Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#198241 Jan 1, 2014
Shamma wrote:
Atheists use the word God in a negative meaning idiots that worship something that does not exist.
That is true. I have noticed that when they talk about the Christian God.

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#198242 Jan 1, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to have an analytical mind, Buford.
There were lots of tribes in the region, not just the twelve from Jacob. People from the twelve tribes of Ishmael were there, people from the tribes of Esau were also there, Canaanites, other "ites" and people from other Godless tribes were also there in the region.
If Moses had brought back only the Hebrews, who believed in God, then there would have been no trouble at the Mount base station.
Please read, deliberate and reflect even though you are not allowed to think.
Happy New Year and I hope this new year brings wisdom to all Christian friends.
rabbee: Eeshmaelites were only one tribe at that time.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#198243 Jan 1, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Qur'an 91:1 "I swear by the sun and its brilliance, and by the moon when she follows him."
Qur'an 93:1 "I swear by the early hours of the day, and the night when it covers with darkness. Your Lord hath not forsaken thee, nor doth He despisith thee."
Bukhari:V7B67N427 "The Prophet said,'If I take an oath and later find something else better than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath.'"
Then there is this, from "MATTHEW'S" Gospel:
Matthew 5:33“Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago,‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
Wow! Lucky for Mohammad that everything that "Jesus" said about oaths has been ABROGATED, otherwise he would have been obeying the inspirations of "the EVIL ONE!!!"
Mixing the issues are you?

First one in which Allah swears.... and then prophet says about "His oath" to do or not to do anything.

And how come you bring in Jesus' instruction and muddle up the whole issue.

This is the best and most loved techniques for some people. Bring a bit from here and a bit from there and add some of your own bits and make a sentence that is no where there.
bmz

Location hidden

#198244 Jan 1, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The words of Your Mohammad does not carry any weight at all, they simply vaporize in thin air as they are damn lies....

First prove that your prophet told the Truth and counter the points highlighted by me and others. Then only, you can establish him as Prophet and then only your so called prophet's words will be ever admissible in a Court....
It seems, you have never visited a Court as Telling lies in Court amounts to contempt and you are not aware of that.....
Happy New Year, Pompous Ignorant Fool

You just bull shit and litter the precious bandwidth with your oral diarrhoea.

What lies? Write down so-called lies, if any. Making silly, dumb and wild accusations will get you no where and you will be bundled up in a gunny sack in a Court and will be thrown out into the garbage dump.
bmz

Location hidden

#198245 Jan 1, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: Eeshmaelites were only one tribe at that time.
You might have missed reading about the twelve tribes of Ishmael.

" Genesis 17:20 ESV

As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I have blessed him and will make him fruitful and multiply him greatly. He shall father twelve princes, and I will make him into a great nation."

Twelve princes, so twelve tribes.
bmz

Location hidden

#198246 Jan 1, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> Because Muslims accepted their pagan moon god over God.
God speaks to the heart and mind of all people and so does Satan.
And Muslims choose to fellow the guidance of Satan rather than God.
When Gods truths came to the Muslims they rejected it.
The same with the Jews that rejected Jesus.
Jesus came and taught about the Kingdom of God and what one must do to enter into it and the Jews rejected Jesus teachings.
When the Jews had rejected Jesus as the son of God, God in flesh, God, etc., six centuries before Islam, how could you expect Muslims to accept those absurdities and lies?

People knew about the kingdom of God long before Jesus. Jesus taught nothing new,

He only tried to reform Judaism by making it easier to follow. He was against unnecessary rituals, unnecessary laws and unbearable traditions that the Rabbis and priests had burdened the people with.

He simply wanted to remove all the extra burdens placed by the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

That is why he had said, "for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." You are a clueless fool, who understands nothing!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#198247 Jan 1, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just show the Covenant between God and the servant Jesus. That would be enough!
Happy New Year and may it bring you some wisdom.
Jesus Himself Was and is God. Hence, there is no question of any covenant between them. One does not have to be a Christian to understand and accept Jesus as God. It is the teaching of Jesus that is sufficient enough for any human who understands God to know that Jesus was God incarnate..........

