Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230667 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Nina Q

Greece

#197820 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you Muslim!
Jesus told Peter:
Matthew 16:18
New International Version
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Shame shame shame on you Muslim!
Your words are filled with lies.
thanks for bringing the verses up Shamma I had completely forgotten that.
Nina Q

Greece

#197821 Dec 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie.
Peter in Jesus' eyes was just like Satan and Jesus never trusted that man.
Jesus built no church. After Jesus had vanished, his disciples still worshipped at the Temple.
Here are the lie-busters:
"One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon.–Acts 3:1" Any mention of church?
"Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.–Acts 5:42"
"The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade.–Acts 5:12 (Solomon’s porch is part of the Temple)"
How long will you try to keep on lying?
church 1. the temple 2. the assembly of people gathered together for a reason and a purpose

Mosque: a temple.

did Mohamed ever build a mosque? if yes good for him. if no never mind. They were built later by others

but try not to define Jesus in mohamedan islamic terms

what kind of obsession is this of muslims about Jesus?

Who is Allah!!! Who is Allah??

ah please quit that Allah is...jesus was not did not had not.
Nina Q

Greece

#197822 Dec 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie!
Jesus said, "You have said it." and by that he meant, "You are the one, who said that, not I."
NIV: 64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied.
NLT: "64 Jesus replied,“You have said it. "
AKJV: "64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said"
CEV: " 64 “That is what you say!” Jesus answered."
NCV: "64 Jesus answered,“Those are your words." (Not mine)
How long will you guys keep on lying to make Jesus look like a liar, Shamma?
"you have said it" ( and it will be written down in history )
you have said it ( and I DONT deny it

good thing is YOU have said it.

jesus never denied it. Mohamed did 7 centuries later. For Mohamed was there next to Jesus and he knew better than Jesus or his disciples and his contemporaries what Jesus said.

why are muslims so obsessed about Jesus?

that God is quite a player. Jesus must be chuckling as we speak He's so popular even among those who only want a dash of him.
Nina Q

Greece

#197823 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Why is this not in the book Allah sent down to Moses?
Say (O Muhammad to mankind):‘If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.’ Say (O Muhammad):‘Obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad).’ But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers." (Quran: 3/31)
When did Allah reveal the above revelation to Muhammad?
Why wasn't the religion of Islam revealed to Moses?
And most of all why wasn't the religion of Islam taught by Jesus?
And why didn't Jesus tell the Jews "I am a Muslim prophet sent by Allah to inform you of the last prophet to come will be Muhammad"?
brilliant . But answering logical questions is not muslims' forte.

I m starting to think --in indignation- that muslims are cannibalizing on Jesus. I dont find this funny at all.
Nina Q

Greece

#197824 Dec 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well other than the fact, that THE PARENTS of the alleged as jesus are known as G-D. and that Merreeam, was the chosen surrogate. your doing all right, go get em Girl. your doing just fine.
I got it now ; you re the rabbee.
well rabee I havent really understood what your ideas are about god or about Jesus. I would like to know
what do you mean "alleged"? he was not Jesus ? you dont like the name in english or you prefer Yehooshooa ? or his real name was something else?
do you believe in God the normal judaic way ?

I m confused.

but Im having fun with muslims' obsession about and "know -it -all" attitude towards Jesus
Nina Q

Greece

#197825 Dec 28, 2013
Pious wrote:
I wish you people would understand what Islam really is.
what is Islam ,really?

ah please dont start explaining it by Jesus was not the son of God. damn whatever he was there's a whole separate religion containing the whole of him I dont see why a new religion claiming to be the one and only true would exhaust itself in telling us what Jesus is not.

what else is islam?
Nina Q

Greece

#197826 Dec 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
i think all you guys, would be better of not messing this this Girl Nina. i think G-D, really kind of likes her. get your motor runnin, head out on the highway.
you think so rabee? ah.. sigh.. I hope so.
Nina Q

Greece

#197827 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Explain why the Quran gives Jesus this title?
1. THE MESSIAH (Al-Masih)
Jesus alone is called the Messiah in the Qur'an. Eleven times he is given this title and occasionally he is referred to solely by this title without being referred to by name. No explanation of the title is given in the Qur'an.
Why is there no explanation and meaning of the word Messiah given in the Quran?
the more I read the more I come to feel torn about Mohammed.
was he paranoid? Was he a well meaning Arab that meant to spread a new message among his Allat worshipping fellow people?
Was he really struck by some enlightening flash of lightning
which he failed to process right?
Did he play tricks on people and to whom? did he sabotage judaism ? did he sabotage christianity ?
did he mean to make fun or really accept truths of both?
I tend to believe that he didnt start meaning ill. But you know once you are "told" by God that the creation belongs to your Allah and yourself things can go wrong in many ways-after they go to your head , of course.

