Scientific Link To Autism Identified

Nov 19, 2009 Full story: www.medicalnewstoday.com 13

Main Category: Autism Also Included In: Neurology / Neuroscience ; Biology / Biochemistry Article Date: 19 Nov 2009 - 3:00 PST rate article During its research into the application of neuroscience in business, a New Jersey based think tank, The Center for Modeling Optimal Outcomes, LLC made an inadvertent and amazing discovery.

Full Story
Raymond

Bethesda, MD

#1 Nov 19, 2009
extremely interesting.

This explaination is very much plausible but will require validation. Again as the authors explain: Thanks to many parents facts and experience of kids regression into autism following vaccination.

You hear that Friend, But in your case unfortunantely autism is Genetics.

Since: Sep 08

St. Louis

#2 Nov 20, 2009
Raymond wrote:
extremely interesting.
This explaination is very much plausible but will require validation. Again as the authors explain: Thanks to many parents facts and experience of kids regression into autism following vaccination.
You hear that Friend, But in your case unfortunantely autism is Genetics.
Autism really is a can't see the forest for the trees sort of thing with you.

The article clearly states that the model is based on homeostatic relationships in the brain and that autism is a result of several variables that result in a "perfect storm" of homeostatic disruptions and that the apparent "trigger" behind autism is an imbalance between a pair of amino acid neurotransmitters; glutamate and glycine. Vaccines contain hydrolyzed gelatin which are 21% glycine which when introduced causes an imbalance (*in those that are genetically predisposed*) which manifests as autism symptoms.
This IS genetic based research, GENETICS determine whether or not the brain will be predisposed to the the homeostatic disruption in the first place. This scenario is congruent with the recent findings of verifiable genes that can only account for a percentages of ASD cases as the article points out that model indicates that each of the disorders within Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is attributable to different disruptions in homeostasis. What causes one group's ASD can be different from the rest which is why not all parents report regression after vaccination. Furthermore if it were just about the glycine in vaccines and not about genetics than everyone who ever gets a shot would inevitably have some degree of ASD.
Could you please get over your personal hangups and start looking at the big picture already.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#3 Nov 20, 2009
Before any jump the gun, they should research hydrolyzed gelatin and glycine. Very interesting reading. You wont believe where glycine is produced in. Glycine is a required co-agonist along with glutamate for NMDA receptors. Its all pretty medical techy so it might go above some people's head for easy reading.
Surprisingly, the theory doesn't go along with Raymond's long standing Thimerosal theory.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 20, 2009
I wonder what this will mean for the autistic community (the real one, not the crazy vaccine moms)? Will this push for a "cure"?
Somebodie

Lewisville, TX

#5 Nov 20, 2009
It will be interesting to see how they demonstrate this.

I will be particularly interested in how certain autistic commonalities like enzyme abnormalaties/deficiencies, detox abnormalaties/deficiencies, and things of that nature might relate to something like hypothalamic function. How everything that misfires in an autistic body, can somehow all be seated in this one central place.

Wonder how long it will be before they show any info on this.
Raymond

Rockville, MD

#6 Nov 21, 2009
You seem to be blind in regards to environmental cause effect on genes or a purely genetic defects.

Regardless, autism is not purely genetics and this study support parents reporting regarding autism severity change and as per CDC data how some kids end up losing autistic diagnosis.

It seems that crazy Jenny is not that crazy. But you are too fool to see that
Co11ier-StL wrote:
<quoted text>
Autism really is a can't see the forest for the trees sort of thing with you.
The article clearly states that the model is based on homeostatic relationships in the brain and that autism is a result of several variables that result in a "perfect storm" of homeostatic disruptions and that the apparent "trigger" behind autism is an imbalance between a pair of amino acid neurotransmitters; glutamate and glycine. Vaccines contain hydrolyzed gelatin which are 21% glycine which when introduced causes an imbalance (*in those that are genetically predisposed*) which manifests as autism symptoms.
This IS genetic based research, GENETICS determine whether or not the brain will be predisposed to the the homeostatic disruption in the first place. This scenario is congruent with the recent findings of verifiable genes that can only account for a percentages of ASD cases as the article points out that model indicates that each of the disorders within Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is attributable to different disruptions in homeostasis. What causes one group's ASD can be different from the rest which is why not all parents report regression after vaccination. Furthermore if it were just about the glycine in vaccines and not about genetics than everyone who ever gets a shot would inevitably have some degree of ASD.
Could you please get over your personal hangups and start looking at the big picture already.

