Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253556 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#197851 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
That is why Muslims don't accept Jesus as the Son of God.
We do not accept because that is a lie from the Church that was founded by pagans.

Jesus never said that he was the son of God.

That Jesus is the Son of God, is Horse Shit, Shamma. How long will you keep on telling lies.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197853 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>This is a good link to learn about Muhammad and who he was.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...
thanks shamma I ve saved it to read it later thanks

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#197854 Dec 28, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks shamma I ve saved it to read it later thanks
Here is another link that Muslims believe Muhammad was a Divine person as the perfect human being.
And that the world was created by Allah just for Muhammad, and the world belongs to Muslims because of it.
http://www.al-islam.org/life-muhammad-prophet...
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197855 Dec 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: now just what was that saying, hell hath no greater furry than? my goodness Girl, where did you come from? i have never seen a woman of G-D, like you. and i, like it. if i did not know better, i would accuse you of being THE HOLY FEMENINE SPIRIT of G-D.
haha wow rabee!! there's that friend that means to call me "goddess" but ..you know.. he's just greek and crazy . Consistent to his being.

trust me ..it doesnt go to my head. just in my veins. hahaa

shalom !
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197856 Dec 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Here is another link that Muslims believe Muhammad was a Divine person as the perfect human being.
And that the world was created by Allah just for Muhammad, and the world belongs to Muslims because of it.
http://www.al-islam.org/life-muhammad-prophet...
ah is that so ?/ so Muhamed not only used the necessary condiment of Jesus as I thought but he went as far and it went as deep to his head that he wished to become Jesus in the place of Jesus?

aaahh... things are more serious and nastier than I thought. pity.

"I was Prophet when Adam was between soul and body (i.e. when Adam's creation was in its preliminary stages)" (at-Tabarani, Al-Mu'jjam al-Kabir; Al Khasa'is al-Kubra, vol.1, p.4).

meanwhile you have no idea what laughs I have when I read that word "prophet" In any context especially anything in regard wtih the ..past.

thanks again for the link .
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197857 Dec 28, 2013
so .. if this is true --and it's up to muslims to refute it-- this is the absolute awsome truth we've all been looking for.

<<Muhammad's Light adorned the 'Arsh (Throne) of God. When eons later, Adam was created, that Light was put in his forehead. It continued its journey, generation after generation, through numerous prophets and their successors till it came to Prophet Ibrahim (a.s.). From Ibrahim (a.s.), it came to his eldest son, Prophet Isma'il (a.s.).>

Mohamed was the Son of Allah.
period.

and Jesus supposedly saying
"before Abraham was , I AM"

IS A FRAUD. HE COPIED MOHAMED.

that was some travelling mohamedan light.
so.. Muhammed is the son of Allah after all.

he was before Adam was before Abraham and all others was and certainly he was before Jesus was.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197858 Dec 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well other than the fact, that THE PARENTS of the alleged as jesus are known as G-D. and that Merreeam, was the chosen surrogate. your doing all right, go get em Girl. your doing just fine.
so in your understanding God is both male and female? a dual divinity?

is that some jewish view? mainstream or heretic ? extraordinary ? radical? what?
or not jewish at all maybe something else?
first time I ve heard this. Interesting.

And if we accept that God is both male and female then what is Jesus then if God is his parents?

ps. there's a joke going about where I come from.

first God created Adam. then he sat back took a hard look at him and said to himelf:
--hm.. I can do better than that.
and then he created Eva.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197859 Dec 28, 2013
first God created Adam. Adam was perfect but was unhappy for he was lonely .
He goes to God and complains.
God says I can make the perfect partner for you a wonderful companion But. I need your half part an arm and a leg to do that.
Adam protested my half part ? an arm ? a leg ?
No God dont do that.
well you asked for a companion. You got to give something .

Adam thought deeply and finally went to God
ok God. what can I get for a rib?
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197860 Dec 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that Qur'aan was not written down by Muhammad himself. Like Jesus, he could not write. Jesus could read a scroll or two but Muhammad could not even read.
Qur'aan was recited by Muhammad and the scribes wrote down what he recited.
Since nothing was revealed to Jesus, he did not recite out anything. He simply lectured people and that led to the Tu Quoque, which we see in the gospels.
You lied through your teeth, when you wrote: "he did say though that the univers "belongs to Allah and his last prophet- and it's full of lies."
He only said that all belongs to Allah, the LORD Almighty God.
It is in Qur'aan: "Lahu ma fis-samawaat-e wal-earth wa-ma baina-huma", which means all that is in the heavens, the earth and in between them, belongs to Allah.
Qur'aan does say what you said. Christian polemicists, who are assholes, say that.
Salaams
I dont quote the quran verbatim I keep the crux of its meanings.
so I said "he created the universe ,heaven an earth" you corrected me with "to Allah belongs ALL."

