Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 225779 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

LiLyknows

Winnsboro, TX

#203022 Mar 11, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in what Isaiah wrote then do not believe in the fictitious characters, known as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, who do not exist besides the LORD God Almighty.
Isaiah and other prophets were sent ONLY to the House of Israel. Muhammad was not sent to the House of Israel. He was not an Israelite.
After reading your post, I must say that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost look like three stooges to me.
I believe what is in the Great Isaiah Scroll, you are the one under the false assumption that the personal spirit of God and his Salvation exist BESIDES God. The prophecies of the Messiah are contained in the Great Isaiah Scroll, and refer to the nature of the Messiah and the mission (that is completely absent in the koran). The scroll contains the tetragrammaton in ancient Hebrew script (proving the Name wasn't corrupted for the sole purpose of proving mohammed was a false prophet). The scroll also makes it clear that the Spirit of God is a PERSONAL (own) Spirit:

Isaiah (Chapter 30:1) Woe to the rebelling children says YHWH for making counsel but not from me and for covering with a cover but not of my Spirit for the purpose of adding sin to sin.

(40:13.) Who measured out the Spirit of YHWH or what man being his counsellor brought him knowledge.(14.) And who was His counsellor, or who brought Him understanding, or taught him in the path of judgment, or taught him knowledge, and the way of understanding caused Him to know.

and

(40:3.) A voice crying in the wilderness, Prepare the way of the YHWH, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

which was claimed to be fulfilled here:

He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. John 1:23.

Announcing the coming of the 'Word'(aka Messiah/Salvation & called the 'Son').
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#203023 Mar 11, 2014
I AM ONLY A WARNER wrote:
Our appointment With the one and only God of Adam Noah Abraham Moses Jesus and Muhammad PEACE be upon them all is coming and only to God we will answer individually.
Which God? The Muslim version? Christian version? Jewish version? Hindu version? Buddhist version? etc.........

Oh, wait. I know. The only correct version is Muhammad's version. Why? Because he said so. So who says he is right? The Quran. Who says the Quran is right? Muhammad. Who says Muhammad is right? The Quran. Who says the Quran is right? Muhammad. Who says Muhammad is right? The Quran.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#203024 Mar 11, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither! Know ye that it is my knowledge.
Proven: Your arrogance is greater.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#203025 Mar 11, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No! I referred to the three stooges.
I wrote the truth to Lily, who knows nothing. Here it is once again:
"I must say that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost look like three stooges to me."
The real question is what you look like to them, Brainfart.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#203026 Mar 11, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
So here's yet another dose of stupid contradictory BMZ logic
A) Jesus' mission failed miserably
B) Satan wanted revenge against Jesus because his mission was such a failure
What kind of a retard actually thinks this way? It blows my mind.
That's why I now call him Brainfart.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#203027 Mar 11, 2014
The truth I believe is beyond clear to anyone with a brain.
The truth I believe is that the MUSLIM record makes clear that Mohammad was a thieving, murdering, enslaving, rape-enabling warlord. Somehow this is OK with "Allah," but it's not OK with me. I guess that makes me an infidel, by your lights...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#203028 Mar 11, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
People such as that can have more common sense than most, and that's how they achieve things. They just use common sense for alternate purposes. Do you mean to tell me that a Mob boss has no common sense?
<quoted text>
I'm really undecided between Muhammad being a manipulator or having a true mental disorder (i.e. truly believing himself). As with almost any question, the answer is usually a little bit of both.
It helps to know about Mohammad's formative experiences:

See: http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#203029 Mar 11, 2014
uhuh wrote:
before the Romans could market him as god, they first had to romanize the features of this ugly jewish dwarf
Tell us all about the Messiah that you expect...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#203030 Mar 11, 2014
uhuh?