So, even if Church has corrupted many things, one still can Know Jesus ..... Of course not the mythical Quranic Jesus ('Isa).... whose mother according to Quran was the Sister of Aaron..
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#198248 Jan 1, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year, Pompous Ignorant Fool
You just bull shit and litter the precious bandwidth with your oral diarrhoea.
What lies? Write down so-called lies, if any. Making silly, dumb and wild accusations will get you no where and you will be bundled up in a gunny sack in a Court and will be thrown out into the garbage dump.
Just yesterday only I have unfolded another Lie of Mohammad, the :Comforter" lie you ignorant and denying fool.....

There are many others like the Maryam lie etc.. which none of you have the slightest wits to counter and you only repeat yourself in the same predictable fashion. I am not in the habit of repeating the same thing again and again....I will rather highlight some fresh lies ... and trust me there are plenty thrown at us by your so called Prophet Mohammad....
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#198249 Jan 1, 2014
HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2014 TO YOU ALL .... MAY ALL OF US UNDERSTAND THE TRUE MEANING OF GOD BY THE END OF THIS YEAR....
TS
bmz

Location hidden

#198250 Jan 1, 2014
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Taking what you say about the calf for granted, it further proves my point. The word god was historically used to mean a pagan deity.

2. Now if you speak Arabic, substitute the word Allah in your statement:

The supreme Spirit who alone exists of Himself, and is infinite in all perfections.
Eventually, the mind must arrive at some being which is its own explanation for existence, which did not need some other being to create it or sustain it.

That being which exist of it self, and is the source of all other being, we call Allah.
So, what's the difference. It works both ways.

Now, tell me where in Exodus 32 does the word god phonetically appear. The word used is elohei and its grammatical forms.
Shamma does not know Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic and Greek. He knows English but that too not well.

He can see Allah written in his Bible in Arabic, here in John 1:1

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Arabic like Hebrew reads from right to left. It is the last word in line 1.

And there is no Jesus in the Arabic Bible. It is Yesoo. The second last word on line 17.

In the Arabic Bible, the word "Lord" is not used for Jesus. It is Saiy-yad, which can be read here in John 14, line 5, third word from right.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Just for your information.
bmz

Location hidden

#198251 Jan 1, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
Jesus Himself Was and is God. Hence, there is no question of any covenant between them.

One does not have to be a Christian to understand and accept Jesus as God. It is the teaching of Jesus that is sufficient enough for any human who understands God to know that Jesus was God incarnate..........

So, even if Church has corrupted many things, one still can Know Jesus ..... Of course not the mythical Quranic Jesus ('Isa).... whose mother according to Quran was the Sister of Aaron..
When did Jesus say that himself? He is not even on record for saying something so idiotic and absurd. That is already a lie and still you have the audacity to tell a lie and write rubbish?

Now, show me and prove to me that Jesus was and is God, Dunce! Christians cannot prove that, so how in the hell can a fool like you prove that absurdity?

Stop making silly and absurd statements showing nothing but total ignorance.

bmz

Location hidden

#198252 Jan 1, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just yesterday only I have unfolded another Lie of Mohammad, the :Comforter" lie you ignorant and denying fool.....

There are many others like the Maryam lie etc.. which none of you have the slightest wits to counter and you only repeat yourself in the same predictable fashion. I am not in the habit of repeating the same thing again and again....I will rather highlight some fresh lies ... and trust me there are plenty thrown at us by your so called Prophet Mohammad....
I read and found nothing but junk and stuff in your post, so I ignored it.

Muhammad never claimed that he was the alleged Comforter. So, I don't care a damn about that alleged Comforter in the gospel.

Where can we find this Comforter hoax in other gospels?
bmz

Location hidden

#198253 Jan 1, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Himself Was and is God. Hence, there is no question of any covenant between them. One does not have to be a Christian to understand and accept Jesus as God. It is the teaching of Jesus that is sufficient enough for any human who understands God to know that Jesus was God incarnate..........
I see the Closet Christian is coming out!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#198254 Jan 1, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Jesus say that himself? He is not even on record for saying something so idiotic and absurd. That is already a lie and still you have the audacity to tell a lie and write rubbish?
Now, show me and prove to me that Jesus was and is God, Dunce! Christians cannot prove that, so how in the hell can a fool like you prove that absurdity?
Stop making silly and absurd statements showing nothing but total ignorance.
You are replying before paying full attention to my post. As I have quoted in my post as below -
<<One does not have to be a Christian to understand and accept Jesus as God. It is the teaching of Jesus that is sufficient enough for any human who understands God to know that Jesus was God incarnate..........>>

So, to see God in Jesus and Jesus in God, one first of all have to understand the meaning of God, one first of all have to be God Conscious. Without God Consciousness you will never understand God and neither will you know that Jesus was God incarnate...

I will however give you a clue... Start reading Bhagabat Gita and try to understand the purports from a qualified spiritual master and then come back to the teachings of Jesus. Remember, there is nearly 3000 years difference between the two, but you won't fail to notice that the sources of both teachings are same and that was the God Almighty...
bmz

Location hidden

#198255 Jan 1, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are replying before paying full attention to my post. As I have quoted in my post as below -

<<One does not have to be a Christian to understand and accept Jesus as God. It is the teaching of Jesus that is sufficient enough for any human who understands God to know that Jesus was God incarnate..........>>

So, to see God in Jesus and Jesus in God, one first of all have to understand the meaning of God, one first of all have to be God Conscious. Without God Consciousness you will never understand God and neither will you know that Jesus was God incarnate...
I will however give you a clue... Start reading Bhagabat Gita and try to understand the purports from a qualified spiritual master and then come back to the teachings of Jesus.

Remember, there is nearly 3000 years difference between the two, but you won't fail to notice that the sources of both teachings are same and that was the God Almighty...
I don't have to read and understand another Horse Shit Bhagabat Gita to understand the Bull Shit in John's gospel.

So, you are saying that Jesus is the one, who gave Bhagabat Gita bull shit? That is hilarious!
bmz

Location hidden

#198256 Jan 1, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
So, to see God in Jesus and Jesus in God, one first of all have to understand the meaning of God, one first of all have to be God Conscious. Without God Consciousness you will never understand God and neither will you know that Jesus was God incarnate
I see all Christians and Hindus inside God and Jesus. All Hindus and Christians are also Gods.

Looks like you have neither read nor understood this fanciful line from Jesus in John:

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."

And Jesus with all billions of Gods inside the Father. Hilarious!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#198257 Jan 1, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to read and understand another Horse Shit Bhagabat Gita to understand the Bull Shit in John's gospel.
So, you are saying that Jesus is the one, who gave Bhagabat Gita bull shit? That is hilarious!
When will you understand that we as humans are doing nothing. Nothing, simply nothing is in our hand. What ever is being done in this world are by the will of the God.

One who understands that he is not doing anything and he is not responsible for anything that is good or, bad is the true knower of the Knowledge and truth, the true knower of God.

I am not saying anything. You read the scriptures and draw your own conclusion... That is the best advice that I can give you..
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#198258 Jan 2, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see all Christians and Hindus inside God and Jesus. All Hindus and Christians are also Gods.
Looks like you have neither read nor understood this fanciful line from Jesus in John:
"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."
And Jesus with all billions of Gods inside the Father. Hilarious!
You do not see anything, you only think that you see. As I have stated already, to see and understand God and anything that is from God, first of all you have to be God Conscious and that way only you will be able to develop the Divine Eye to see God and to see the world that God has created.

For example, you quoted the above verse from John, thinking that no one in this world understands it's true meaning except you. But in this process you failed to see that it does not actually contradict the other 03 Gospels. To understand the true meaning of this verse from John, you have to refer to Matthew 25:31~46. It is the same message given by Jesus in disguise. But since you do not have the eye to see, you failed to see....
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#198259 Jan 2, 2014
Very truly BMZ, I tell you and I confess to you, that as I read the lines In Matthew 25:31~46, I can't stop the flowing tears from my eyes. If you also read those lines with the same eye that I mentioned, I am sure you will not be able to stop the tears from flowing from your eyes.....
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#198260 Jan 2, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
Very truly BMZ, I tell you and I confess to you, that as I read the lines In Matthew 25:31~46, I can't stop the flowing tears from my eyes. If you also read those lines with the same eye that I mentioned, I am sure you will not be able to stop the tears from flowing from your eyes.....
You can wipe tears from your eyes with your Gita copy....you hypocrite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May '17 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May '17 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
More from around the web