Who Is Allah?

There are 219942 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#202206 Mar 3, 2014
[QUOTE who="JOEL COOL DUDE]So, we may infer that Jesus tried desperately to win over people through sensational display of ordinary yogic powers but laughably his yogic powers deserted him when he was beaten and hung on the cross like a criminal.[/QUOTE]You understand nothing about vicarious atonement. It's a Jewish thing.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#202207 Mar 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Virgin birth is myth. There's nothing like it.
I think Jesus was conceived in a satanic ritual or that he was conceived by Mary's lovers during pre-marital sex that she indulged in.
I think that you don't have a clue, but that doesn't stop you from vomiting your vile opinions all over the place.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202208 Mar 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
REPENTANT JESUS
Penitent criminals, on their death beds, usually pray for those they've harmed or who opposed their criminal activities.
At the time of his death, Jesus, apparently, had a change of heart and so like a repentant criminal he prayed for the Jews who he had cursed all his life for refusing to accept his heretical teachings.
Jesus was a rogue who deserved what he got.
If Yeshua deserved to die in that he did because have cursed some Jews, then what end we should expect from you who wished the sons of Shamma to be sodomize or the daughter of Frijoles being cut with the blade? Besides, you claimed to have killed your parents and a street dog.

According to what you said then you deserve what the Nazarene had or even worst since you killed living beings.

Sow what you reap, right?

Location hidden

#202209 Mar 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Foreigners did not find his teachings attractive and aside from those 12 Jews none of the other Jews were interested in becoming his close disciples.
Wrong.

There were a bunch of gentiles who asked for the Nazarene.

You, obviously never read the Gospels... According to them, the Nazarene chose among the Jews his disciples.

Even a Jew was on the record (according to the Gospels) to be a disciple of Yeshua, but he was more attached to money than to the Nazarene...
Kim yong jyong lee

United States

#202210 Mar 3, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother bmz, can you recommend some books that I can read so that I can understand Islam from your perspective? I know that there is the Koran, I am also looking for something else. I have a good collection of Islamic books by both muslims and non, but I would like to read some more.
lol

read

Kalki avtar and hazrat muhammad by
Pundit ved Prakash upadhyay

hazrat muhammad and indian religious scriptures by
M.A Shrivatsav

Location hidden

#202211 Mar 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do the Gospels report these lines attributing to Jesus the status of a divine incarnation - "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was made flesh and it dwelt among us.." and next "He who has seen the Son has seen the Father" and lastly "I and my Father are one"?
So, in view of the Gospel statements as typed above, Jesus must have surely told his disciples about him being a divine incarnation.
According to the logic displayed in your post, everytime you falsely accused a poster of being possessed by HVP (LOL) then people that come after that accusation have to think that you stated like that because these posters had told you so. This logic is stupid and so are you.

None of these quote prove that his disciples thought he was god or divine. It's not a secret that the Gospels were highly distorted...

Moreover, had his disciples thought he was god, then at the news of his resurrection they wouldn't had doubts of it...
Kim yong jyong lee

United States

#202212 Mar 3, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Indeed !!!!
I only worship "Krsna" or, "Visnu" or, "Narayana" or, "Christos" or, "Ishvar". The other names (Shiva, Brhama, Ganesh etc..) are as non existent to me as that imaginary "Allah" of Mohammad.
See, what "Bhagavan" wrote in Bhagavd Gita -
kamais tais tair hrta-jnanah
prapadyante 'nya-devatah
tam tam niyamam asthaya
prakrtya niyatah svaya (Gita 7:20)
Meaning: Those whose minds are distorted by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.
Also see the following verse -
yo yo yam yam tanum bhaktah
sraddhayarcitum icchati
tasya tasyacalam sraddham
tam eva vidadhamy aham (Gita 7:21)
Meaning: I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship the demigods, I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to some particular deity.
And also the following -
sa taya sraddhaya yuktas
tasyaradhanam ihate
labhate ca tatah kaman
mayaiva vihitan hi tan (Gita 7:22)
Meaning: Endowed with such a faith, he seeks favors of a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.
PURPORT : Did you understand anything from the above three verses?? It is quite clearly declared by the LORD that there is no other GOD but him and him alone.The verse 7:21 is clearly specifying that Demigods are created by "Krsna" to satisfy the particular nature of a Man (Goodness, Passion or, Ignorance), but in reality they are non entities. As "Krsna" is seated in everyone's heart as "paramatma", every individual's nature is not hidden from him and accordingly, these Demigods are created for Humans to worship. This is simply a test of faith of the Living Entity. The one who is truly God Conscious will automatically worship "Visnu" or, "Krsna".
The True God Almighty does not want to gather followers by force. He wants true devotees who will earn the right to live with him in Kingdom of God. The 3rd verse is confirming the fact that all other Demigods are simply powerless and all benefits are bestowed by "Krsna" alone.
You have no idea about "Krsna" or, "Bhagavad Gita" and you are simply speaking without any Knowledge. Period.
krishna was human
i proved it to you..!

and do your family worship shiv Linga??

and what do you think about allopnishad????

Location hidden

#202213 Mar 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainless idiot,
Didn't you understand what I meant by way of analogy - equating a penitent criminal's attempt to wish well or to pray for those who he's harmed?
Did I say Jesus the criminal directly apologized for all his misdeeds?
I said a repentant criminal can, on his death bed, make amends for all his wrong doings by praying for those he's harmed.
This is a subtle manner of offering an apology.
Jesus was punished by his opponents for the abuses, curses and threats and for heresy and it appears that Jesus, in the end, after being thoroughly defeated and fully humiliated, realized his mistakes when his opponents got the better of him, and, by way of making amends, like a penitent criminal, he prayed for those who were against him.
During his crocifixion he didn't apologize nor repent. You are making things up as you go.

