Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228511 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#197940 Dec 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trinity is not only unholy but it is also a lie, Shamma.
It is very easy to demolish that lie. Jesus did not talk about it, did not teach it and did not preach it.
You find Jesus talking loads about God but you do not find him talking about the alleged third along with God.
This is what we tell you to do:
Count the number of times, where he spoke about God.
Count the number of times, where he spoke about the third of the three of the alleged trinity.
And let us know.
It is there in front of you in the scriptures.
You ignore Jesus teachings.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#197941 Dec 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
John 8 is a forgery and it is not in line with the teaching of God. That story makes Jesus a confirmed sinner for disobeying the Law.
If he were sinless, he should have thrown the first stone and by not throwing the first stone, he broke the Law.
Anyway, my point still is that John 8 is absurd and a forgery that was inserted later into John.
The story was cooked up. It is so foolish. Why was the man not brought to Jesus?
Jesus fulfilled the law!
There was no one left to condemn the women under the law.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#197942 Dec 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is there in front of you in the scriptures.

You ignore Jesus teachings.
There is NO trinity in your Bible. Trinity was a fraud, introduced by pagan Romans and Greeks, who had infested the Church.

You are the guys, who ignore Jesus' teachings and follow the Satanic teachings taught by Satan's minions, who founded the Church, Shamma.

Good night from my side.
Alex WM

London, UK

#197943 Dec 29, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well your a liar and your prophet and all muslems are all liars and idolaters. why would any one believe any of you subtle talking pigs and dogs? you don't have even the slightest clue, what the truth is. cause it certainly, ain't you.
Errrrmm...Jesus called the gentiles "pigs and dogs".
But that does not make you Jesus.
You cannot pass on G-d's message by insulting every poster saying s/he hasn't even the slightest clue.
G-d did not come to you.
Please wake up before you get drowned in your own imagination.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197944 Dec 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/beliefs/Theol...
The idea of savior is very the moshiach comes as result of messianic events, not as an instigator, hence the moshiach is not a savior.
Are you 100% sure that the moschiach comes as result of messianic events?
Alex WM

London, UK

#197945 Dec 29, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well your a liar and your prophet and all muslems are all liars and idolaters. why would any one believe any of you subtle talking pigs and dogs? you don't have even the slightest clue, what the truth is. cause it certainly, ain't you.
A liar is " a loner who claims that G-d visited him".
Jesus referred to Gentiles like shamma as "pigs & dogs"..
chew on it dear rabbee
Alex WM

London, UK

#197946 Dec 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Quran implies that Jesus is the King of the Jews.
The anointed one by God.
That is the same view the disciples of Jesus wrote of Jesus in the NT Bible.
So the Quran confirms the NT to be the true words of Jesus spoken in the Gospels.
Jesus Himself said that He is the Messiah.
JOH 4:25 The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us."
JOH 4:26 Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He."
Here Jesus says He is God. John 12:45 “He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me.
Quran says that Jesus came for a limited section of the world!
Even Jesus claims that until changes were made by scribes to include the "world"!!.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#197947 Dec 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your own OT, a forged copy of the Hebrew Scriptures, confirms the men had left.
Genesis 18 RSVCE: "16 Then the men set out from there,"
And here is the master blaster just a little ahead: "22 So the men turned from there, and went toward Sodom; but Abraham still stood before the Lord. 23 Then Abraham drew near, and said,“Wilt thou indeed destroy the righteous with the wicked?"
That two men went away and the third remained there, is absurd! LMAO!
For Hebrew, please refer to this: http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0118.htm
The Greek language of the Christian texts is the culprit, which has ruined the scripture. I do not discuss through Greek and Latin. I consider them languages unfit and extremely poor for scripture.
After the men had left, the LORD was still there in Abraham's vision and the negotiations went on.
If you do not wish to learn from me, then at least read your own books. You will never be clueless then.
rabbee: being altered or mistranslated, is not the same as a forgery. you are the hypocrites, calling your own quran a lie and muhammed a liar. why should any one believe you, calling your own book, your own religion, and your own prophet a lie and a liar?
Alex WM

