Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#204301 Mar 29, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a great question, Alex.
You have silenced Lily.
Salaams
BMZ
Thank you, bro.
I am not sure if clueless lily understands that trinity buster!
I shell keep asking her..
Salaams
Alex WM
Alex WM

London, UK

#204302 Mar 29, 2014
LiLyknows wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us work dipwad.
I ignored it because the purpose of asking it requires circular reasoning on his part.
The nature of the Biblical God is not the same as the nature of moh's 'version' of 'god' he called 'allah'. We agree on that point. So there is no more need for you continue making a false association between them then right?
Why don;t you answer the question if you dare..

Hello clueless lily..

Was Jesus the "son of God" or the "son of god the father"?

Now that should keep you going..........

Hopefully "godfather" is not watching this!..
Alex WM

London, UK

#204303 Mar 29, 2014
LiLyknows wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us work dipwad.
I ignored it because the purpose of asking it requires circular reasoning on his part.
The nature of the Biblical God is not the same as the nature of moh's 'version' of 'god' he called 'allah'. We agree on that point. So there is no more need for you continue making a false association between them then right?
By the way clueless lily...
I am a tiny bit more familiar with "Christianity" than Islam for my past sins...

Now answer me without clinging to "allah" and "moh"....

Was Jesus the "son of God" or the "son of god the father"?

Now that should keep you going..........

Hopefully "godfather" is not watching this!..
Alex WM

London, UK

#204304 Mar 29, 2014
El Cid wrote:
The Qur'an is the truth.
How do we know it is the truth?
Because Mohammad said it is.
Who is Mohammad?
He is the Messenger of Allah who recited the Qur'an.
Who said that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah.
Allah did, in the Qur'an.
What does this prove?
NOTHING.
BJ is God
How do you know?
Because he didn't say it but he winked at you in a funny way!
Alex WM

London, UK

#204305 Mar 29, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Oops. Saigon is now Ho Chi Minh City, not Hanoi.
You have already corrected two of your own posts in succession!

Fools rush in..........
Alex WM

London, UK

#204306 Mar 29, 2014
LiLyknows wrote:
<quoted text>
Still the concept is not about 'three gods', you do not even have the brainpower to comprehend that 1) your allah isn't 'God' at all. 2) The God that the trinity is describing DOES have a personal SPIRIT (so not 2 gods) and 3) sent HIS Salvation (aka Messiah) which comes from God and not another 'god' either (3).
You don't really want to understand, that is why you don't. Stop whining about what you don't understand (God) and go back to your pagan idol that you can transform to be whatever you imagine (like your 'prophet' did). Hell, it's a fraud but then you can be happy in that you have created something that you can understand (because you can create it to be just as dumb and uncomplicated as you are).
Hello VERY clueless lily....
How does this work with ONE GOD?
Who are these THREE DISTINCT "persons":
"him (BJ the sonny)"
"dove (holy ghosty thingy)"
"the source of voice from heaven (daddy)"

Luke 3:22
and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

or was your monstrous christian god a darn good ventriloquist?
Alex WM

London, UK

#204307 Mar 29, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You are an ignorant fool. As for Muhammad, he only "recited" whatever he thought would gain him followers, no matter how concocted and contrived (read: Satanic verses).
Who was it who said that "his Excellency Gabriel" communicated the Qur'an to him?
Muhammad.
What does this prove?
NOTHING.
hello demented woodworker....
Invented gabriel and clever Mo have managed to bust your trinity and your false god!
They have indeed got loads of followers.....with ex "christians" making up a HUGE share..
Are you really really p'd off?
You CAN'T do A THING about it!
Alex WM

London, UK

#204308 Mar 29, 2014
I KEEL U 2 DETH wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is obvious. It did not say things in the exact words you demand. So what?...
pathetic fool...
In what other "exact words" did Jesus say he was indeed god the father, god the son or even god the holy ghost..?
Jesus NEVER made such absurd claims.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#204309 Mar 29, 2014
HUMANITY HEADING TOWARDS A SPIRITUAL WORLDVIEW

The maturing of humankind will put an end to the falsehoods of both religion as well as atheism with the world evolving to a spiritual view of existence based on consciousness as an essential component embedded in energy and matter.

