What Genes Did We Lose to Become Human?

Jan 7, 2008 Full story: www.scientificblogging.com 1,065

When we think of the genetic changes that had to take place during our evolutionary history, we typically think of changes that resulted in a gain of function, like genetic changes that resulted in a larger and more sophisticated brain.

In many cases however, we have lost genes in our evolutionary history, and some of those losses have been beneficial. Full Story
First Prev
of 54
Next Last
clone benson

Bryan, OH

#1120 Mar 9, 2009
if you say we lost some genes, were are they, you got to laugh, cause with out them, will never know, hehehhahhhehehee
clone benson

Bryan, OH

#1121 Mar 9, 2009
this means you cant even clone, tell you do heehahahhehee
Tru Goddess

Baltimore, MD

#1122 Mar 10, 2009
Cash wrote:
I guess I am not sure how losing the gene that prevents scurvy is helpful, though it would be interesting to know why other mammals kept it.
k arent u guys losing touch of the topic
and we so didnt come from apes. Im still wondering tho......
Pokay1kaduB

Shelby, OH

#1123 Mar 10, 2009
EMPOWEREDRAGONESS wrote:
Bingo! Byyarea.....you got it.... We were created twice...once thru evolution or what ever and secondly by DNA Upgrades...65 in fact...increasing our intelligence an abilities far beyond stone age man.
I see I caught this thread way too late. I missed all the good stuff. If there are any that remember "empoweredragoness", (or if the dragoness herself is still reading, I would love to hear from her), I would like to make a comment. You see it rather bothers me that people are so quick to call someone crazy and dismiss everything they have to say. I actually prefer to pick the minds of "crazy" people. A decision of whether they are truly crazy or not comes from a genuine inquiry, not from an immediate or automatic dismissal. And if they are truly insane, why not just let them be, why does it help to insult them unless they insult you first but I never seem to witness "crazies" insulting first, they are just trying to offer their minds, nothing wrong with that, I thought that was the whole point of a forum, or of communication.

She was either run off this thread or chose to leave early, it's too bad I would have liked to pick her mind. These are the kinds of people we might be able to learn most from.

The "Edgar Cayce"s and the "Jesus"s and the "Bhudda"s, the "Nostradomus"s, were not "scientists" but I wish I had their "connection". The next best thing is to pick their brains. But instead everyone dismisses them as crazy. That's sad.
Pokay1kaduB

Shelby, OH

#1125 Mar 10, 2009
nobones wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BzYNNsBYjycXX&feature=cha nnel_page
truth issue and matters
I don't get it? Soy sauce is truth? And it matters? What's up with that? Maybe I'm slow, please explain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 54
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biochemistry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCSC professor builds model of low-cost Ebola s... Oct '14 Get a job ColbyLOSER 2
Z-scale interpretation (Feb '11) Oct '14 Trem 2
enzymology (Apr '14) Apr '14 xaxx 1
Determination of hydroxyproline (Collagen content) (Aug '06) Apr '14 juaccco 17
Discovery could yield more efficient plants for... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Liberty 1
Study Links BPA and Breast Cancer Tumor Growth (Mar '14) Mar '14 SANDY SMIITH 1
Genes for endosomal NHE6 and NHE9 are misregula... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Another Duh 25
More from around the web