Hit and run...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#203031 Mar 11, 2014
Our appointment With the one and only God of Adam Noah Abraham Moses Jesus and Muhammad PEACE be upon them all is coming and only to God we will answer individually. The truth I believe is beyond clear to anyone with a brain. Jesus Christ was a messenger and praised Allah and taught that everyone should do the same. Subhan'Allah..
My precious friends...
Spread the knowledge so it will be Sadqa-e-Jaaria (everlasting charity) for you and for me... In'Shaa'Allah.
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:“Whoever directs someone to a good, then he will have the reward equal to the doer of the action.”[Muslim 1893]
Muhammad killed for Satan!
Is that good?
Muslims kill for the sake of Satan as their god.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#203032 Mar 11, 2014
LiLyknows wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan inspires the worship of idols, that isn't a contradiction. So there is no confusion or change of stance. It is no surprise how much 'allah' and satan sound alike in the unholy koran and even claim to teach the same things as moh taught. No wonder moh couldn't tell the difference (they were the same).
Why would Satan invoke curse against himself, in a book written by him?

You are so contradictory that even a child can find hole in your argument.

That is what happens when you try to prove black is white.

Just putting hate words and insults would not prove your case.

JUBAIL, KSA

#203033 Mar 11, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another lie ... In south India there are 108 Visnu Temples collectively known as Divya Desam. The no. 108 is suggestive, it signifies 108 names of the Lord Sri Krishna.
Sri Ramanujacharya was one of the greatest proponent of Vaisnavism and he hails from South India. In his Gita Commentary, he also accepted Lord Krishna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He also started sreemaths which has many branches.
According to all Famous Proponents of Vaisnavism, Krishna is the God Almighty and he is not different from Narayana or, Visnu. In fact, Krishna is the original source of Visnu.
Please do not lie to prove your point .....
Again you are trying to confuse people.

If there are Vishnu temples in India, it does not mean they are Krishna temples.

Krishna is supposed to be "One" of the many Avtars of Vishnu.

All these details which you provided is not helping your cause.

You told a lie when you said 99.98 % of Hindus worship Krishna as God.....the truth is that he is "One" of the myriads of gods and goddesses of Hinduism.

Most of Krishna temples in India are of recent origin. Like ISKON temples!!
uhuh

Spain

#203034 Mar 11, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Tell us all about the Messiah that you expect...
uhuh? Hit and run...
i don't check every so often (read: not addicted) on ads-laden Topix like some people do

the messiah should be a warrior/king/law-enforcer, not a midget

Acts of Paul reports of another midget, PAUL
...with balding head and a hooked nose to boot
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#203035 Mar 11, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are trying to confuse people.
If there are Vishnu temples in India, it does not mean they are Krishna temples.
Krishna is supposed to be "One" of the many Avtars of Vishnu.
All these details which you provided is not helping your cause.
----
Most of Krishna temples in India are of recent origin. Like ISKON temples!!
I have already proved that Visnu is same as "Krishna" ... There is no need for me to prove it any more.
In my above post I have already mentioned that "Ramanujacharya" the greatest proponent of Visnu Temples in south India have already in his Gita commentary accepted "Krishna" as the God Almighty and same as "Narayana". Please note following opinion by Ramanujacharya about Lord Sri Krishna in his Gita Commentary -
<<The Nature of the Incarnation Krishna:
The Supreme Being, Sriman Narayana, projected the entire universe, beginning with Brahma(the creator) down to plants and Animals. Being inaccessible in His transcendental form (As Sri Krishna) for meditation and worship by sentient beings including Brahma, gods, humans etc., and being an ocean of compassion and loving condescension, maternal affection and generosity He took forms in the likeness of various kinds of beings. In this act of self embodiment His own transcendental nature was not in any way compromised. Thus the Supreme Lord took birth in the world in order to receive the worship of devotees and in order to grant them their desired goals comprising of Dharma(righteousness, duty), Artha(material prosperity), Kama(Sense gratification) and Moksha (Liberation), each in accordance with his/her individual desires.Under the pretext of relieving the earth of its burdens, but really in order to make Himself available for us (frail humans) to take refuge in Him, the Lord incarnated on the earth as Sri Krishna. He thus manifested Himself to all beings. He engaged in divine pastimes which captivated the minds and hearts of all, high and low. He vanquished demoniac beings such as Putana, Kamsa etc. He spread joy and beatitude over the entire world with the nectar of His glances and speech, demonstrating His boundless compassion, friendliness and love for all. He made Akrura, Malakara, Arjuna and others the most ardent of devotees by the manifestation of His unsurpassed qualities of beauty and loving compassion.With the ostensible intention of encouraging the sons of Pandu in their duty of engaging in war, He revealed the teaching of Bhakti(devotion) directed at Himself. This Yoga of Devotion was promulgated together with the subsidiary disciplines of gyana (meditation) and karma (selfless work).The Yoga of Devotion has been taught as the path to the ultimate goal of liberation. When the internecine war between the sons of Pandu and the descendants of Kuru broke out, Krishna, the Supreme Being, the God of all gods, overwhelmed by His love for those devotees who had taken refuge in Him, took upon Himself the humble role of the charioteer of Arjuna, so that He could be seen by all the people. Even though the King Dhritarastra, who was blind both physically and spiritually, knew that Krishna was the Supreme Being, he expressed a desire to hear about the military competence of his son Suyodhana (Duryodhana) and questioned Sanjaya his chief minister >> (Extract from "Gita Bhasya" by Sri Ramanujacharya)