not to mention the tragedy of having to advise your followers how to beat wives or "know" the slave females of holy war in the name of Allah who has allocated the creation to the one and best prophet.-the las so far but not the last at the end of time

good grief!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#197828 Dec 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you getting all this pissed up?
I only said that John the Apostle of Jesus did not write the Gospel which bears his name and is in wide circulation.
This is a simple fact which every one who has studied about the history of Gospels knows.
You just beating your chest and trowing tantrums and calling names would not change the fact.
Paul Quoting from John is a Clear proof that John did not write that Gospel and that it was written AFTER Paul!!.
You are a dumb Muslim!

The followers of Jesus believed what John wrote before it was even written.
Jesus had followers before and after His resurrection.

At Pentecost the disciples received a renewal of the Holy Spirit.
They began to speak with other languages and to preach boldly in the name of Christ, with the result that three thousand were converted. In rebuttal to criticism by devout Jews, Peter stood up and, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, gave a sermon.

Luke wrote in verses 41 and 42. Then read Acts 2:41-42
"Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. 42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer," (Acts 2:41-42).

This incredible manifestation of divine power marked the beginning of the church which has ever since regarded Pentecost as its birthday.
1.Pentecost, then, is the anniversary of the coming of the Holy Spirit.
This day was not the beginning of a denomination. It was the beginning of the one church: The One True Church. 1.The Church that is bought with the blood of Christ.
2.The Church that is united by the indwelling Spirit.
3.The Church that is taught with the inspired Word.
4.The world did not know what happened at Pentecost.
5.The world did not know that God had come to live with His people forever.

In Acts i.Acts 1:1-2, "The first account I composed, Theophilus, about all that Jesus began to do and teach, 2 until the day when He was taken up, after He had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the apostles whom He had chosen."
Acts 1:5, "for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
Acts 1:8, "but you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

What was this message (NASB 'word') of Peter that they accepted (v. 41)? It was a message of conviction (v. 22). a.Acts 2:22: "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

It was a message of the cross (v. 23). a.Acts 2:23: A This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross" (NIV).

It was a message of the resurrection (v. 24). a.Acts 2:24: But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.(NIV)

It was the gospel! a.It is interesting to note that when the gospel was given 3000 were saved.
In Exodus 32 when Moses returned from the mountain of God to the people of Israel who had made the golden calf, he threw down the tablets of the ten commandments. 3000 died.
When the law was given 3000 perished; when the gospel was given 3000 were saved.

In these, as you hear the word, as you fellowship, as you break bread, and as you pray, the Holy Spirit leads you to higher ground. He leads you to the Rock that is higher than you. He lead you to holiness, to fellowship, and to communion. He leads you to Jesus.

To trust God is to trust His work in you through the Holy Spirit.
To trust the work of the Holy Spirit is to acknowledge and accept the blessings of the cross of Christ.

Nina Q

Greece

#197829 Dec 28, 2013
well I dont mean to insult muslim people and their feelings really that's not my intent. I beleive muslim people are just people like all others. very good too. and thankfully they are even better the more they defy what the Quran says. at some points. you know the ones that defy all logic and all engraved code of morality in every human.

Insulting is not my intent.

I m just on the defence protecting my logic from vicious attacks and insults coming from self contradictory swirl-taking tenets of Islam
Nina Q

Greece

#197830 Dec 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! That is why we maintain that Jesus was neither killed nor crucified.
There is no truth in the story. That is why we call crucifixion of Jesus, a hoax!
Now, I see you have begun to learn.
Why would the Jewish high priest ask him, "Are you the Messiah, the son of the living God?"
The Jewish priest would have asked him only, "Are you the Messiah?"
bmz knows better what the jewish priest would have asked him. What he really asked him is not accepted. Period.

so the NT in its core is a hoax Jesus was a fraud and islam took both the hoax and the fraudster necessary as it seems ingredients for the new recipe. That is as old as Abraham, only that recipe --the one and only true- was not revealed to him then. it was kept a secret.

because so. Because Allah likes games. Because there had to be born the condiment called jesus first and make the salad recipe perfect.

all in good time. Albeit a rather jumbled up time

Location hidden

#197831 Dec 28, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
the more I read the more I come to feel torn about Mohammed.
was he paranoid? Was he a well meaning Arab that meant to spread a new message among his Allat worshipping fellow people?
Was he really struck by some enlightening flash of lightning
which he failed to process right?
Did he play tricks on people and to whom? did he sabotage judaism ? did he sabotage christianity ?
did he mean to make fun or really accept truths of both?
I tend to believe that he didnt start meaning ill. But you know once you are "told" by God that the creation belongs to your Allah and yourself things can go wrong in many ways-after they go to your head , of course.
not to mention the tragedy of having to advise your followers how to beat wives or "know" the slave females of holy war in the name of Allah who has allocated the creation to the one and best prophet.-the las so far but not the last at the end of time
good grief!
Muhammad didn't know God!
Muhammad grew up worshiping the moon god Allah along with the 360 idols at the Kaaba.
The moon god was believed by the pagan Arabs to be the creator of the world
As a caravan guide Muhammad met people of different religions among them heretic Christians, and learned about the Jewish God Yahweh as being the one true God.
Muhammad came to believe his moon god was the same god that Jews and Christians believed in.
So he got rid of the other 360 idols and claimed his Allah god as the one true God for all peoples to worship.
When the Jews and Christians rejected his Allah god he took revenge on them and Muslims have been doing that ever since.
Nina Q

Greece

#197832 Dec 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The message given to the servants Moses and Jesus was the same. Christianity was not given to Jesus. How could a Jew be given another religion to a Jew?
All were asked to submit to God only and to worship God only.
Muslim was an Arabic word. Moses and Jesus were not Arabs. Now, go and find the equivalent in Hebrew and Aramaic. But don't go and try to find that word in the pagan's language Greek.
There was nothing new for Jesus to teach. He was himself a Jew, so he had to teach only his religion.
Moses and Jesus submitted to God only, so we can say that both 'muslimmed' to God.
Both were not Muslims like me and my Muslim friends. Both were "Muslims" of their time.
so.. to sum up. Jesus was a jew and as such he had nothing new to teach. and yet he not only taught new outrageous things but he made a whole fuss in his time and ever since , he was a fraudster who taught nothing new to his people that' s why he was brought to court that's why he was charged with blasphemy that's why he was sentenced to death and that's exactly why he was NOT crucified nor did he die on the cross.He flew into thin air.

Because he was a fraudster , he taught nothing new and that really pissed off the priests. the "nothing new" he didnt teach .

But!!!!
that fraudulous nonteacher makes a great condiment if you sprinkle him on the judaic basic ingredients --please no overdose just a dash -you'll get a delicious one and only true new salad recipe as old as Abraham

the more we read you bmz the more enlightened we get about what islam really is.
:))
Nina Q

Greece

#197833 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad didn't know God!
Muhammad grew up worshiping the moon god Allah along with the 360 idols at the Kaaba.
As a caravan guide Muhammad met people of different religions among them heretic Christians, and learned about the Jewish God Yahweh as being the one true God.
Muhammad came to believe his moon god was the same god that Jews and Christians believed in.
So he got rid of the other 360 idols and claimed his Allah god as the one true God for all peoples to worship.
When the Jews and Christians rejected his Allah god he took revenge on them and Muslims have been doing that ever since.
Might be like you say . Who knows really what his intentions were and in what ways he changed directions.
at least there's some sincerity in his contradictions. they speak for themselves about the uncertainty and the non uniqueness of Mohammed said.

you should marry only one Look at me Im only restricted to 9 . ok, God knows you are hypocritical shauvinsts but allah is not a woman so he understands.so only one ok no more than 4.

but for me.. 9.I m the elect messenger. You wait till you die to be awarded with 72 virgins. virgins is as crucial as the 72.

Jesus was just another prophet. but Mohammed is the last but at the end of time the just another of many will come to seal things.

somebody got dizzy. I ve read that he suffered from epileptic attacks? dont know that's what I read somewhere.

Location hidden

#197834 Dec 28, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Might be like you say . Who knows really what his intentions were and in what ways he changed directions.
at least there's some sincerity in his contradictions. they speak for themselves about the uncertainty and the non uniqueness of Mohammed said.
you should marry only one Look at me Im only restricted to 9 . ok, God knows you are hypocritical shauvinsts but allah is not a woman so he understands.so only one ok no more than 4.
but for me.. 9.I m the elect messenger. You wait till you die to be awarded with 72 virgins. virgins is as crucial as the 72.
Jesus was just another prophet. but Mohammed is the last but at the end of time the just another of many will come to seal things.
somebody got dizzy. I ve read that he suffered from epileptic attacks? dont know that's what I read somewhere.
This is a good link to learn about Muhammad and who he was.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...