Location hidden

#202214 Mar 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool,
The Gospels themselves report Jesus' virgin birth.
Virgin birth is myth. There's nothing like it.
I think Jesus was conceived in a satanic ritual or that he was conceived by Mary's lovers during pre-marital sex that she indulged in.
Yes, some canonical Gospels report his virgin birth, but that was not the point. You are on the record to have written that 12 Jews were convinced that Jesus was miraculously born to a virgin.

Prove it.

How do you know that the virgin birth was not a later addiction?

Location hidden

#202215 Mar 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
End of exchange on Jesus, the deranged criminal, who was born illegitimately as a result of his mother indulging in pre-marital sex. Jesus was an evil man as seen in his vile teachings.
Have you not said that the wedding is a useless institution and that there is no need to do it?
Then why you complain if someone was born illegitinately?

You can't have a cake and eat it too. Either pre-marital sex is wrong or you are a liar. It's on display the fact you are unbiased towards the Nazarene.

However, I agree with you about to end the exchanges on Yeshua, since it's evident you haven't read the Gospels.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#202216 Mar 3, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
Brother bmz, can you recommend some books that I can read so that I can understand Islam from your perspective? I know that there is the Koran, I am also looking for something else. I have a good collection of Islamic books by both muslims and non, but I would like to read some more.
Brother Mahmood,

If you wish to understand Islam from my perspective, then I would sincerely suggest that you read Koraan and forget other books.

Koraan is The Book and stands Supreme over all the books.

Also, I would strongly suggest that you should not carry your past baggage that you dropped. In fact, you should stay away from Islam and Koraan and try to be a good non-Muslim as well as a good ex-Muslim.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Singapore

#202217 Mar 3, 2014
Kim yong jyong lee wrote:
lol

read

Kalki avtar and hazrat muhammad by
Pundit ved Prakash upadhyay

hazrat muhammad and indian religious scriptures by
M.A Shrivatsav
Thanks for recommending the books to brother Mahmood. I would also like to read them.
bmz

Singapore

#202218 Mar 3, 2014
El Cid wrote:
False.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

John 12:20 Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival. 21 They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request.“Sir,” they said,“we would like to see Jesus.” 22 Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.
So, what did Jesus tell the Greeks? I don't see him meeting them or talking to them.

Such strange and meaningless insertions in John are odd and show forgeries.
bmz

Singapore

#202219 Mar 3, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
Looks like some foreigner, a non-Jew wrote that.

It should have been:

"Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Romans; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Please note that I have inserted the correct word 'Romans', to whom he was finally handed over.

The problem with John is that many Johns wrote John.
bmz

Singapore

#202220 Mar 3, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But you have never bothered yourself to read the Gospels, right?

That the Nazarene lacked of military power and therefore he couldn't kill his opponents, is a bmz's answer, that doesn't make any sense. Why? If Yeshua attempted to recruit people for a war, but failed then that answer make sense. but if he had no intention of doing that, your accusation falls.
Actually, it is you, who has not read the gospels well. Jesus was up to something.

Read this from Luke 22:

" 36 He said to them,“But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

And look at the stingy disciples' reply in Luke 22:38

38 The disciples said,“See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That’s enough!” he replied."

Jesus knew they were not willing to sell everything and were not willing to buy sword. The answer "See, Lord, here are two swords.” already showed him they were weaklings and wimps. If you were in his place, you would have felt being pissed off!
bmz

Singapore

#202221 Mar 3, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But he as a prophet of god could have fight the invaders and free the so called Promised Land.

If the fact of doing nothing was his great weakness and failure, then it goes without saying that Allah was even worse, since he's powerful and omniscient and heck he couldn't arm his prophet, making him an useless instrument, to your eyes. I wonder what Allah may think about you that dared to criticize HIS work?
That he did not do. I don't think that was on his agenda. He came to reform Judaism. The Romans were not on his radar.

We are talking about the biblical Jesus. This story has nothing to do with Allah.

Allah has told us through Qur'aan that the son of Mary, was neither killed nor crucified. That is enough for us. And we know after reading all the gospels that the crucifixion is a hoax.

Now, do you believe that he was really crucified, resurrected himself and went into heavens?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#202222 Mar 3, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read a simple translation of Qur'aan in English? I believe you have not.
It is mostly Allah, who is talking to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel.
No Spirit ever appeared to Moses.
Qur'aan does not refer to Bible or the New Testament or gospels at all. It does not even mention the words Bible and the New Testament or the Gospels at all.
The "Word of God" in Qur'aan simply means the message of God and in case of Mary, the word of God was the good news that she would conceive and give birth to a child, without any man touching her.
That is the point!
Allah never talks with his own voice.
That proves the Quran is not the word of God but rather the words of an unknown spirit that no one has ever seen.
bmz

Singapore

#202223 Mar 3, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is the point!
Allah never talks with his own voice.
That proves the Quran is not the word of God but rather the words of an unknown spirit that no one has ever seen.
Qur'aan is THE word of God. The New Testament IS not! It is a collection of words by men, who never even sat in the company of the Son of Mary.

The absurd Triune God of Christianity DOES NOT exist! So, do not talk about God concocted by pagans.

Please peddle your Christianity founded by pagans, else where. Thanks
No Nonsense

Italy

#202224 Mar 3, 2014
Read the Qu'ran
Spiritual Ristey

New York, NY

#202225 Mar 3, 2014
To know Islam is to love Islam

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hair Extension Found On Ancient Egyptian Woman May 5 Akhenaten 1
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr 27 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr 26 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr '15 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr '15 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr '15 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr '15 Polaris 60
More from around the web