Single-celled life does a lot with very little - Bacterial biochemistry mapped in detail.

Nov 28, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

The blueprint of a small organism's cellular machinery has been unveiled, offering the most comprehensive view yet of the molecular essentials of life.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Belle

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

There is a substance in the nicotine aimed to target my vocal chords to denature them. It will not work. It is not aimed at any bronchial destruction other than that aspect. By the way, aren't algae single celled bacteria? Not sure. HMMMM. Couldn't really understand the rest of the article. For my comprehension span is short: brief. Articles must be brief and to the point with a thesis and supporting statements in chronology. Thanks for the feed.
Nucleus

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

Algae are cyanobacteria. They get nutrition from photosynthesis, and are closely related evolutionarily to plants, who also get their nutrients using energy provided by the sun. Most other species of bacteria intake and metabolize chemical compounds in their environment to survive. The exception to this are thermophiles, those bacteria that congregate at hot springs, ocean vents, and other sources of thermal energy.

Mapping the biochemistry of simple organisms is vital to our understanding of intracellular molecular machinery. This has a variety of applications including the development of novel, synthetic and new forms of life.

Will link out to this article from an appropriate source as "Free Republic" is an exceptionally poor choice for gathering unbiased fact-based content.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••