Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

WobblyHead

New York, NY

#201639 Feb 23, 2014
Curryslurper yuck, yonislurper mmm.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#201640 Feb 23, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel was looking for you.
Please do not misinform the readers. Christianity is the second religion after Hinduism that teaches people to worship Jesus. And you know jolly well that Christianity is based on absurd
doctrines and lies.
What is worst, a group of people that worships, a man who for the most part said good things, as god, or a group of people that worships a man who was a pedophile, killer, liar, slaver, rape enabler, sex pervert, etc., as a prophet of god?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201641 Feb 23, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I said, you people are interested only on one side of his life, I am presenting the other side, so there would be a balance.
let every one pick and choose.
You are in fact HELPING our cause!!
Your belief is that Mohammad was given wisdom and knowledge and wealth by Allah, but the record is clear that he obtained his wealth by robbery, extortion, and murder.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201642 Feb 23, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I said, you people are interested only on one side of his life, I am presenting the other side, so there would be a balance.
let every one pick and choose.
You are in fact HELPING our cause!!
Bukhari:V9B87N127 "The Prophet said,'I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with terror so the treasures of the earth were given to me.'"

Mohammad the Terrorist
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#201643 Feb 23, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief is that Mohammad was given wisdom and knowledge and wealth by Allah, but the record is clear that he obtained his wealth by robbery, extortion, and murder.
How long will you keep on bullshitting?

Muhammad died a pauper, Mischievous Ignorant Fool

He had no wealth, no palaces and had nothing.

Muhammad was definitely richer in wisdom and knowledge compared with your Jesus.
bmz

Location hidden

#201644 Feb 23, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Bukhari:V9B87N127 "The Prophet said,'I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with terror so the treasures of the earth were given to me.'"
Mohammad the Terrorist
Here is Yahweh the Terrorist, or the Father the Terrorist, or Jesus the Terrorist in his past role.

"I'll go ahead of you and terrorize all the people to whom you are coming."

LMAO!
bmz

Location hidden

#201646 Feb 23, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'an 9:29 "Fight against those People of the Book [Christians and Jews] who do not follow what Allah and His Messenge acknowledge as the true religion (Islam), nor accept Our law, until they pay the Jizyah tribute tax in submission."
Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their children and woman taken as captives. The captives were divided among the Muslims. Then the Messenger began taking the homes and property that were closest to him."
Tabari IX:86 "He orders you to give one fifth of Allah's booty and pay the zakat tax. It is enjoined on the faithful from their land and property.... And don't seduce the Jews or Christians for incumbent on them is to pay the jizyah protection tax. Allah's Apostle dispersed his representatives to every land where Islam had entered to collect the zakat."
Do you copy and paste such translations from the notoriously famous Christian megalomaniac crook Craig Winn, who distorts translations?
bmz

Location hidden

#201647 Feb 23, 2014
Shamma wrote:
The religion of Islam is the worship of the man Muhammad.
Muslims do not worship anybody else besides Allah, the LORD Almighty. Muhammad was only a messenger of God. He was a slave of God just like Jesus was. While the mission of Jesus the slave flopped, Muhammad accomplished the mission given to him by God.

It is Christianity that teaches Christians to worship a man instead of the LORD Almighty.

Jesus was no more than a man but you worship him in vain.

Question time:

Did Jesus ask any bloody fool to worship him? Did he openly say, "Worship me!"?
bmz

Location hidden

#201648 Feb 23, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their children and woman taken as captives. The captives were divided among the Muslims. Then the Messenger began taking the homes and property that were closest to him."
Whose men?

What had those men done?
bmz

Location hidden

#201649 Feb 23, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Tabari IX:86 "He orders you to give one fifth of Allah's booty and pay the zakat tax. It is enjoined on the faithful from their land and property.... And don't seduce the Jews or Christians for incumbent on them is to pay the jizyah protection tax. Allah's Apostle dispersed his representatives to every land where Islam had entered to collect the zakat."
Who needs Tabari?

Allah had already ordered Zakat and Jizyah in Qur'aan.

If you go through your Bible, the Father collected booty and enforced Jizyah, which was quite a norm in the ancient world. It is now known as War reparation.

Will your dumb highness include the pagan Meccans in your Jizyah list, please?

Also, would your dumb highness tell us which Christian community during the Prophet's time, paid Jizyah after fighting a battle with Muslims and what battles were fought between Christians and Muslims in Mecca or Medina?

The Christians of Arabia back then were hypocrites, and mostly stayed away. They did not side with the truth and instead aligned with pagans, being pagans themselves.
bmz

Location hidden

#201650 Feb 23, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Consciousness is closely tied to electrical activity if it is not a direct manifestation of electricity that acts in various stages of material organization.
Make it simple, Joel. There is no need to use jargon.

When a man is dead, there is even no electrical activity. So, there is no consciousness in a dead body.
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#201651 Feb 23, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad was definitely richer in wisdom and knowledge compared with your Jesus.
See what you do, when convenient, you bank on spurious traditions. You said "Mohammad died a pauper", where is it in the Koran? So which one of those liars and ignorant fools gave you this information, Ben Issac, Bukhari, Muslim, Tabari, Waqidi, or Baladhuri?
Mahmood

Brampton, Canada

#201652 Feb 23, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs Tabari?
If you go through your Bible, the Father collected booty and enforced Jizyah, which was quite a norm in the ancient world. It is now known as War reparation.
Will your dumb highness include the pagan Meccans in your Jizyah list, please?
Also, would your dumb highness tell us which Christian community during the Prophet's time, paid Jizyah after fighting a battle with Muslims and what battles were fought between Christians and Muslims in Mecca or Medina?
The Christians of Arabia back then were hypocrites, and mostly stayed away. They did not side with the truth and instead aligned with pagans, being pagans themselves.
Are there any historical records of religious warfare between Xtians, Pagans, & Jews over religion in Arabia?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201653 Feb 23, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Call Bukhari a liar, will you?

Golly gosh wow, what did Muhammad -that thieving, enslaving, rape enabling, oath breaking murderer- do with the "treasures of the earth" that he would die a pauper, especially in light of this:

Qur'an 93:4 "Soon will your Lord give you so much you shall be well pleased.... Did He not find you poor and made you rich?"
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201654 Feb 23, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs Tabari?
That is, ALLAH/MUHAMMAD ordered Zakat and Jizyah in Qur'aan.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201655 Feb 23, 2014
bmz wrote:
Thus saith the LORD!!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201656 Feb 23, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose men?
What had those men done?
Gee, let me guess. They rejected Muhammad as a false prophet, which is why they fought against his rule???
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201657 Feb 23, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you copy and paste such translations from the notoriously famous Christian megalomaniac crook Craig Winn, who distorts translations?
Now's your chance to post the CORRECT translations of those same passages. Do so, now.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201658 Feb 23, 2014
http://quran.com/9/29

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture -[fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Actually, bmz, the CORRECT translation makes your "prophet" look even worse than Craig Winn ever hoped to make him look.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201659 Feb 23, 2014
Proven: Muhammad was an extortionist, no different than a Mafia Don who collects "protection" fees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
More from around the web