well by ALL do you exclude the universe , heaven an earth ?

or are you saying that Allah didnt create ALL , the universe, heaven and earth included?

splitting hairs much ?
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197861 Dec 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Nina Q
Corrected the last line: Should read again and add the word NOT!
It is true that Qur'aan was not written down by Muhammad himself. Like Jesus, he could not write. Jesus could read a scroll or two but Muhammad could not even read.
Qur'aan was recited by Muhammad and the scribes wrote down what he recited.
Since nothing was revealed to Jesus, he did not recite out anything. He simply lectured people and that led to the Tu Quoque, which we see in the gospels.
You lied through your teeth, when you wrote: "he did say though that the univers "belongs to Allah and his last prophet- and it's full of lies."
He only said that all belongs to Allah, the LORD Almighty God.
It is in Qur'aan: "Lahu ma fis-samawaat-e wal-earth wa-ma baina-huma", which means all that is in the heavens, the earth and in between them, belongs to Allah.
Qur'aan does NOT say what you said. Christian polemicists, who are assholes, say that.
Salaams
dont worry . I got it .
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197862 Dec 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Shamma, do you really not know the meaning of "messiah"?
This is a free tip: "Messiah is NOT God or even the only begotten son of God".
What do you think the Quran implies?
Here is an insight into Messiah claimants...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_...
more........
http://www.hope-of-israel.org/joseph.html
more..........
However, traditional Judaism maintains that the messianic idea has always been a part of Judaism. The mashiach is not mentioned explicitly in the Torah, because the Torah was written in terms that all people could understand, and the abstract concept of a distant, spiritual, future reward was beyond the comprehension of some people. However, the Torah contains several references to "the End of Days" (acharit ha-yamim), which is the time of the mashiach; thus, the concept of mashiach was known in the most ancient times.
The term "mashiach" literally means "the anointed one," and refers to the ancient practice of anointing kings with oil when they took the throne. The mashiach is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days.
The word "mashiach" does not mean "savior." The notion of an innocent, divine or semi-divine being who will sacrifice himself to save us from the consequences of our own sins is a purely Christian concept that has no basis in Jewish thought. Unfortunately, this Christian concept has become so deeply ingrained in the English word "messiah" that this English word can no longer be used to refer to the Jewish concept. The word "mashiach" will be used throughout this page.
http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm
ah interesting. I m quoting from your link:

<<Some gentiles have told me that the term "mashiach" is related to the Hebrew term "moshiah" (savior) because they sound similar, but the similarity is not as strong as it appears to one unfamiliar with Hebrew. The Hebrew word "mashiach" comes from the root Mem-Shin-Chet, which means to paint, smear, or annoint. The word "moshiah" comes from the root Yod-Shin-Ayin, which means to help or save. The only letter these roots have in common is Shin, the most common letter in the Hebrew language. The "m" sound at the beginning of the word moshiah (savior) is a common prefix used to turn a verb into a noun. For example, the verb tzavah (to command) becomes mitzvah (commandment). Saying that "mashiach" is related to "moshiah" is a bit like saying that ring is related to surfing because they both end in "ing." >>

so mashiah and moshiah are not the same?
mashiah = the anointed
moshiah = saviour

not the same???
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197863 Dec 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you were not there either.
So you believe what some writers came up with.
These writers were not eye witnesses.
They forgot to leave any originals....does not that ring alarm bells?
To say that Jesus is God is blasphemy.
Jesus was a Messenger, creation and a slave of God.
I was not there. I read the books and use by brains. please notice that I m not trying to impose my belief to theones that are not inclined to it. For example I m not trying to impose Jesus on jews.

but.. from that to tolerating any Tom Dick and harry muslim pretending they undrestand my books and Jesus better than christians that's a long way .

I m just having fun proving how funny muslims are in their attempt to present themselves as THE savvies about everything Jesus did and said and thought and meant to say as if they were there and in his mind.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197864 Dec 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you before....why on earth would G-d visit you and depress you so much??
Your "g-d" must have a plan for you....what is it...as you have not convinced even the postman.
When you talked about "OUR image" etc...I was suggesting a plural G-d!!
Along the lines...
Why don't you re-write Genesis....1
1 In the beginning "Gods" created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of "Gods" was hovering over the waters.
3 And "Gods" said,“Let there be light,” and there was light.
4 "Gods" saw that the light was good, and "they" separated the light from the darkness.
5 "Gods" called the light “day,” and the darkness "they" called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
6 And "Gods" said,“Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”
7 So "Gods" made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.
8 "Gods" called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
9 And "Gods" said,“Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.
10 "Gods" called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And "Gods" saw that it was good..........
Nice idea but its too late as hindu books have beaten you to it.
You are a Pagan who is lagging behind hindus!.
Alex, that's the interesting and controversial point.
the Septuagin hebrew scribes that translated hebrew OT into Greek they deliberately chose NOT to convey the plurality into Greek.

