Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 220775 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

PUBH

Canton, MA

#208358 Jun 17, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Had the moon been split into 2 halves and then rejoined, there would have been a visible crack running all round the moon along its entire circumference. Such a thing is not observed and the few long cracks seen on the lunar surface are rills formed due to seismic activity.
Of course, but you can't tell a stupid Muslim that. They are the stupidest people that humanity has to offer.
PUBH

Canton, MA

#208359 Jun 17, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and i have told you before, i am not Adam i am The HisSon adam. and do not tell me this is not in The Torah,
It isn't. If it was, you could show it. There is no such thing as HisSon adam in the torah.
PUBH

Canton, MA

#208360 Jun 17, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so you deny the birth process, always involves the woman?.
Why don't you tell the rest of the class the name of the surrogate mother from the Torah. What's her name in the Torah? Does she have the same name as Eve? Is she Eve or whatever name you think Eve is called?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#208361 Jun 17, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, uhuh
That is why I have been saying for years here that Jesus came with nothing new, brought nothing new and left nothing new.
He was only sent to reform and remove traditions, which were never part of the Law. The Rabbis and the Pharisees and Sadducees were controlling people's lives with all those imposed traditions. We too have a similar problem with Mullahs, who control ignorant masses with 'their traditional laws'.
One can see Jesus talking about how not to hurt people with their tongue, telling people that Sabbath was not the lord over men but men were the lord of Sabbath, etc. The man was clearly a teacher and a reformer and challenged the authorities.
And it was sad that he failed and could not complete his mission and one of his last three reported words were "It is finished" meaning "It is all gone down the drain".
Thanks fro the good points. Good night
Your interpretation of why Jesus was sent by God the Father is wrong.
You talk about the Law but what law are you talking about?
Explain God's law?
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#208362 Jun 17, 2014
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are talking about someone , specific, he said clearly he is prophet,
Well I wasn't talking about Jesus you cross eyed moron. What is the matter with your comprehension skills? What is the matter with your reasoning skills? How old are you? I hope you are very young so that at least you would have a good excuse.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208363 Jun 17, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me educate you on this.
If you remember I have said many times before that Greek and English languages are extremely poor and unfit for a Scripture.
What would the pagan Greeks and the pagan English Neanderthalls back then know about a man appointed and sent by God?
The equivalent words for a Navi (Hebrew) and Nabi (Arabic) used are Prophet and Messenger. The English word Prophet is absurd. Everyone uses it for convenience.
uhuh gave an excellent equivalent word, "God's spokesman"
To think and say that the prophets were sent by God to prophesy, is rubbish and absurd.
That is my main point.
My main point is that you are an unthinking, presumptuous fool, Put another way, you are a proven IDIOT.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208364 Jun 17, 2014
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208365 Jun 17, 2014
"To think and say that the prophets were sent by God to prophesy, is rubbish and absurd." ~ The IDIOT
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208366 Jun 17, 2014
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idi...

id∑i∑ot noun

: a very stupid or foolish person
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208367 Jun 17, 2014
"The equivalent words for a Navi (Hebrew) and Nabi (Arabic) used are Prophet and Messenger. The English word Prophet is absurd." ~ The IDIOT
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208368 Jun 17, 2014
Does bmz the IDIOT make any sense at all?

I withdraw the question.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208369 Jun 17, 2014
"To think and say that the prophets were sent by God to prophesy, is rubbish and absurd.
That is my main point." ~ The IDIOT

It bears repeating.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#208370 Jun 17, 2014
El Cid, you're combusting. Chill.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208371 Jun 17, 2014
I confess that it is hard for me to believe how abysmally stupid bmz actually is...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#208372 Jun 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
El Cid, you're combusting. Chill.
Maybe,. I've had it with this presumptuous tool. My HOPE is that this series of posts will give him pause.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#208373 Jun 17, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>

Maybe,. I've had it with this presumptuous tool. My HOPE is that this series of posts will give him pause.
BMZ, No Doubt, MUQ and other Muslims will never relent since they've deadened sensibilities and will find some excuse or the other to defend the indefensible Quran.

You're simply wasting time, energy and consciousness in debating them.

Look at the fanatics of other faiths like Shamma, Frijoles, Eric, Rabbee, Hugh and Truth Seeker or take a look at the atheists - they, too, are like the Muslim fanatics.

Most of humanity is possessed in some way or the other and it is this possession in varying degrees brought on by the adverse beings that turns possessed people into obdurate, desensitized, bigoted, nonthinking and cruel asses.

The actual Truth is very different and is not what the scriptures and most people imagine it to be.

