Sources from Kashmir prove Ancient Macedonians were Greeks

Jun 18, 2012 Full story: history-of-macedonia.com 79

Alexander before his return allowed his certain people which mostly consisted of Greek garrisons to settle in the land he conquered. Several frontier tribes of Kashmir who live on its bordering areas of northern and western sides are believed to be the descendants of Greece. Kalhana has named them Yavanas, but according to Iqbal Ahmad those were the Greeks.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mr large

Mansfield, MA

#1 Jun 18, 2012
the greeks must have bought off this scholar because how could this author not state the ancient maks were bulgarians
The Albanization of FYROM

Täby, Sweden

#2 Jun 18, 2012
"Alexander before his return allowed his certain people which mostly consisted of Greek garrisons to settle in the land he conquered. Several frontier tribes of Kashmir who live on its bordering areas of northern and western sides are believed to be the descendants of Greece. Kalhana has named them Yavanas, but according to Iqbal Ahmad those were the Greeks.

He writes that the term yavana is still in use in rural Kashmiri which means handsome or beautiful. When they have to refer a beautiful, they would say yava. For them yava is one who has got a fairly complexion and had blue eyes which is the characteristic feature of Grecian people. The famous tribes of Gupis and Brokpas of Hunza and Ladakh Brokpas are of this complexion. They are believed to be the descents from Greece.
Another invasion noted in the local records of Kashmir is of Malechas whom Iqbal Ahmad identifies with Bactrian Greeks. There is mention of two famous Greek princes, one is Demetrius and the other is Manender. Demetrius has been described as the king of the empire, which included Southern parts of Kashmir While as Menander is recorded to had held a discussions with the Buddhist monk at a place which was only 12 Yogenas from Kashmir which means that the place was only 12 yogenas from Srinager because in ancient times Srinagar was known by the name of Kashmir. Milndaphana records a discussion with Nagasena, the Buddhist saint, the place where the discussion was held can be identified as Harwan which is about 19 km from Present Srinagar. The other Greek princes whose evidences have been found here included: Appollodotus, Menandar Strato, Zoiles, Hippostrates Antialkadas, Helikels, Agathoceles, Pantaloon, Hermous and Antrinachur."

Suck this you fyromian piece of shit!
Porus

UK

#3 Jun 18, 2012
There are many clans in Kashmir and Punjab including Afghanistan who claim descent from Alexanders army. The hugely popularized ones are the Kalash people and DNA has disproved their claim to greek ancestory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalash_people

Google kalash to see the blondes amongst them.

My personal opinion is they were wiped out or intermixed into the local population as Alexander commanded his army to take wives from martial tribes. Although many may have been admitted into the ranks of the Hindu warrior or even ruling castes like the Kshatriyas.

The tribes you refer to in hunza etc are mostly turks, tajiks, mongols who have intermixed over time. There is no historical record of any invasion by Alexander in Indian history nor has it been recorded. It is is just fanciful for many tribes to make that claim there is no historical, genetical proof whatsoever.

Alexander no doubt invaded India upto western Punjab which is Pakistan today and the famous King Porus who fought him is also lost to history and today many India tribes try to claim him as their own yet have no basis for doing so other than it makes them feel a false glory about their petty selves.
United Macedonians

Athens, Greece

#4 Jun 26, 2012
Maybe Apollodotus was an ancient Yugoslav?
MAKEDONIA ALWAYS GREECE

Athens, Greece

#5 Jun 26, 2012
MAKEDONIA ALWAYS GREECE

Athens, Greece

#6 Jun 26, 2012
http://youtu.be/u5KqWqUbxBg
Ancient Macedonian language,is the Greek language!
MAKEDONIA ALWAYS GREECE

Athens, Greece

#7 Jun 27, 2012
http://youtu.be/55tGPVKi3rw
Fact
Macedonians was,is and they always be Greek!
MAKEDONIA ALWAYS GREECE

Athens, Greece

#8 Jun 27, 2012
http://youtu.be/WkRgOhdfSak
Ancient Macedonian language,is the Greek language!
MAKEDONIA ALWAYS GREECE