any Elohim Adonai etc plural form of God was translated into various ways of : God. Lord, God my lord, the judges ( here plural was unavoidable) etc.

what you give here in english may be correct but is not a correct translation from Greek from which after all all OT were covneyed into latin then all other languages.

question is why Elohim was deliberately translated into singular God in greek then to be spread this way in all other languages.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197865 Dec 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you listening to yourself?
You are a pessimistic person and unfortunately you don't realise that Satan is the king in the art of making people doubt...hate...divide... and be pessimistic...
Look at the words you use...
... terrible things
.. doing something wrong
... there is going to be hell and death
..you are just as guilty as adolph hitler and stalin.
... your just as guilty, of murder as assad is.
Try using lovely words....use wisdom and beauty....
This is what I believe in..........not doing a good job admittedly!!):
"Invite all to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful teaching, and converse with them in ways that are best and most gracious, for your Lord knows best who have strayed from His path, and who have received guidance. "
good point. bravo
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197866 Dec 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's stick to a key point in question....
Many who peddle Gospels here seem to promote a three headed monster that includes father-son-ghost(aka mother!) combo which is quite silly.
Islam denies this as utter nonsense.
Please tell us which version makes more sense...
denial in itself can never make any sense. Affirmation can or cannot make any sense.

especially when Islam that you think makes more sense denying the " 3 headed monster" claims that Mohamed's light stuck in Adam's forehead ( preexistent to Adam ) and from his forehead it "continued its journey to some others' forehead such as Abraham's Moses' and Ibrahim's .

please what sensd do you make of islam denying the absurdity of the "3 headed monster" but accepts that mohamed preexisted Adam as light that travels from forehead to forehead

blimey!
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197867 Dec 28, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
He is saying truth
Jesus is not god
Bible said
Matthew 21:11 The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet
Read my previous page answers and u will find truth
You should believe what inside bible not what other said about bible
I dont get it. Why do muslims exhaust themselves to eternity trying to tell Jesus was not God?

why the bloody hell do you care what jesus was or what christians believe ?

why do you define islam by what Jesus was or was not? why doesnt islam dribble a bit about Hindu gods Zaratustra. Baahl and all others??

I 'll tell you why

because Jesus is all that matters and your recipe is NOTHING without a dash of Jesus.

I m sorry to tell you that though you like the dash of him you're gonna exhaust yourself trying to kill the whole of him

which you will never ever ever do.

what a struggle in vain really

Islam is "jesus was not God or the son of God"

ridicule
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197868 Dec 28, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
He is saying truth
Jesus is not god
Bible said
Matthew 21:11 The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet
Read my previous page answers and u will find truth
You should believe what inside bible not what other said about bible
funny really funny that you will use the NT to pick what the writer says what the CROWDS said about Jesus ( bravo to the sincerity of theh writer of the gospel ) but you will close your eyes mind and heart to what the same writers wrote about what Jesus said about HIMSELF.

well people.. this is getting more and more ridiculous .

Allah is "jesus-is-not-god"

well hell yeah we heard that before in judaism

anything new?? oh yeah.

Allah is "jesus-is-not-god-just-a -necessary-condiment-to -make -a-new-recipe"
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197869 Dec 28, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my posts previous page
God talking about promise prophet
Decended from ishmael
Prophet of islam decended from ishmael
Name prophet muhammad in bible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Mc47-gyqodgXX
Plus more stuff
Like arabic language and so on
Grave say islam truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
God say he will make you envy by another natiion
I will make them envious by those who are not a people; I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding.
Not understanding called Arab pre islam
In arabic Jahili or Jahil which is not understanding
Jew say islam true they even don't accept christinaty which claim come to complete judaism
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
promised prophet?

prophet means foreteller. What did Muhamed foretell?
Jesus? Abraham?

what??
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197870 Dec 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Paul Quoting from John is a Clear proof that John did not write that Gospel and that it was written AFTER Paul!!.
come again MUQ?? Paul quoted John 's gospel that was written AFTER Paul
is that a FACT again ?
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197871 Dec 28, 2013
hahahahaa Jesus Christ!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Tue Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul 23 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul 23 Antonia 4
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 5 Silencer 1,974
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Jul 4 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 24
More from around the web