Above all remember Truth has to be directly experienced to the extent one is capable of doing so and manifested in life.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#208376 Jun 17, 2014
A Self-claimed Prophet
Mohammed was challenged to perform miracles to prove he was from Allah and that his belief was the truth. Mohammed, in a desperate attempt to convince people that he had performed a miracle, invented an outrageous story, saying he had been caught away to Jerusalem during the night while they were sleeping. Because they were not eye witnesses to the event, they doubted him even more. Finally, Mohammed admitted that he was unable to perform miracles because he was "just a man."
They say,'We will not believe in you unless you cause a spring to gush forth from the ground, or should have a river goes through a garden of palms and grapes, or make the sky fall as you claimed, or show us Allah and the angels; or should have a house of gold, or should ascend to heaven and return in front of us with a book for us to read.' Say, "To God be the glory. Am I other than a mortal messenger?" (K 17:90-93)
Failure in Mecca
When his heretical teachings were not accepted in Mecca, Mohammed decided to move to Medina, the home of his mother's tribe. He realized the people in Mecca, including his father's tribe, would not accept his beliefs unless they were forced by physical violence to do so.
Medina is a city in Arabia where Mohammed moved after his mother's tribe offered him armed support. In Medina (623-633 AD), he and his mother's tribe waged wars to force people to follow them or be killed. In the Koran, one can clearly see the difference in Mohammed's tolerant teachings in Mecca and his harsh teachings in Medina. Today Muslims, instructed by the Koran, continue waging wars wherever they have political power, to force people into Islam.

The Badr Raid
Motivated by the wealth and women taken in the first raid, Mohammed led the second raid himself. At Badr, Mohammed and his mother's tribe attacked another caravan where they again killed the men, took the women as concubines and looted the goods. Thereafter, caravans were subjected to horrible attacks by Mohammed and his mother's tribe. Subsequently, to avoid being attacked, his followers increased. In essence, Mohammed and his mother's tribe began raiding caravans as a way of life. Mohammed received one fifth of the spoils from each raid.(K 8:41)
Mohammed himself engaged in 78 battles, of which just one (the Battle of the Ditch) was defensive. Within a century after Mohammed's death in 632, Muslim armies had reached as far as India in the east and Spain in the west. Today Jihad is still using force to convert people to Islam on the threat of death.
Glossary
* ISLAM is a combination of Paganism (worship of the moon god Allah) and Ebionism, spread by Mohammed Bin Abd Allah in Arabia in the 7th century. The word "Islam" was not derived from the Arabic word "salam", which means "peace" as Muslims claim. It was derived from "istislam" which means "surrender or die", the word Mohammed shouted while pursuing his opposition. His militant commands, terrorist attacks, pagan and Ebionism beliefs are contained in the book of the Muslims (Koran).
* MECCA is a town in Arabia where Mohammed shared his beliefs in Ebionism from 610-623 AD. Because he had no power, he took no action against those who chose not to follow him in Mecca.
* MEDINA is a city in Arabia where Mohammed moved after his motherís tribe offered him armed support. In Medina (623-633 AD), he and his motherís tribe waged wars to force people to follow him or be killed. In the Koran, one can clearly see the difference in Mohammedís tolerant teachings in Mecca and his harsh teachings in Medina. Muslims, instructed by the Koran, continue Jihad attacks wherever they have political power, to force people into Islam.
* KORAN is the book of Islam that Mohammed claimed was revealed to him by Allah, the pagan moon god of the Arabs.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#208377 Jun 17, 2014
Shamma wrote:
A Self-claimed Prophet
Mohammed was challenged to perform miracles to prove he was from Allah and that his belief was the truth...
What was the result of "countless miracles" that Jesus showed?

How many did he bring to his side?

Our prophet transformed the whole of Arabia, without showing a "single miracle" (as you say)

What else is miracle?(You dumb ass!!- Pardon my language)

JUBAIL, KSA

#208378 Jun 17, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Had the moon been split into 2 halves and then rejoined, there would have been a visible crack running all round the moon along its entire circumference. Such a thing is not observed and the few long cracks seen on the lunar surface are rills formed due to seismic activity.
Have you been to moon and personally checked the whole surface and fault lines there?

And why there should be any "visible line" for moon splitting and rejoining?

It was the work of Creator and He does what He wills, now ask you people how to do it.

If you do not know about any subject, why you poke into it?

JUBAIL, KSA

#208379 Jun 17, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that at all. The victor always writes history.
It is a strange case, you have no info of your own and you do not believe what is recorded as most authentic facts.

So history should be left "just as you wish and want it to be written"....then every one will have his own make - believe history.

Is that what you are aiming at?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Screenwriter needs to consult... May 25 Teslafan 1
Hands-on Archaeology of New Mexico Exhibit at t... May 23 Dairine 1
News Hair Extension Found On Ancient Egyptian Woman May 5 Akhenaten 1
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr '15 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr '15 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr '15 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr '15 Crazy Talk 12
More from around the web