So, MUQ, please stop repeating the same old question over and over again .... I am not here to tell any lies, In fact I am already so much immersed in his devotion that all this posting business is also becoming meaningless for me .... You can not imagine the amount of Transcendental pleasure for one who has progress in devotion of "Krishna" ....
Believe me, he is God of the Universe, I am already feeling the same within me .... Just try to read Gita with devotion and chant the mantra .... Within 2 months, you will notice the changes .... I can guarantee it ....
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#203037 Mar 11, 2014
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:“Whoever directs someone to a good, then he will have the reward equal to the doer of the action.”[Muslim 1893]
Then Why are you disobeying "Allah" by directing frequenters of this thread towards something as Bad as this ??????????

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#203038 Mar 11, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the same exact sort of things every day with the same result and you have been doing so for quite some time now. So how about considering some place else where maybe you can be more effective? Why is God telling you to be a moronic and repetitive parrot on an insignificant forum?
rabbee: so do you expect G-D'S Truth to change, to suit your mood? because if your g-ds truth continually changes, then your g-ds are all liars.

and i tell you what, you complain to G-D, that The His Son's truth never changes to suit your personal liking. and let me know, how that works out for you.

and so yes i am always saying the same thing, because G-D'S truth does not change. no matter how much the devil, has personally convinced you to change it yourself.

Denver, CO

#203039 Mar 11, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the same exact sort of things every day with the same result and you have been doing so for quite some time now. So how about considering some place else where maybe you can be more effective? Why is God telling you to be a moronic and repetitive parrot on an insignificant forum?
rabbee: and of course what G-D, has already commanded me to do. does not make a lot of sense, to this world of highly intellectual pagan imbeciles. i stood in The Presence of G-D, as THEY told me my life story. and nobody but G-D, can change my destiny. i do not get a choice, in what is commanded to happen according to G-D here in TheTorah Happening. this world just does not recognize, how dangerous their ignorance and stupidity is against G-D.

Denver, CO

#203040 Mar 11, 2014
and maybe if this world learned their first lesson from G-D and The His Son, we could move on to lesson 2.

Denver, CO

#203041 Mar 11, 2014
so no! G-D'S truth is not going to change, to make you all happy campers against HIM.

JUBAIL, KSA

#203042 Mar 11, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already proved that Visnu is same as "Krishna" ... There is no need for me to prove it any more.
Just by you saying that Vishnu is Krishna, it will not happen.

Krishna is "supposed" to be "One of the" Avtars of Vishnu.

So Vishnu shall remain Vishnu and Krishna shall remain Krishna.

And it is so strange that you have forgotten about Other gods of Hinduism, what about Shiva and what about Brahma?

Do not try to confuse people by wrong logic and just writing whatever comes into your mind about your god Krishna.

Is there no other Hindu on this thread, that can respond to your post?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From riches to ruins: Ancient Greeks 'stored mi... Jul 1 SpaceBlues 1
News Mummified Remains Found in Indiana Jun 29 wichita-rick 6
News El Paso Museum of Archaeology trails need repair Jun 29 eyes of texas 1
News Islamic State Group Blows up 2 Mausoleums in Sy... Jun 26 Mawar 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jun 20 Frankie Lucas 1,972
News Before us, the Chickasaw: Their history is ofte... Jun 20 Different times 1
News LBL managers working on plans, seeking input on... (Jun '10) Jun 13 Just Sayin 2
More from around the web