

#18 Mar 5, 2008
I meant simply. Not simly
Mark Lofgren

New Haven, CT

#19 Mar 5, 2008
Yes, I know Someone. So too is the creation a miracle. Spoken into exhistance by the creator, as it is written; in six days (Genesis 1)

“BrainIIcells”

Since: Oct 07

Danbury

#20 Mar 6, 2008
The Primordial OOZE...I usually ask..."what came first"...the Chicken or the Yoke.
Someone

AOL

#21 Mar 6, 2008
Mark Lofgren wrote:
Yes, I know Someone. So too is the creation a miracle. Spoken into exhistance by the creator, as it is written; in six days (Genesis 1)
Yes, and in 6 literal days. It wasn't some kind of different measurment of days. It was 6 literal days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 37 min THE LONE WORKER 199,177
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 23 hr Don Barros Serrano 179,706
News Want to sleep with your cousin? Here's some goo... (Jun '08) Thu Arjun378 198
Armwrestling, who's the stronger gender? (Oct '08) Jun 22 MrJean 51
mosquito vaccine research' andrew john langham Jun 20 andrew 2
News The French connection: New mural at Charleston ... Jun 12 halcyonplacecharl... 1
News Researchers awarded $2.4M NIH grant to study le... Jun 12 friend 6
More from around the web