London, UK

#197948 Dec 29, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
ah interesting. I m quoting from your link:
<<Some gentiles have told me that the term "mashiach" is related to the Hebrew term "moshiah" (savior) because they sound similar, but the similarity is not as strong as it appears to one unfamiliar with Hebrew. The Hebrew word "mashiach" comes from the root Mem-Shin-Chet, which means to paint, smear, or annoint. The word "moshiah" comes from the root Yod-Shin-Ayin, which means to help or save. The only letter these roots have in common is Shin, the most common letter in the Hebrew language. The "m" sound at the beginning of the word moshiah (savior) is a common prefix used to turn a verb into a noun. For example, the verb tzavah (to command) becomes mitzvah (commandment). Saying that "mashiach" is related to "moshiah" is a bit like saying that ring is related to surfing because they both end in "ing." >>
so mashiah and moshiah are not the same?
mashiah = the anointed
moshiah = saviour
not the same???
Clearly they are saying that the two don't mean the same. By the way they have written it as "mashiach"....not mashiah.

Location hidden

#197949 Dec 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

The Greek language of the Christian texts is the culprit, which has ruined the scripture. I do not discuss through Greek and Latin. I consider them languages unfit and extremely poor for scripture.
Pure nonsense.

Before to judge something, a person, first, has to know it, then s/he can judge it. You don't know most of the things you are talking about so your opinion is baseless. You have clearly displayed characterisitcs typical of a subintellectual.
Alex WM

London, UK

#197950 Dec 29, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not there. I read the books and use by brains. please notice that I m not trying to impose my belief to theones that are not inclined to it. For example I m not trying to impose Jesus on jews.
but.. from that to tolerating any Tom Dick and harry muslim pretending they undrestand my books and Jesus better than christians that's a long way .
I m just having fun proving how funny muslims are in their attempt to present themselves as THE savvies about everything Jesus did and said and thought and meant to say as if they were there and in his mind.
You have every right to believe that a Jewish man who came only for the Jews is your G-d.
But that man did not believe in such a thing.
I come from a Christian background.
Thanks.

Location hidden

#197951 Dec 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't play with me, Nina,
There is nothing intriguing in that question.
Of course, the chicken came first. If you had read Genesis, you would not have asked me that question.
"20 Then God said,“Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens.” "
God did not say, "Let the waters teem with swarms of eggs, and let eggs fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens."
Do you really think the chicken came first?
Alex WM

London, UK

#197952 Dec 29, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex, that's the interesting and controversial point.
the Septuagin hebrew scribes that translated hebrew OT into Greek they deliberately chose NOT to convey the plurality into Greek.
any Elohim Adonai etc plural form of God was translated into various ways of : God. Lord, God my lord, the judges ( here plural was unavoidable) etc.
what you give here in english may be correct but is not a correct translation from Greek from which after all all OT were covneyed into latin then all other languages.
question is why Elohim was deliberately translated into singular God in greek then to be spread this way in all other languages.
Dear Nina, there is no need to look into Greek.
The matter is very simple.
Do Jews believe that G-d is made of three...or that there are more G-d's than one in any shape or form.
Jesus was a Jew who allegedly came only for them.
Why complicate their lives by gate crashing a Jewish party.
Jesus did not even invite a single Gentile to his "water to wine party"! By the way...this story is a later insertion.
Thanks.
Alex WM

London, UK

#197953 Dec 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
History has always been written by the powerful and the victors who vanquished others. The writers of the Church wrote most of the history of Jews for the Church.
Normally the vanquished always look up to the victor and copy the victor. However, the Jews were different. They did not copy the Church, who was the victor. They still have their own history.
I have only heard Christians yelling about YHWH but I have not heard a single Jew yell out those initials.
If Elohim were plural, all translators of the forged document OT, would have written "Gods said,'Let there be .........." through out Genesis 1.
The Christian Grammar is horrible, atrocious and absurd!
This is one fact which NO Christian polemicist and apologist can deny!
I really don't know why Christian posters, excluding dear HughBe, ARE sooooo dumb?
Question time: What came first? Language or Grammar?
My point exactly and I have actually re-written genesis for the folks with "G-ds" substituting "G-d"!!!
They will lie and twist until their mythical daddy god and sonny god are worshipped in pagan temples.
Poor Jesus has nothing to do with nonsense.
Salaams.
Alex WM