Since: Sep 13

Dubai, UAE

#197835 Dec 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Islamotard,
Your "prophet" wasn't condemning rape at all. He was condemning COITUS INTERRUPTUS.with regard to captured females.
So you confirm you r laying about raping as usual

Stop laying again proophet peace be upon him didn't ask to capture women and there is no such order mentioned in hadith

As we know there is prisoner in every war

Later prophet release them,

Your book ask to keep virgin for their self to have fun
While not virgin to be killed

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

19 “Anyone who has killed someone or touched someone who was killed must stay outside the camp seven days. On the third and seventh days you must purify yourselves and your captives. 20 Purify every garment as well as everything made of leather, goat hair or wood.”

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

When Muslim in their way to war they even don't cut branch of tree opposite christian

Read rest

As we know Muslim war was self protecting because they don't want peace ( they break convienet several time

They don't want muslim have light they don't want see Muslim worshipping creator only one God

No one other him

Monotheism

No one god plus one god (1+1=1) equal one

In presence ( simple only one) of islam christianity not consider monotheism
Muslim

Dubai, UAE

#197836 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a dumb Muslim!
The followers of Jesus believed what John wrote before it was even written.
Jesus had followers before and after His resurrection.
At Pentecost the disciples received a renewal of the Holy Spirit..
It was a message of the cross (v. 23). a.Acts 2:23: A This man was handed over to you by God's
It was a message of the resurrection (v. 24). a.Acts 2:24: But God raised him from the dead, freeing him

In Exodus 32 when Moses returned from

To trust the work of the Holy Spirit is to acknowledge and accept the blessings of the cross of Christ.
It obvious you dump

Why you interpete Acts as you incilation

Act is jew book

They don't believe in jesus

Neither coss of christ

So it is better to read your bible
Which say jesus crusified as punishment,

7 The Jewish leaders insisted,“We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

•hollyspirit filled elizebth does that make her God

All Muslim filled with holly spirit ( no wine

Christian including preist not filled with holly spirit

Jesus turn water to wine so he is not filled with holly spirit

Luke 1:15

Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Luke 1:15.

For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Dump girl dump her bible
Muslim

Dubai, UAE

#197837 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad didn't know God!
Don't lie he didn't worship moon

Abraham people were worshipping idols
Does that mean he worshipped idols ?

Does that mean he didn't know god

So stop laying

Bible say you are worshipping idols so god punish you by not understanding nation / Arab pre islam

Jesus idols in church look like what hindusim do

Deutonemy

21 They made me jealous by what is no god
    and angered me with their worthless idols.
I will make them envious by those who are not a people;
    I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding.
Muslim

Dubai, UAE

#197838 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>This is a good link to learn about Muhammad and who he was.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...
His parents die while he born

So they didn't taught him any thing about paganism
Neither any one

He didn't worship it

Just like prophet Abraham peace be upon him

His father was worship idols ,

Abraham father was alive but you say he know god

How could you claim prophet muhammad didn't know god

We conclude you r trying to twist prophet life

Location hidden

#197839 Dec 28, 2013
Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
It obvious you dump
Why you interpete Acts as you incilation
Act is jew book
They don't believe in jesus
Neither coss of christ
So it is better to read your bible
Which say jesus crusified as punishment,
7 The Jewish leaders insisted,“We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”
•hollyspirit filled elizebth does that make her God
All Muslim filled with holly spirit ( no wine
Christian including preist not filled with holly spirit
Jesus turn water to wine so he is not filled with holly spirit
Luke 1:15
Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Luke 1:15.
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Dump girl dump her bible
So you are saying your Allah god is a street punk that like Muslims that murder innocent people Muslims don't need a Savior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Augustine 450 2 hr Redeemed 4
News UPDATED: Archaeological dig reveals remnants of... Aug 26 The Duffy Agenda ... 3
News Islamic State militants behead archaeologist in... Aug 19 flame of truth 16
News Archaeological dig on Dundas Street unearths 18... Aug 12 Rover 1
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Aug 11 Giving Grief 3
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul '15 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul '15 mICHEAL 24
More from around the web