Scientists Angry Over College's 'Disturbing' Hire...

There are 1 comment on the Jul 11, 2013, TheBlaze.com story titled Scientists Angry Over College's 'Disturbing' Hire.... In it, TheBlaze.com reports that:

Creationism and intelligent design are causing quite a stir at Ball State University, a public college in Muncie, Indiana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheBlaze.com.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1 Jul 11, 2013
College can hire whoever they want, as long as they're qualified. So I agree that the scientists making a big show like this ain't good for PR.

Of course that doesn't mean they aren't justified in their concerns. Gonzalez is a DI hack, apologist and all-around idiot after all. And there is the very genuine concern he may use his class to preach apologetics like Hedin did. It's also worth noting that Guillermo's previous denial of tenure, while advertised by himself and the DI as bigotry towards creationists, is nothing of the sort. There are many people who are denied tenure for many reasons, but the DI certainly aren't gonna miss an opportunity for a good dose of martyrdom propaganda.

So basically let this guy teach. Then if it turns out he's misusing his position and promoting IDC BS then fire him. Nothing will be served by vilifying him beforehand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astronomy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Construction Of Giant Telescope In Hawaii Draws... Apr 23 Elise Gingerich 1
News Giant galaxies die from the inside out Apr 17 minog 1
News Hagee's New Film Uses Jews and Science to Prove... Apr 16 Crazy Talk 1
News NASA astronomer names asteroid after Malala Apr 12 SpaceBlues 1
News The potential cooling of global warming (Jun '08) Apr 12 HL Mencken 188
News Protesters block telescope construction on Hawa... Mar 31 SpaceBlues 1
News Speed Of Light May Not Be Constant After All, P... (May '13) Mar 29 nakayama 50
More from around the web