Since: Sep 08

St. Louis

#7 Nov 23, 2009
Raymond's empty + redundant goading aside, i really found this article quite interesting. If the scientific community is able to back up this think tank's model w/ substantiating research/evidence then it sounds like a much fuller understanding is right around the corner.
Friend, if you have a link to what you were talking about i would be interested in reading up on it. Thanks.

Location hidden

#8 Nov 23, 2009
Co11ier-StL~ remind me what I was talking about? That easy reading? Just put in searches for glycine, hydrolyzed gelatin and products that have glycine.

As for that "environmental cause effect on genes or a purely genetic defects." he has that wrong. Environmental's do cause diseases and genes cause known things as well which are diseases. For instance an environmental is smoking which leads to disease, that is not genetic.

Parental reporting is not enough. Many other environmental's can also play a role in combination of other things and then there is the video study where those children who regressed showed autism behaviors prior to a vaccine. Ms. McCarthy is only trying to promote her checking account. Many interviews she did not report regression after a vaccine; the child regressed after a seizure (which resulted in lack of oxygen by the way, try looking up regression after that which is quite common for those who lost oxygen to the brain!) which was no where near the time of any vaccine. That's why his first and probably correct diagnosis was epilepsy but Ms. McCarthy had a brain storm to call that lack of oxygen autism. Besides all that, only a sheep would follow you, me or Ms. McCarthy. None of us are autism experts. Anyone can look this stuff up about McCarthy, it's all out there, right along with her Indigo phase.
Raymond

Bethesda, MD

#9 Nov 23, 2009
Friend does not believe scientists who work first hand on autism. Who work and see changes in behavior if and only if autism was simply a brain disorder or genetic disorder. Those scientists not all work for government or CDC or so called experts like Eric Fombonne who`s opionion is accepted in a court as of an expert and then in clinic behind closed door recommends a nice cup of expresso for autism. Believe or disblieve it. Onething for sure, If all interested in cure or treatment for autism, then all should merge on avenues of research. Genetics being only one of them. Other research could be medical, MRI, biopsies. If autism subgroups identified, Verbals, Nonverbals, Classic, regressive, aspergers then may be common pathologies could be identified.

One question that you should ask, why this research is not published on other main mdeia, BBC, CNN, MSNBC etc. Is it because vaccine word is used in the article. Hope that is not the case since it may vaccination more shady and makes public very fearfull as that's the impression we are getting here.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 24, 2009
Well, if you were up on the news, you'd had seen it on CNN recently. I actually don't limit my reading to just the USA, plenty studies world-wide out there Buddy. Great big media. Until you can pin point, and so far you haven't been able and or refuse to, which people would fair badly with vaccines and have autism and why many do not have autism; you have nothing to offer the public but fear and your assumption as to what I believe. great way to make an important choice.

For as much as you comment to me, you'd think you'd spend more time on real science.
The most accurate

Leoma, TN

#11 Nov 24, 2009
diagnosis for McCarthy's kid is a rare condition called Landau Kleffner syndrome the kids regress after having severe seizures, autistic-like symptoms appear, and remain for some. Others regain skills after the seizures stop. Without therapy.
Can you imagine the backlash on her if she went public with that? That her kid didn't "recover" from autism but was merely misdiagnosed. All she does is profit from this crap. How much more effective would she be touting recognized treatments that actually have research to back them up? Temple Grandin might be considered recovered, as would Stephen Shore. Behavioral interventions, not too sexy, but it works.
I fully believe that Autism is a systemic condition but to say that diet "cures" autism or anything like that is insane. insulin and dietary changes treat diabetes but it doesn't "cure" it.
http://www.specialneedsresources.net
raymond

Longueuil, Canada

#12 Nov 26, 2009
Yes sure:

Vaccines Seizure Autism or Vaccines Autism Seizure

same thing: Chicken before egg, or egg before chicken

Location hidden

#13 Nov 26, 2009
McCarthy's child never had a vaccine any where near that seizure he had. That's what Mccarthy states, not me.

It's more like

seizure-oxygen-deprived-money- making opportunity off of autism

She's a genius.

If you want to be a sheep and follow McCarthy, more power to you but anyone can read up on the Indigo gal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biochemistry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
enzymology Apr '14 xaxx 1
Determination of hydroxyproline (Collagen content) (Aug '06) Apr '14 juaccco 17
Discovery could yield more efficient plants for... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Liberty 1
Study Links BPA and Breast Cancer Tumor Growth (Mar '14) Mar '14 SANDY SMIITH 1
Genes for endosomal NHE6 and NHE9 are misregula... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Another Duh 25
Soylent is packed with nutrition, not people (Dec '13) Dec '13 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Polymorphisms in genes encoding antioxidant enz... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Susan 1

Biochemistry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE