Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199658 Jan 18, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Truly truly, I further confirm that TS is a Pagan "wash closet" Trinity promoter.
Salaams
Alex WM
even so ..what?
you are a promoter of 'REAL' Jesus so why is what you're doing --muslim- from what a ""pagan"" and idolater "hindu" would do ?

foxily naive to accuse others of your own practices Alex!!
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199659 Jan 18, 2014
**different from
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#199661 Jan 18, 2014
THE ONUS IS ON BELIEVERS TO PROVE GOD:

I simply laugh out loud when I hear deluded and naive religious nuts asking atheists or nonbelievers to "disprove" the existence of God.

The onus is fully on the believers in God to provide evidence about this deity (God) since when we investigate nature and its embodied laws and natural phenomenon like life we find no evidence whatsoever to support any belief in a creator God.

Nature and its laws and its phenomena and its living forms are constituted exclusively of energy, matter and consciousness that gradually emerge from a state of singularity at various levels of the cosmic hierarchy.

The whole of cosmic existence with its innate operations is based completely on the triune of energy, matter and consciousness and so everything in existence should be explained exclusively in terms of energy, matter and consciousness.

Whereas, belief in religion rests on irrational ideas uncorroborated by evidence like:

1) "spirit" that can neither be defined nor is there the tiniest shred of evidence in support of it,

2) the state of nothing that can neither be defined nor supported by an atom of evidence,

3) extra-cosmic God having no causal link with anything in existence which is illogical and for which there's no evidence, and

4) creation from nothing whose causal mechanism cannot be explained.

So, atheists, who take their realistic stand on proven universals like energy, matter and consciousness to explain the whole of existence are justified in debunking the very idea of God and the rest of the religious mumbo that have nothing to do with the universal realities based on the workings of energy, matter and consciousness.

The day believers can produce evidence of spirit, the state of nothing, the mechanism of creation from nothing and of uncausal extra-cosmicism then only can atheists begin taking religious claims seriously but until then religion is just a laughing stock and believers a bunch of irrational jokers.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199662 Jan 18, 2014
JOEL wrote:
KRISHNA, JESUS AND MUHAMMAD MET A BAD END FOR BEING FALSE PROPHETS:
1) Krishna, the mass murderer and sex pervert, met a bad end - he was killed by an arrow released from the bow of an archer!
2) Similarly, Jesus met a bad end by being hung on the cross like a criminal for spreading lies, for acting egoistically, for preaching violence, for killing a fig tree, on account of calling for the murder of his detractors and so on.
3) In the same way, Muhammad was poisoned and as a result met a bad end for indulging in mass murder of his opponents, for spreading hatred or intolerance, for preaching superstitions that have been easily debunked by science and by logic and for forcibly extorting money in the form of zakat and jizziya.
and of all three Allah "raised" Jesus only up to be next to him

now that s funny really

first time a last but one comes first and highest

hahaa that was so good

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#199663 Jan 18, 2014
From a mystical perspective and from a medical viewpoint, Jesus executed an OBE to make it appear that he was "dead" but after 3 days in the discarnate state his disembodied conscious-energy field re-entered his body and he revived and a little later walked out the cave. There's nothing "miraculous" in this event.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#199664 Jan 18, 2014
From a mystical perspective and from a medical viewpoint, Jesus executed an OBE to make it appear that he was "dead" but after 3 days in the discarnate state his disembodied conscious-energy field re-entered his body and he revived and a little later walked out the cave. There's nothing "miraculous" in this event.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199665 Jan 18, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
WHY I KNOW THAT LORD JESUS IS DIRECTLY FROM GOD AND THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LORD JESUS & LORD KRISHNA :
I believe, we have to wait for eternity to know the teachings of the QURANIC Jesus (‘Isa). Hence, let us see, what the real Jesus (Son Of God) of the Gospel has to say –
<<Jesus said to him,‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say,“Show us the Father”? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works.>> (John 14:9~10)
<<‘I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.’>> (John : 18 ~21)
Now friends, let me introduce to you something very interesting. Let us see what Lord Krishna (God Almighty) revealed in Gita Chapter 6
<<A true devotee sees Me in all beings and also sees every being in Me. Indeed, the self-realized person sees Me, the same Supreme Lord, everywhere.>> (Gita 6:29)
<<For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me.>> (Gita 6:30)
<<Such a devotee, who engages in the worshipful service of the Paramatma, knowing that I and the Paramatma are one, remains always in Me in all circumstances.>> (Gita 6:31)
“Pramatma” is that feature of God that dwells within every living entity. Now let’s see what Jesus said to his disciples before raising up to heaven –
<<Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.>> (Matthew 27:19~20)
Now according to Vedic Scriptures,“Paramatma” is the plenary expansion of God Almighty that dwells among all living entity of the Universe (Human, Animals etc.). Here, Jesus was trying to tell his followers that he is that plenary expansion of God Almighty, who will dwell with them always.
Now friends, I have presented the Quotations of Bothe Krishna & Jesus and the time gap between the two is nearly 3000 years. Since, I know that “Krishna” is God almighty, I can not also deny that “Jesus” is also the same God almighty or, directly from him. Otherwise, how can their messages be exact replica of each other. I am convinced that “Jesus”(Son of God) was the planery expansion “Paramatma” feature of the God Almighty who dwells with each and every living entity. Those who love him and believe in him, he reveals himself to them in the form of their pious actions and some time directly to the extreme mystics.
here we are TS I ve found it :)

Truth is eternal and though humanity may have many versions of it humanity cannot have many truths "of it"

so God is not only one but also eternal. It would be extremely unwise and selfish and shortsighted to ever think let alone claim that God , god or G_d or Allah or whatever one calls it manifested himself to humanity from a point on. rather it would be stupid

I m convinced that god has always manifested his truth in many ways at different epochs.

those who uveruse and abuse the term /weapon "pagan" must really believe that God started caring and loving humanity only after their religion started

that's shortisighted to say the least

in this respect Allah only bothered about humanity ( or say came to existence) in the 7 cent AD

haha what we call "came last and sweating ":)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#199666 Jan 18, 2014
Scholar_of_PISSLAM wrote:
Have you ever READ anything that Friedrich Nietzsche authored?

I didn't think so.

Thus Spake Zarathustra and Ecce Homo make a lot more sense than anything in Muhammad's silly Koran ever did, or ever will.
Suck on that.
Hello, Toxic Piss

What was so great about Friedrich Nietzsche's writing? What good did his work do, Fool?

Time to relieve yourself now.
bmz

Location hidden

#199667 Jan 18, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Joel,

The guy went in on Friday eve and came out early in the morning on Sunday. That works out to hardly 36 hours in the tomb.

The guy was exhausted, half-dead and most likely unconscious. All he needed was a good rest.
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199668 Jan 18, 2014
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
no actually it is incumbernt on you to prove he doesnt exist.
if that is not possible try disproving any existence.
try whichever is easier for you .
it's funny that you waste your devotion in demanding that others do what you canNOT do.
Dont demand.Do the right thing.Prove that you are better and can do what others... cant--or wont -because they just dont bother to do so ..
ps.. calling people names ( fool,idiot etc) is no different that the muslim weaponry and ..sophistry.
No, its not incumbent upon me any more than to disprove the existence of Santa Claus or invisible friends - but I am not going to waste my time arguing with you - I'd rather argue with Muslims - I have no beef with Christians or Jews..
bmz

Location hidden

#199669 Jan 18, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Glad to see your posts coming through.

You can tell Topix moderators that you ridicule, which is the best option and is acceptable.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199670 Jan 18, 2014
<quoted text>
I never even implied that I could, but from the available empirical evidence, god does not exist.
honest of you. Because you know no denier of god's existence has ever EVER been able to PROVE that nonexistence,.

to me it's a losing battle.

dont ask for people who believe to prove the "existence" of what they believe in . dont you know.. faith "can move mountains" and if I believe in my god I can make him happen.

you will never be able to prove my god does not exist and I will never bother to IMPOSE my god on you .
because Scholar if God doesnt not exist MYgod does and my god can make things happen. or make me make things happen,. It is empirical enough to those who will 'experience it.

But what if God does really exist regardless of my empirical conviction or your conviction of his nonexistence ?
what if ??

that's why I m telling you . you need to PROVE with empirical facts ( your words ) that god does NOT EXIST.
just in case. To be on the safe side.
one more subtle point.

if it's a matter of emprical proof.. and if MY god exists because I think so ( and no one can make me think otherwise)..

and if your or be it MY god or --god-- in general does not exist..

then I hope you do understand that to me my belief is a plus.-an advantage
Because I can make him happen/exist,.

while you with your belief in god's NONexistence you too can make this NONexistence happen/ be a HARD BITTER reality.

I dont feel alone. I just dont feel alone therefore I am not

while you
feel therefore you are alone.
left on your own devices.

I have a magic ace up my sleeve....
if you know what I mean ...
:))
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199671 Jan 18, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Toxic Piss
What was so great about Friedrich Nietzsche's writing? What good did his work do, Fool?
Time to relieve yourself now.
It's better than the Koran ever was, so is Jack London and Ernest Hemmingway - and I already pissed in Muhammad's dead skull about an hour ago.

You silly Muslims leave yourselves wide open for potshots like that.
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199672 Jan 18, 2014
JOEL wrote:
THE ONUS IS ON BELIEVERS TO PROVE GOD:
I simply laugh out loud when I hear deluded and naive religious nuts asking atheists or nonbelievers to "disprove" the existence of God.
The onus is fully on the believers in God to provide evidence about this deity (God) since when we investigate nature and its embodied laws and natural phenomenon like life we find no evidence whatsoever to support any belief in a creator God.
Nature and its laws and its phenomena and its living forms are constituted exclusively of energy, matter and consciousness that gradually emerge from a state of singularity at various levels of the cosmic hierarchy.
The whole of cosmic existence with its innate operations is based completely on the triune of energy, matter and consciousness and so everything in existence should be explained exclusively in terms of energy, matter and consciousness.
Whereas, belief in religion rests on irrational ideas uncorroborated by evidence like:
1) "spirit" that can neither be defined nor is there the tiniest shred of evidence in support of it,
2) the state of nothing that can neither be defined nor supported by an atom of evidence,
3) extra-cosmic God having no causal link with anything in existence which is illogical and for which there's no evidence, and
4) creation from nothing whose causal mechanism cannot be explained.
So, atheists, who take their realistic stand on proven universals like energy, matter and consciousness to explain the whole of existence are justified in debunking the very idea of God and the rest of the religious mumbo that have nothing to do with the universal realities based on the workings of energy, matter and consciousness.
The day believers can produce evidence of spirit, the state of nothing, the mechanism of creation from nothing and of uncausal extra-cosmicism then only can atheists begin taking religious claims seriously but until then religion is just a laughing stock and believers a bunch of irrational jokers.
Yes, it is incumbent upon them to prove the existence of their respective deities, but I'm not going to bother arguing with Christians, Jews or Hindus. They don't bother me as much as Muslims do.
bmz

Location hidden

#199673 Jan 18, 2014
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a suggestion for you muslim fighters
you take your real Jesus and launch a campaign of enlightengin people about the real Jesus in islam. start teaching the true message of islam which as it seems is nothing less and nothing more than who the real Jesus is
that would be the right thing to do. oh I d love to see devoted good muslim go out in public places holding banners and placards writing
we own the REAL jesus!
that would be better than see placards oozing bloody threats of slaughtering who ever .."Insults" islam !!
GOO !!
and leave the ones with their fake Jesus live in peace.
dont waste your life trying to IMPOSE on others that theirs is a fake Jesus
EMBRACE YOUR REAL ONE AND GET OUT IN THE WORLD TO GLORIFY HIM =--IN PEACE NOT PIECES
It is only God, who is worth glorifying, not the man Jesus. Glorifying Jesus is of no use and is worthless.

Why glorify an obedient slave in place of the Master/Owner, who sent the man.
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199674 Jan 18, 2014
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
honest of you. Because you know no denier of god's existence has ever EVER been able to PROVE that nonexistence,.
to me it's a losing battle.
dont ask for people who believe to prove the "existence" of what they believe in . dont you know.. faith "can move mountains" and if I believe in my god I can make him happen.
you will never be able to prove my god does not exist and I will never bother to IMPOSE my god on you .
because Scholar if God doesnt not exist MYgod does and my god can make things happen. or make me make things happen,. It is empirical enough to those who will 'experience it.
But what if God does really exist regardless of my empirical conviction or your conviction of his nonexistence ?
what if ??
that's why I m telling you . you need to PROVE with empirical facts ( your words ) that god does NOT EXIST.
just in case. To be on the safe side.
one more subtle point.
if it's a matter of emprical proof.. and if MY god exists because I think so ( and no one can make me think otherwise)..
and if your or be it MY god or --god-- in general does not exist..
then I hope you do understand that to me my belief is a plus.-an advantage
Because I can make him happen/exist,.
while you with your belief in god's NONexistence you too can make this NONexistence happen/ be a HARD BITTER reality.
I dont feel alone. I just dont feel alone therefore I am not
while you
feel therefore you are alone.
left on your own devices.
I have a magic ace up my sleeve....
if you know what I mean ...
:))
Whatever - it's a circle argument.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199675 Jan 18, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
so ..you're saying that Jesus in his time was a magician . pulled rabbits out of his hat walked on the sea brought dead people back to life and his ultimate trick was topull the... nekrophaneia card??

and all that what for?

because he liked to be crucified so Jesus was not only a magicians a wizzard of the tree of .. ahem DAvid but he was also a mazochist.
THAT GOOD THAT SIMPLE.

ok. simple as that.
hope people will be at ease at long last, after 2000 years of jesus magic tricks and stop bothering and talking about him .
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199677 Jan 18, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see your posts coming through.
You can tell Topix moderators that you ridicule, which is the best option and is acceptable.
And what about when he ridicules Islam - that's off limits, right?

Hypocrite.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199678 Jan 18, 2014
so....at long last back to what it's supposed to be

WHO IS ALLAH ?
that 'RAISED that magician Jesus up in the sky aiding and abetting a fraud wizzard in his magic tricks?
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199679 Jan 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Whatever - it's a circle argument.
expected answer Scholar.
not exactly whatever, your silence leave it as what I said.
fine by me..:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web