Single-celled life does a lot with ve...

Single-celled life does a lot with very little - Bacterial biochemistry mapped in detail.

There are 2 comments on the Free Republic story from Nov 28, 2009, titled Single-celled life does a lot with very little - Bacterial biochemistry mapped in detail.. In it, Free Republic reports that:

The blueprint of a small organism's cellular machinery has been unveiled, offering the most comprehensive view yet of the molecular essentials of life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Belle

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Nov 28, 2009
There is a substance in the nicotine aimed to target my vocal chords to denature them. It will not work. It is not aimed at any bronchial destruction other than that aspect. By the way, aren't algae single celled bacteria? Not sure. HMMMM. Couldn't really understand the rest of the article. For my comprehension span is short: brief. Articles must be brief and to the point with a thesis and supporting statements in chronology. Thanks for the feed.
Nucleus

Omaha, NE

#2 Nov 28, 2009
Algae are cyanobacteria. They get nutrition from photosynthesis, and are closely related evolutionarily to plants, who also get their nutrients using energy provided by the sun. Most other species of bacteria intake and metabolize chemical compounds in their environment to survive. The exception to this are thermophiles, those bacteria that congregate at hot springs, ocean vents, and other sources of thermal energy.

Mapping the biochemistry of simple organisms is vital to our understanding of intracellular molecular machinery. This has a variety of applications including the development of novel, synthetic and new forms of life.

Will link out to this article from an appropriate source as "Free Republic" is an exceptionally poor choice for gathering unbiased fact-based content.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biochemistry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miniature droplets could solve an origin-of-lif... Oct '17 Qedlin Saltum 1
News University of Maryland researcher's published a... (Feb '17) Feb '17 noobieR 1
News Poop, there it is: New test for exotic civet co... (Sep '13) Feb '17 Fancy Phart 4
News Dr. Hays Young, Dna Analyst and Technical Leade... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Wildbird 1
Will this have ruined my health? (Feb '17) Feb '17 Njhuckman 1
News Association of rare missense variants in the se... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Researchers uncover a new mechanistic understan... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web