London, UK

#197954 Dec 29, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
good point. bravo
Thank you Nina. May God bless and guide all of us to be good people who respect our fellow humans.
When I see some nasty comments I react as well but that is a human weakness.
Please forgive any uncalled for outbursts!
peace.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#197955 Dec 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the first Christian, who has agreed and accepted that there are absurd verses in your Bible.
Thanks a million. I see some progress!
rabbee: if there was nothing absurd in scripture, then i would suspect it is not from TheG-D of The Impossible. for men only write about, the possible according to their own standards. the absurd things G-D has done, is not determined by the possible standards of men.

even my and that woman's being here again, is totally absurd. why do you think i did not believe G-D, the first time THEY came to tell me all of this? because it was, so totally absurd. nobody in this world, has ever told me anything more absurd than what G-D came said to me. that me and some woman, are the ones essentially called jesus christ 2000 years ago. cause that is totally absurd. and you all agree that is totally absurd, according to your standards from men.

everything G-D came and said to me, you all say is totally absurd and impossible. the book of Revelation, is totally absurd and impossible but here am i in It; even among all of your disclaimers, of not being here in scripture. even though there has not been one instant in time, the whole world and the whole universe has not been here in scripture. because you all say, that is totally absurd.
Alex WM

London, UK

#197956 Dec 29, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
denial in itself can never make any sense. Affirmation can or cannot make any sense.
especially when Islam that you think makes more sense denying the " 3 headed monster" claims that Mohamed's light stuck in Adam's forehead ( preexistent to Adam ) and from his forehead it "continued its journey to some others' forehead such as Abraham's Moses' and Ibrahim's .
please what sensd do you make of islam denying the absurdity of the "3 headed monster" but accepts that mohamed preexisted Adam as light that travels from forehead to forehead
blimey!
I am not sure about Muhammed's light stuck in Adam's forehead?
However, G-d knows past present and future.
According to that logic G-d has already "created" everything thing in advance in G-d's plan, which has many implications too complicated to even consider.
Reminds me of back to the future stories!...
Alex WM

London, UK

#197957 Dec 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's letters were the FIRST of all NT materials, so if we find any thing in Gospels that "somehow" matches with the arguments of Paul, it means that they got it from Paul and not vice versa.
This is what I was trying to convey.... the language is confusing, like some one trying to explain Trinity in "logical" way!!
Correct observation, brother.
Paul was "gone" by 65AD..........and the books were still with the "printers" not even ready for proof reading...!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#197958 Dec 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what you meant to ask was whether mashiach and moshiah were the same, and as the article points out, they are not. Hebrew letter chet with a hard guttural ch sound, vs ayin which is similar to english A sound. The words do not share the same root.
Thank you for clarifying that.
All the best for 2014.
Alex WM

London, UK

#197959 Dec 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop your nonsense, Rabbee! Laughter is the best medicine but your comment " YH is Male VH is Feminine, all Singular Male Singular Female Plural." made me spray out my tea.
I think G-D is going to send you a 2nd hand reconditioned Jeezuz.
lol!!
Reminds me of the argument for "YOGA"......made of.."YOni" (fem) and "linGA" (masc)!!!!
The man is lying through his teeth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive 14 hr DR FAROOK 1
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul 31 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul 30 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul 20 neyney 1
News Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Jul 17 Barnsweb 104
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 15 Tui_Tonga 1,973
'Skulls, Shamans and Sacrifice in Stone Age Bri... Jul 13 Dave 1
More from around the web