Athens, Greece

#10 Jun 27, 2012
http://youtu.be/55tGPVKi3rw
Macedonians means Greek!
macedonia4themac edonians

Mississauga, Canada

#11 Jun 27, 2012
This book is another fine example of a non greek stating that Alexander the Great was greek and basically FYROM is Dizneeland.
Miss Macedonia

Greece

#12 Sep 28, 2012
macedonia4themacedonians wrote:
This book is another fine example of a non greek stating that Alexander the Great was greek and basically FYROM is Dizneeland.
We Macedoniansare proud Greeks!
We speak greek!
We write greek!
We love our homeland Macedonia and motherland Greece!

Fyromians cannot be Macedonians because they are Bulgarians by birth who became "Macedonians" when their creator Tito renamed Macedonians without right because of his political games against Greece in 1944 AD!
samostojna MK

Canberra, Australia

#13 Sep 29, 2012
Porus wrote:
There are many clans in Kashmir and Punjab including Afghanistan who claim descent from Alexanders army. The hugely popularized ones are the Kalash people and DNA has disproved their claim to greek ancestory.
My personal opinion is they were wiped out or intermixed into the local population as Alexander commanded his army to take wives from martial tribes. Although many may have been admitted into the ranks of the Hindu warrior or even ruling castes like the Kshatriyas.
The tribes you refer to in hunza etc are mostly turks, tajiks, mongols who have intermixed over time. There is no historical record of any invasion by Alexander in Indian history nor has it been recorded. It is is just fanciful for many tribes to make that claim there is no historical, genetical proof whatsoever.
Alexander no doubt invaded India upto western Punjab which is Pakistan today and the famous King Porus who fought him is also lost to history and today many India tribes try to claim him as their own yet have no basis for doing so other than it makes them feel a false glory about their petty selves.
I apretiate your sensible coment.

“Makedon therefore E/\/\hn”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#14 Sep 29, 2012
samostojna MK wrote:
<quoted text>
I apretiate your sensible coment.
appreciate the one and only truth:
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/macedonia/TA...
samostojna MK

Canberra, Australia

#15 Sep 29, 2012
I do apreciate the only truth, me being of
Macedonian descend.
Not only do I look Macedonian but my blooming
family can vauch for me and every family member
with blue and green eyes, fear skin, tal disposition
blond to lite brown hair, and good Macedonian maners and humor. What do you have to say for your self?
Don't tell me you apreciate good maners, because you don't have it.
Miss Macedonia

Greece

#16 Oct 12, 2012
samostojna MK wrote:
I do apreciate the only truth, me being of
Macedonian descend.
Not only do I look Macedonian but my blooming
family can vauch for me and every family member
with blue and green eyes, fear skin, tal disposition
blond to lite brown hair, and good Macedonian maners and humor. What do you have to say for your self?
Don't tell me you apreciate good maners,
because you don't have it.
You have all those because you are Slavs!
You described 100% the Slavic tribes!
Thanks that you show that you are Slavs and not Macedonians!
Greetings from us Macedonians and the rest of Greeks!
Remember to stop talking in the name of Macedonians!You don't belong to our race!
LBO

UK

#17 Oct 12, 2012
wow, so much of confusion !!. Okay, lets get the truth out !!
Alexander comes to India & fights Porus. Post this war, he returns but many of his soldiers remain in India. Only community that has claimed for centuries are the Coorgi community in Karnataka, they even had a agreement with the Colonial British that they are Greeks.
All the other communities in North India, Kashmir, Afghan & Punjab are all humbug - fully mixed with the invading muslims & decimated - they just killed all the men/children & raped all the women - thats why you dont find any difference between a North Indian Hindu & Muslims !!.
Illiad Troy & Ramayana are the same story, one written by the Loser & the Other winner. Greek army after they settle in Coorg based on a Indian Guru, split in dur course of time & fight this historic war. so Trojans are also Greek but mixed with Germans, thats why Homer write the story in Ionic Greek & not in any other language. thats why the Greeks treasure this story right through history. Trojans are also Brahmins who create this vast literature in Sanskrit & treasure it right through history !!.
Priam in Illiad Troy/Ravana in Ramayana are the only Brahmin/Trojan Kings & this dynasty of - Trojans/ Aryans create the entire world philosophy, please read further how Vedic Religion, Jainism, Buddhism, Christianity & Islam/Koran Originates from South India - Dravidian lands where the Greeks mix with the locals !!.
Trojans after the war take the most dangerous journey of returning back to Greece/Italy described in great detail by Homer's Odessey.
http://www.realaryans.blogspot.com/
Miss Macedonia