This incisive and all-encompassing mystico-rational understanding of nature and self can cogently explain all the inexplicables of mind-matter, the question of the origins of universe and sentience, ethics, life, death, afterlife and the fine tuning of the laws of physics, chemistry, biology and psychology.

The mystico-rational basis has the potential to give rise to an illumined humanity who understands the core of existence through direct experiences in consciousness in which the subject-object is broken down.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#204310 Mar 29, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes he is all that, but let's not wish him harm my dear Joel.
I have not wished TRUTH SEEKER harm nor have I sent a yogic force of destruction his way.

I simply made a candid observation that TS and his family will be destroyed in the near future due to their bad karma.

2 weeks ago, TS admitted that he and his family were in deep trouble and I replied that I was not surprised since his karma is bad, very bad, and so harm came his and his family's way.

I am telling you again that I will not be surprised if TS and his family are soon completely destroyed on account of bad karma.
I KEEL U 2 DETH

Lowell, MA

#204312 Mar 29, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, nothing in Qur'aan comes from Muhammad. He recited it exactly as it was revealed./QUOTE]

So who is saying "may Allah destroy them"?
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp...
The may is in parenthesis for clarification because "Allah destroy them" is awkward so it's "may Allah destroy them because that's what it actually means. Allah destroy them and may Allah destroy them both mean the same exact thing, and both represent wanting or wishing for Allah to do something. Does Allah wish that Allah do something or does Muhammad wish that Allah do something? Which makes more sense? Do we say that Allah told Muhammad to say that Muhammad wishes that Allah destroy them? The statement is incredibly awkward, unless we see it as a wish of Muhammad's himself, based on the wording. Then, it isn't awkward at all, because that's what the words suggest by default, based on the words used.

[QUOTE who="bmz"]<quoted text>
There is no first person direct narrative from Muhammad in Qur'aan. I have already told you that you will find the words "Tell them", Qul in Arabic.
But there is no "tell them" in 9:30, so that idea fails in that case. In fact, many of the English translations have added the word "say" to many verses when it actually is not there if you look at the word for word English-Arabic comparison, because otherwise the verse sounds like it's Muhammad talking. And an Arab speaker would even know that and would be ignoring that. So to take care of those awkward parts, the word "say" is added to the translation when sometimes that is not in the actual Arabic at all,
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No where did Jesus suggest anything about being the 'Son of God' or 'God' or 'the Father'.
In fact, when tempted by Satan, he never replied, "Yes, Satan! I am the Son of God".
How about not giving Satan the respect of a direct answer? He did that a lot when he found people to be wrong, and he would naturally detest Satan even more.That's the way that exchange sounds like to me and most people (excluding block headed, little box thinking Muslims)..
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are clear verses in Qur'aan to show five times of prayer but you do not know.
Enough from my side. Good night
Have a nice weekend.
Hey, all you have to do is quote them. I read the Quran and I already know what you will quote. And one has to jump through a whole bunch of hoops and make a whole bunch of subjective assumptions before they can even begin hoping to display the exact conclusion of 5 times (not 3, not 6....). But the point is, nowhere does the Quran specifically say that one must pray at least five times per day. One has to grab a whole bunch of verses and interpret them in a certain way and piece them together in a certain way. So one has to read what the verses imply, not what they actually, explicitly say, because nowhere does the Quran actually say "the number prayers per day is 5". So if we use the same standards you apply to the Bible, where you demand that it says xyz, and even say it in the almost exact words you demand, then we could say that you have no reason to conclude the Quran says to pray 5 times per day, because it does not specifically say that.

So what is really going on is that you invalidate anybody being able to derive meaning from the implications of verses of the Bible, and instead demand it be explicitly said if it means what people think it implies, but when it comes to the Quran, you make no such demands and you are able to gain meaning from what you think are the implications of verses, without that meaning ever being explicitly said.