Thessaloníki, Greece

#18 Oct 13, 2012
LBO wrote:
wow, so much of confusion !!. Okay, lets get the truth out !!
Alexander comes to India & fights Porus. Post this war, he returns but many of his soldiers remain in India. Only community that has claimed for centuries are the Coorgi community in Karnataka, they even had a agreement with the Colonial British that they are Greeks.
All the other communities in North India, Kashmir, Afghan & Punjab are all humbug - fully mixed with the invading muslims & decimated - they just killed all the men/children & raped all the women - thats why you dont find any difference between a North Indian Hindu & Muslims !!.
Illiad Troy & Ramayana are the same story, one written by the Loser & the Other winner. Greek army after they settle in Coorg based on a Indian Guru, split in dur course of time & fight this historic war. so Trojans are also Greek but mixed with Germans, thats why Homer write the story in Ionic Greek & not in any other language. thats why the Greeks treasure this story right through history. Trojans are also Brahmins who create this vast literature in Sanskrit & treasure it right through history !!.
Priam in Illiad Troy/Ravana in Ramayana are the only Brahmin/Trojan Kings & this dynasty of - Trojans/ Aryans create the entire world philosophy, please read further how Vedic Religion, Jainism, Buddhism, Christianity & Islam/Koran Originates from South India - Dravidian lands where the Greeks mix with the locals !!.
Trojans after the war take the most dangerous journey of returning back to Greece/Italy described in great detail by Homer's Odessey.
http://www.realaryans.blogspot.com/
Macedonians are Greeks!
Fyromians are silly animals on the hands of NWO!
samostojna MK

Canberra, Australia

#19 Oct 14, 2012
Porus wrote:
Thank god there is someone with a level head on this foroom.
Kalesh are our ancestors, before Alehander and the union of
Macedonians.
As for the word Javanas, Our word for strainger derives from it.
Jabana./ Jabandjija.
Lets be clear who is who, and lets put a stop to this name Greece or
Greek, in ancient time of Macedonian existonce and creation there of.
Greeks have no pruf that they existed in any shape and form
in Macedonian concept and history. Non, what so ever, regardles of their or somebody elses drible.
samostojna MK

Canberra, Australia

#20 Oct 14, 2012
I have to alow for many imaginary explanations some historians conclude while reserching.
Stil I can not alow this fact to escape me.
That the writing of Troyans, Mycinians, Spartans, Itakans, is more familiar to our Macedonian ancient letters then any other from Phonician cinde.
Thus I fill, the same antiquity binds us as one origin. in tome when no Greeks existed.
Before the time history is writen, and before Atina was build. We and above mentioned have pruf of our
unick history which binds us since time imemorial.
Has nothing to do with Greece or any other nation on Balkan or Europ.

“Aposkotison me!”

Since: Jan 11

Athina

#21 Oct 14, 2012
samostojna MK wrote:
I have to alow for many imaginary explanations some historians conclude while reserching.
Stil I can not alow this fact to escape me.
That the writing of Troyans, Mycinians, Spartans, Itakans, is more familiar to our Macedonian ancient letters then any other from Phonician cinde.
Thus I fill, the same antiquity binds us as one origin. in tome when no Greeks existed.
Before the time history is writen, and before Atina was build. We and above mentioned have pruf of our
unick history which binds us since time imemorial.
Has nothing to do with Greece or any other nation on Balkan or Europ.
You are NOT a Makedonian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr JOEL 207,379
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Sun Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Sun tongangodz 1,970
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web