The core of the Muslim mind set is unconscious hypocrisy and an inability for examination of their own behavior.
I KEEL U 2 DETH

Lowell, MA

#204313 Mar 29, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
pathetic fool...
In what other "exact words" did Jesus say he was indeed god the father, god the son or even god the holy ghost..?
Jesus NEVER made such absurd claims.
There's plenty of them. If I handed you a Bible turned to a page that has that meaning, you'll just tear the page out, hand it back to me and ask me to find it in the Bible again, while you are holding that page in your hand after you tore it out. I don't think I could put what you always do any more simply and clearly and I think the analogy is so spot on, that even a small mind such as yours can now comprehend the point and see what you are doing. If you want to invalidate the Bible, that's your choice. But don't tell people that certain things are not in the Bible when you yourself rip the pages out that has them. People do not pull these ideas out of thin air and there are plenty of verses that could support their ideas, or at least we can clearly see where they are getting them from. so this idea that these ideas are nowhere to be found in the Bible is nothing but utter bullsh!t from desperate people who are willing to paint or invent anything they feel like, whether true or not. The only thing that matters is whether they think it will work or not. So cheat, twist, skew, distort, divert, deflect, be evasive etc.....whatever it takes, right?
I KEEL U 2 DETH

Lowell, MA

#204314 Mar 29, 2014
My imitation of Phallics saying his name when his boyfriend is around.

"My ame ith Phowics".
I KEEL U 2 DETH

Lowell, MA

#204315 Mar 29, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus and Muhammed PBUT
"PBUT" LOL!!! Is that supposed to be something that people have to say after they say your name?
PEE BUTT. PEA BRAIN. It all stinks to me. PUBH.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#204316 Mar 29, 2014
typo

in which the subject-object DIVIDE is broken down.
I KEEL U 2 DETH

Lowell, MA

#204317 Mar 29, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello mentally sick person....
For how many years did your "god" wait since Adam's "sin" to come in human form to kill himself so that dumbasses like can have eternal life of "torment" in hell?
Get your shrunken brain around it...
I never made any stupid statements like God having to act fast like BMZ did. Only people who don't know the future and can be caught off guard have to act fast. I didn't make the stupid blunder of saying that God had to act fast, and Muhammad was in the neighborhood. That's the kind of thing that someone would say to a little kid to weave bedtime stories about Islam to them. Look at even what the statement "Muhammad was in the neighborhood" means. Hey Gabriel, I didn't expect things to get out of hand like this, I need to act fast, who's in that neighborhood right now? Muhammad? Close enough. It's too expensive to fly someone in from Syria, and besides I'm saving my white horse for the night journey.
I KEEL U 2 DETH

Lowell, MA

#204318 Mar 29, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hello demented woodworker....
Invented gabriel and clever Mo have managed to bust your trinity and your false god!
They have indeed got loads of followers.....with ex "christians" making up a HUGE share..
Are you really really p'd off?
You CAN'T do A THING about it!
Here it is folks. Exact evidence of what I always say. Muslims are under the illusion that popularity or numbers equate to truth. Most wise people don't even take numbers or popularity into account when trying to assess the truth. They realize that this is irrelevant. In fact, sometimes if something is popular, it is often wrong. So popularity means nothing. But nobody has ever taught Muslims that. This is why numbers are everything to them. So the only thing that matters to them in any conversation is not the truth, but defending Islam and increasing it's numbers. The truth can be worried about later, just get the numbers, no matter what it takes. Twist, distort, bend Islam, paint whatever picture the person wants to see. Just get those numbers.

The funniest part about Muslims is that they say Islam is true because it is the fastest growing ideology (whether that's true or not, they don't care, just represent it as that anyway). But it would appear that the fastest growing ideology is Atheism, and it looks like it will continue to be the fastest growing ideology if we look at the trends. So does that mean Atheism is the truth? You silly, silly, stupid fools. you deserve to be duped, because you refuse to think and reflect on your own ideas and the stupidity of them.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#204319 Mar 29, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
You do it SO well, bro!
Will Shamma get past the first sentence....Time will tell..May Allah guide her to the truth.
Salaams
Alex WM
Thank you, bro

Salaams
BMZ
I KEEL U 2 DETH

Lowell, MA

#204320 Mar 29, 2014
Anybody who refers to numbers or thinks that is important proof of the truth of their religion, has no faith. The numbers are their faith, not God. The reinforcement that others agree with them is their faith. Not God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#204321 Mar 29, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, bro.
I am not sure if clueless lily understands that trinity buster!
I shell keep asking her..
Salaams
Alex WM
Welcome, bro

Please keep repeating that great question whenever you can. It must remain on all pages.

You are the first person who came with that brilliant question.

Salaams
BMZ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan 15 Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan 3 John 1
King Tut's Dagger was Made From a Meteorite Jan 3 John 1
Grid Gardens Dec '17 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov '17 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
More from around the web